Rocky Mountain Flea Market - See first post for Tips & Rules

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by neduro, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Assfault

Assfault Exposed Member Supporter

Oddometer:
    Michigan from the Rocky Mountain High Country
    Edited for content and bumping.
  2. WaterOx

WaterOx Farklevergnügen

Oddometer:
    Due to overwhelming response to my previous post of apparel for sale, I've decided it's best to accept PayPal payments for those who want to "buy it now" otherwise things will be sold on an in-person, first come, first served basis. Either way, PM me to get my PayPal email address or for viewing times.

Thanks!
  3. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Oh, that's funny. I post PM sent but you have already contacted the seller without posting and you have first go at it. :flip

Apparently this place runs like Craigslist. :csm
  4. Olas

Olas Long timer

Oddometer:
    He posted on my main flea market ad and I contacted him because it's a trade deal that interests me more than cash... So not sure how that's like Craigslist. Also, I stated PM me in the ad since I don't catch all the posts in the flea market thread.
  5. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
    This is exciting!
  6. Olas

Olas Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nothing to get excited about. Blake reached out first, and I let Gordy know that, so I'm not sure what the issue is about.
  7. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Assfault, any chance you have info on what other bikes those forks will fit? I went to the Ohlins site and it was less than worthless. I have an 01 Honda CR250.
  8. TooFast

TooFast Long timer

Oddometer:
    Olas and I communicated on a deal, met as planned, did business, easy peasy deal.

Last week I made two CL deals, waited at the meeting spot and neither showed up or called to cancel.

Big difference between here and CL.
  9. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    The issue is if you have it posted in Rockies and there is a deal going on, you should edit your post to say so that morning, (not at 3:31 PM) We have no idea what is going on in other threads and certainly not in the "Main" flea market or in PMs. I said PM sent and that should lock it in if I spoke up first to THAT ad. I agree, when I contacted you today, you let me know that Blake was interested in trading.
    I suppose that it would help if things posted in the Rockies FM that are posted elsewhere only had a link in The Rockies FM to the "Main FM" ad that it is actually being sold in. That might help keep the ad confined to what the seller can keep track of. :dunno

No sweat, it's your bike to sell, I just hate it when you never know if something is still for sale or not and anyways, Blake will be selling it again in <6 months with even more mods.
  10. Olas

Olas Long timer

Oddometer:
    The deal was not done yet, so why should I update my ad when nothing is set in stone? Now that I know it is, the ad is updated. I communicated with you what was going on, I didn't lead you on in any way. If you're upset about the time you wasted writing a 2 sentence PM because Blake and I were in the midst of a negotiation, then apologies to you, Sir.
  11. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    It's no big deal.
    I just didn't appreciate Blake posting the :ksteve at my post that said PM Sent with the ad still running and he had not responded before me.
    I'm just overly sensitive or not sure how this is supposed to work, I guess.
    Cheers!
  12. crosscountry

crosscountry Bear went over Mountain

Oddometer:
    Toronto, land of potholes and salty roads
    Exactly. Nothing beats cash in hand.
  13. Assfault

Assfault Exposed Member Supporter

Oddometer:
    Michigan from the Rocky Mountain High Country
    No idea to tell you the truth.I originally bought then to install on the ADVStrom I built a few years ago.
    I ended up going with XR400 forks because they bolted right up.
    Other than that, they are old stock Cannondale forks from when they went belly up.
    They are pretty nice, but have been sitting in my shop now for 5 years or so, time for them to go.
    I dont know if they will plug and play onto another bike. I know these are both basically left forks with the brake lugs., but that really wouldn't matter only using the one side.
    Maybe someone on Thumpertalk might know something.
  14. bobfab

bobfab Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  15. bobfab

bobfab Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    selling a 3-pc desk. Its old vintage look, there is a babybobfab on the way :eek1 and we are getting rid of the spare room furniture.

full disclosure on CL, but for me. we would like 60$

by orchard mall in westminster

PHoto and CL desc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Up for sale is a cool vintage modular desk. It is actually 3 peices and works really well for getting into tight spots. Old homes, tight staircases etc... It is in good shape, not perfect but functional and clean. It has tons of drawer space, cool leather top, looks like something Nucky Thompson would use.

Email for phone number!
  16. DutchVDub

DutchVDub Adventurous Pirate Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sale pending on KTM Motocross pants and jerseys.

Rostra kit sold
  17. Giggity

Giggity ..........

Oddometer:
  18. WaterOx

WaterOx Farklevergnügen

Oddometer:
  19. chuckphlegm

chuckphlegm Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. LarryGS

LarryGS Long timer Supporter