New and improved KTM690 WUNDERFEST

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by crankshaft, Sep 6, 2011.

1. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Not to stir anyone up, but a used Seat Concepts complete seat with better SC seat pan. Great construction but I really didn't like the "roll" or "log shape " curved top foam it uses and it's all they offered in that seat (2 versions). The foam shape didn't suit my shape and was not comfortable. Not a dis on SC, it was very nicely made seat and good customer service. I've had 2 other Renazco seats and they were the best ever for me, so going that route again. Not the cheapest way to do it, that's for sure.
  2. buddoggin

buddoggin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Total turn around time for me was 10 days. That's from the moment I placed my order to installing the new seat on my bike. :deal
  3. Spearfisher

Spearfisher Pathfinder

Oddometer:
    I`m the new guy from the woods.
    Glad to be here. Longtime lurker, but now I`m in.
    Greets to all of you.:clap

Joc
  4. Bill the Bong

Bill the Bong Supern00ba

Oddometer:
    Welcome
  5. Roadracer_Al

Roadracer_Al louder, louder, louder!

Oddometer:
    Regarding KTMitch -- I thought his behavior in the 690 Wunderfest was appropriate and sufficiently non-commercial. We'd get an occasional "Press Release" which I, personally, always valued.

That said... we have no idea what his behavior was in other threads within thumpers.

I would support having him un-banned... released on his own recognizance with time served as full punishment.
  6. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    I'll make this my last post on the subject. (I promise)

Look at the link, and the post numbers mentioned, in my Signature.

The only posts by him that were punted were the suspension related posts from the last month. All of them are 690 related.

Edit: To preserve the information without getting myself punted (I will be changing my Signature soon), I copied all of the deleted posts and pasted them into the Official RR Vendor Thread (http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=795897). I suggest going to the Thread Tools Button in the upper R of the page and subscribing to it, this will notify you of updates as they come in.
  7. leanin

leanin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good idea and thanks Uller!
  8. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't really like the SC seat cover / foam ...

Too wide for me - strange shape ...

I'll put up with it as the stock seat is so uncomfortable on long days, and I don't want to spend heaps more money on it - that said, if I ever found a complete gell seat (with pan) going cheaply I'd probably snap it up ...
  9. cyborg

Oddometer:
    Renazco Racing seats have a wider rear as well, but that's what makes them so comfortable. They are narrow where you do stand-up riding, wide where you do the sit-down longer riding/dual-sporting/adventure riding. They are massively popular with the Rally racing crowd so they must be doing something right. If a 690 is being used for pure Enduro racing then a skinnier seat, even the stock OEM one, is fine for that duty or for shorter rides and what I am using while I wait for my Renazco. The 2013 OEM 690 seat is not as bad as the earlier KTM ass-splitters.
  10. Bigbugberg

Bigbugberg De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    The gel seats absorb huge amounts of heat if left in the sun. You can't sit on them for hours afterwards.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  11. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
    That wouldn't have occurred to me, but it makes sense (being gell) ...

Might be tricky keeping it out of the sun ...
  12. buddoggin

buddoggin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :rofl:roflYou got that right!!! :rofl:rofl
  13. rdkyote

rdkyote Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bummer. I guess if I owned this site and was paying the monthly bandwidth fee, I wouldn't be all that happy about people using the site to make money. I understand the rationale, but I also thought his posts were very helpful. Maybe if one wanted to post vendor-related material on the site, one could pay a small donation to the keep up the web hosting. Just an idea...
  14. FriedDuck

FriedDuck Why die all tensed up?

Oddometer:
    +1 sorry to hear about Mitch. I always thought he kept it appropriately non-commercial, and any commercial stuff was outweighed by helpful posts about his experience with the bike.

On the subject of seats. I have the Corbin, and bought a stock '12 seat from an inmate that's a huge improvement over the '08 stocker. I end up riding on the '12 stock seat more than the Corbin to be honest.

Ah, found the pic of the '12 seat next to the '08. The foam's thicker and if you look, the width of the crown at the back is a lot wider on the '12.

[​IMG]
  15. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've got a 2013 seat sitting in the garage if anyone is interested.

In running a Seat Concepts
  16. ohauitirod

ohauitirod Dream Rider

Oddometer:
    How is there seat pan , looking at getting one for my 13 :1drink
  17. palmstatecrawler

palmstatecrawler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :ear im curious about their pan in case I have trouble with mine in the future
  18. sdd04

sdd04 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Ozarks....SW MO, NW AR-great place to play!
    My Seat Concepts seat went on at 195 miles at the end of March, and I've now got about 5600 miles on the bike. Seat pan and gripper/carbon cover still in great shape. Even the orange stitching is still looking like new.

As for comfort, it's been good. For me, a big improvement over the stock 2013 seat. The first 85 miles on the bike were riding it home from the dealership. That was it for me and the stock seat.

I do a 350 mile day with the Seat Concepts and my backside will be sore. But, I've never had a problem getting back on the bike the next day and it being like starting fresh.

Only seen pictures of the Renazco-never had the opportunity to try one, so I don't know how they are. Seems like you can find lots of people that are happy with both of these vendors.
  19. cyborg

Oddometer:
    The Seat Concepts seat pan (with the complete seat) is probably the best one out there. It's quite thick and not brittle at all. I would guess it to be some kind of polyethylene, rather than the lighter but much more brittle OEM seat pan. SC gives you a different screw mount up front because the pan is quite a bit thicker than the OEM one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    My radiator is fooked. The fan finally vibrated through the fins and gave me a bad leak today.

Anyone know the cheapest place to order one on line? I thought I remember getting one a few years back for around $500.. now I can only find them for $700. WTH. :D

Edit.

After some searching I found this..

76535010000 RADIATOR 08 $461.58
    76535010300 RADIATOR $722.27

Whats the difference between 76535010000 and 76535010300?