2013 Sandblast Rally - March 2 - SC

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Anders Green, Sep 26, 2012.

1. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    As long as we are doing predictions.... I predict I will win by a large margin and embarass you all :lol3 After all I am new and improved with titanium parts in my knee!
  2. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    Was counting 2013, sorry for the semantic blunder.

*****edit***** What happened to Mike Bradway? I was hoping to see the two Mikes go at it on stage this year!
  3. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    I have the same parts......didn't help:lol3
  4. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:

Hey: Mike's still trying to figure out which bike he's riding.

He got a new F800 GS, but dosen't want to race it, ( too heavy ) he dosen't trust the 690 and his 450 enduro bike dosen't fit the regs. I think he'll figure something out.

I'd like to see them compete too.

Jack
  5. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    Would still be happy if I am as fast as you with my repaired knee

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    Well, it would be treat if he raced the 800, although I htink he wants to win, if possible.
    Should be able to talk him into it on the basis of "where else will you ever be able to do that to this bike?"
  7. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:

Too heavy? Mike will probably make that bike look like a little 2 stroke bike compared to how some of us (Moi) ride one.
  8. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    What is the 450 missing to be legal? As long as it had turn signals brake light headlight and a plate should be good. Is NJ one of those states that makes it difficult to plate a bike?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    Possibly also a question of fuel capacity and gearing? Pain in the ass to change the whole setup, when I'm sure its been tweaked to run enduros quite well :D
  10. Locker43

Locker43 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    KTM 950-450ish lbs?
    KTM 950 SE 400 lbs
    BMW 800 410ish lbs?

Race the fat bitch, they are waaay fun down there!
  11. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3
    :deal:deal:deal:deal:deal:deal:deal

Sorry, but i couldn't resist. Not only do they make it hard to plate a bike, they are trying to make it hard to even ride one.

We have a meeting tonight with Parks and Forest Dept, the DEP and the Park Supers that may signal the end of NJ enduros. :eek1 Mike and I will be there representing our respective clubs, wish us luck. Only two members from each club can attend, so we don't out number them.

Jack
  12. Entrepre-neer

Entrepre-neer Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer:
    Good luck Jack! Keeping good riding open is real work these days. I'm always glad there are good guys willing to fight for it .:clap
  13. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    Yea, clash of the titans style! Jack, having one of your instructors racing a big
    a big bike and doing well would be great advertising for your school!
    Wasn't Rallymoto made for DS bikes anyway? Racing a plated MX/harescramble bikes defeats the purpose I think. If a C enduro rider like me can manage 2nd place on a big bike, Mike B should have zero problems.
  14. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:

Hey: Here's what I said to Mike B. " I'm only gonna say this once, if you race the 800 and win, I'd be really cool for the school, and our sponsor BMW Manhattan, would love it."

His response, was something like, "Do you know how hard it would be to stop that thing going 100 MPH." :evil Then something about having to beef up the brakes etc. and something about getting it "scratched up". :D

Some bikes you buy to race and some you buy to ride.

When I see him tonight, I'll get an update.

These days the kTM 450, the Husky's and bikes similar to them are enduro bikes with blinkers, so the difference between an "enduro bike" and a DS are becoming less and less. His enduro honda 450 (CRF) I think, would take to much to make it "Rally Ready" and enduro season is right around the corner. And I agree a Plated Dirt Bike isn't what this type of racing is about.

Jack
  15. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    Ouch, that would certainly suck. Best of luck.
  16. Doug Mo

Doug Mo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Jack:

Good luck with the greenies tonight, all of us are fighting the same issues up in the Northeast area with the exception of Maine, some great riding up there. Maybe Anders can figure out a rally up in loggin country for the bikes. There is something special about the big bikes at Sandblast, yes they don't stop which makes for some interesting moments. Still on the fence, may break out the buffalo and head down to hang out and see if a Senior Rider can still comprehend those speeds. I still have a day or so to decide. Hope to see everyone shortly. Best!!
  17. Locker43

Locker43 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do it Doug, training beverages on me all weekend!
  18. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:

Thanks Doug, Hope you can make it. I'm not sure, but I may be the only 55 + rider entered. :eek1

As far as the meeting, we lost all single track in one of the state forests where we can still host enduros. :cry They are limiting our options to fire cuts and unimproved dirt roads. The only good part is I can add the fire cuts to the PB300 in Nov. I think we may have a chance to get it back, but it will be a hard fight.

www.pinebarrens500.org

Regards
    Jack
  19. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    Is Sandylane on private land or lost land?
  20. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    Don't worry Gilkey is another old fart like you :lol3

Sorry to hear that, best of luck to you and others fighting to keep land open. I still hope to get down to NJ for the pine barrons one of these years. Hopefully you can keep the event going. I keep hearing good things about it.