Headed East! Suggestions for routes and stays

Discussion in 'Americas' started by ghostrider1964, Apr 14, 2009.

1. ghostrider1964

ghostrider1964 Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer:
    I have no specific destination in Maine, just thought I would see some of it. I do have to be in Seabrook, NH for a few days to visit with my daughter, so I figured while in the neighborhood, spend a day or two in Maine....:lol3
  2. JBMorse

JBMorse Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well from Seabrook, NH you can follow rte 1A to Portsmouth. New Hampshire's coastline is short but beautiful. Continue through Portsmouth into Maine and take 103 through Kittery and hook up with 1 in York. You can see some nice stuff that way. Old houses and pretty coastline. I recommend spending a while in Portsmouth's downtown. It's a great New England experience with old colonial buildings.
    This is a good time to see the coastal areas. It's a little early for the billions of Bostonites and New Yorkers who invade over the summer, so it won't be crowded too badly. Normally I would never recommend Rt 1 through York.
    If you're in NH for any amount of time, take a ride up into the White Mountains and ride the Kancamagnus highway. Again traffic shouldn't be to bad there at the time you're going.
  3. ghostrider1964

ghostrider1964 Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer:
    I appreciate, I think I travelled part of this many years ago, sure it has changed now. I am going to be looking for inmates that might loan a room for the night in Maine, New York State and Pennsylvania