The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Krono

Krono Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Only reds here in europe too :cry

L
  2. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer

Oddometer:
    White looks nice!

Personally, this is the first bike Ive owned that isnt getting any cosmetic upgrades....I just dont see the point. Its gonna get dirty, dropped, scratched, broke, wrecked, tossed, and ridden. Ill get my luggage, my crash protection for the essentials, keep up with my mechanicals. Yeah its a 2013 but dual sports still look best after theyve seen some adventures rather than staying squeaky clean like the road bikes.

I may rattle can it some day? Haha
  3. x32792

x32792 Cracker American

Oddometer:
    Just finished reading the first 122 pages of this threat and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope to read and learn more about the LRP.
  4. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
    Welcome ... did you make an index of topics while reading? Will you share? :D
  5. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer

Oddometer:
    Holy hell you must have learned alot

My turn to learn...at my age I should be more in to this hip-hop lingo you kids are using these days...what does LRP mean?

I realize your talking about the bike, but what does it actually mean
  6. Lost Roadie

Lost Roadie High-Tech Meets Low Class Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lake Isabella, CA USA / Mai Chau, Vietnam

Little Red Piggy, as seen in not so famous or not so great videos like this one.

By all means don't confuse it with the BRP (Big Red Pig), the Honda XR650R. :deal

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/54423038?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/54423038">The Little Red Piggy</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/lostrider">Lost Rider</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
  7. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    little?
    red?
    pig?

Nanocer's a LWP
  8. Irish769

Irish769 In Principio Erat Verbum

Oddometer:
    Greetings from just another Noob. I have a CRF on order...should be in my garage by 01/12 or so. I have been lurking and learning for a couple of months and appreciate the knowledge base. I have been pre-farkling and have a closet full of stuff just itching to be installed (Flatland skid plate and radiator guard, Manrack, Wolfman E12's, handguards etc). I have ridden street bikes for 30 years and always wanted something to leave the pavement. I looked at sooooo many dual-sports and just couldn't pull the trigger. I took a ride on a CRF and believe I found what I was looking for!
  9. ryguy83

ryguy83 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Little Red Pig
  10. ryguy83

ryguy83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    oh yea, AWSOME video Lost,great editing,had me cracking up

-ry
  11. Lost Roadie

Oddometer:

Welcome to the party Irish, Christmas is coming a little late for you this year&#8230;. congrats on your new bike, have fun getting off the beaten paved path, beware though it's like crack and can become very addicting. :D

Thanks ry, glad you like, it's supposed to be a little funny&#8230;. can't take life too seriously now can we?

-Finn
  12. gaw777

gaw777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  13. DirtyBlackIrish

DirtyBlackIrish Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Welcome!
  14. Irish769

Irish769 In Principio Erat Verbum

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the welcome! Great video Lost...I hope that's what you do for a living otherwise you missed your calling! Love your decals as well and hope to obtain a few.

I would like to replace my brake lines with some braided stainless and wondering how much of a job it is. I have bled and replaced fluid on many a brake but never pulled or replaced lines. Is it considerably harder starting with a dry line to get all the air out?
  15. merc16

merc16 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OMG ! I just finished reading this whole thread. It took a few days but I did it before the year ended. I can't decide between it and possibly the Husqvarna 650Terra. Luckily, I have till spring to decide. Gotta pay bills off first. In this whole thread, I have not read anything that I would take as a negative of the 250.
  16. Farmboi

Farmboi n00b

Oddometer:
    Still working on getting through all the posts but I've read many of them. I'm a total noob to motorcycles, getting in it to keep up with my 15 yr old son. For a first time bike I'm trying to decide between this and the wr250r. I'm 5"11 175lbs so I don't think I have to have a smallerish bike. I will do off road with my son who has a 2 stroke 125 and then I want to commute to work, 10 miles, no highway. For me, I think either bike will work, though the wr250r may be better off road when I improve as a rider. I think it's coming done to cost of these new. Nothing used in my area. I've looked at both manuals and the wr250r seems to have a longer maintenance schedule especially on the valves. Am I reading that right? Seems to the crf250l has a valve check at 600 miles then every 8k, as well as other maintenance where as the wr is valves at 24k, but reg maintenance is every 6k. Im no mechanic so this translates to direct costs, will try to learn many thanks to posts here but are there any thoughts on what this maintenance translates to for the two bikes? Or does it still just come down to preference?
  17. ryguy83

ryguy83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey lost,could you tell me what kinda performance mods youve done if any,looks quick in your video,i love that sharp turn you do up to the camera and then skid outta the turn,looks sick!! good stuff

-ry
  18. Lost Roadie

Oddometer:
    I drilled some holes in the airbox, probably made no difference besides the sound, no money spent on performance mods. It feels like it has more power now with some miles on the motor and its first service dome.
    Those were stock tires and gearing in the video, we now have a 13t sprocket and proper knobby tires and are very happy with what the LRP has to offer as is with those simple changes.

Happy new year from O'hare at 5 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. topping

topping Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone i am new to dual sport bikes and riding. I have been very much enjoying my new CRF250L taking it on some trails and mostly road riding but the other day i gave it a wash and put it away for the night and now it wont start because the engine management light is showing.

I am going to get the dealer to pick it up this week i really hope its covered under the warrantee.

I will post an update when i know what is causing the problem.
  20. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    We have 20" of snow on the ground here in WI. So our bikes are in the basement for a bit. Merry Christmas to me.
    I found some Aerostich Tank Panniers under the tree. :clap

[​IMG]

For $3 at the local hardware store I procured some front attachment points:

[​IMG]

I think they will ride there just fine but need more road testing,,,,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]