Florida: Big Bend Tag-o-rama!!!!

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by halmc, Dec 28, 2009.

1. halmc

halmc Turkey T*urd

Oddometer:
    Tallahassee, Florida -- home of good ideas
    How about we revive the BBTOR for the cooler months?

Game on!

The BBTOR occupies the territory bounded by the Apalachicola river to the west, the Suwanee to the east, and the Florida border with Georgia to the north; and points with a reasonable nexus thereto.

Rules much as before: since the object of the game is to get folks on their bikes when they might otherwise not be inclined to ride, file photos are legal neither for setting a tag nor for claiming a tag.

Tags should be located where a resonably competent rider can reach them w/o undue risk of injury or arrest. If a player doesn't like the tag location, his or her remedy is to claim it and move it to a place more suited to their tastes -- or to wait until someone else does.

Again, GAME ON!

And remember BBTOR found tags are here!
  2. sfront

sfront Chaos in Motion

Oddometer:
    Good for you HALMC!
    Some of us inmates envision a long adv trip at some point in the future.
    You know....when your wife no longer minds if you're gone for a month or more at a time.:crash .....:ricky
    Although I'm not quite there yet.....:rofl
    Jumping the lines and traveling into your neighbors TOR offers the chance to sort of 'practice' for that longer trip.
    At some point in the future we'll graduate to the NATOR......then we're off!!!:norton
    Here's hoping for a very active BB TOR!!!:beer
    Steve
  3. TreeManG23

TreeManG23 TreeMan Racing

Oddometer:
    Let the fun begin!!!!! :D
  4. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  5. Mugwest

Mugwest "You mean this is the REAL world!?"

Oddometer:
    Please collect/correct me, but it is seeming that one needs to be retired and/or semi-wealthy to do this Tag thing. HowTF are you doing this during the week?

My crowd works M-F (except Inept :deal ), and when we hit the woods the last thing on our agenda is pictorial puzzles. Sorry. As a group we're missing why this is compelling :confused
  6. Egodriver71

Egodriver71 Rider of something

Oddometer:
    Don't feel bad. I'm a M-F 8-5er, so I have to do things like wait until this Fri to go get our NFL tag out of CFL. With the sun setting so soon, I cannot even fathom doing them after work. Now once DST hits, I may be taking quite a few 'long' ways home.

Plus this game is reall more for street or dual/sport riders. If you're more trail than street, most of them will be out of reach.
  7. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mug, that's exactly why I was talking about an ANF tag. post up where it is, and somebody go get it. That get you to areas of ANF that you don't ride often. Sadly, the only time I ride the West side near Cliff Lake is during the Dec campout.... That bastige Inept could rack up tags now that hes both retired and wealthy:nod
    See we all ride alone over here. That would give us something to do, and somewhere to go- alone. Also gets me past the ATV trails when I do get to ride.
  8. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mug,:fishie you can't put your group in a Box. We're way to diverse. Speaking strictly for myself, TOR sites are only interesting if its location has historic, scenic, etc significance. WAY too many places have been boat landings, farm fields, crossroads and the like. Not trying to hurt feelings, its just that we all find different things interesting enough to put in the effort. Still I look, and once in a while see one I'd like to go get. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't.

Agree. Post it up. If someones interested they'll go get it. If not, it takes the usual course.:grim
  9. sfront

sfront Chaos in Motion

Oddometer:
    I'm 51 and neither retired nor wealthy but my work schedule does have some flexibility. I ride both dirt and street. Most times when in the woods (like yesterday, RR on DDS) its with a small group of friends, whereas on the street I prefer it to be solo.
    Lately with hunting season, we've left the woods to the hunters so the street rides help scratch the itch.
    These TOR's allow/persuade me to find a new road, go a different way, etc.
    Yeah, I know where I need to end up but the ride to there is what its about for me.
    When I place a new tag it may not be at an Historical Landmark or such but I can guarantee you'll see some good stuff, ride a great road, have some good food/beer, along the way. :freaky
    Have you and the wife ever had this conversation??? Where do you want to eat? I don't know......where do you want to go.....adnauseum......
    When the sun is shining and the weathers perfect, your bikes ready to go, you don't have to ask yourself "where should I ride today?" Only how would I like to get there.
    I figure I'll only get to see a set number of perfect days so if I can shift my schedule around to ride on a great Tuesday, I'll happily work on a rainy Saturday.
    I know later in life I'll never remember that rainy Saturday I had to work...............
    I will probably remember that perfect Tuesday.
    Although sometimes its unavoidable, I try not to confuse my career with my life.
    If I live to 75 I only have 1248 Saturdays left.......
  10. oneredevo

oneredevo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Waiting for that first Big Bend tag. :earI got Google open and the bike gassed up.:ricky
  11. halmc

halmc Turkey T*urd

Oddometer:
    FIRST TAG!

[​IMG]

Across the road:

[​IMG]

Additional clue: if you hear banjo music and the distant squeal of a pig here, the banjo's real . . . and so's the pig.
  12. TreeManG23

TreeManG23 TreeMan Racing

Oddometer:
    Ooooh ooooh ooooh I know where it is!!!!

Been there too :evil
  13. J

J Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok. it was damn cold this morning but I went and got it any ways.

Stay tuned for the next tag.

Attached Files:

14. Mugwest

Mugwest "You mean this is the REAL world!?"

Oddometer:
    Point taken, Tony. I over-spoke my bounds. Mea fuckupa.

Carry on TORers :thumb
  15. halmc

halmc Turkey T*urd

Oddometer:
    Good work, 650gsrider! Didja knock out a sausage dog while you were there?
  16. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    In my best truck driver voice:

"Ah, that's a big negatory on that, driver."
  17. J

J Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No sausage dogs as they were closed. Guess I got there too early..:(:

Stay tuned for the next tag will post it tomorrow after a nice ride in ANF.
  18. J

J Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok here is the next tag. I didn't get out into ANF today so I'll post a pic from yesterday. Pretty easy to get to even on a street bike. I wanted to post something a little more challenging to get to be oh well. I'm not going to worry about road names or numbers because this is easy to find.

Attached Files:

19. halmc

halmc Turkey T*urd

Oddometer:
    C'mon, hombres, the game ain't hard, no one's barred, and you don't need no steenkin' GS:

[​IMG]

Look for a new tag tomorrow.:evil Yo, and don't taze me, bro's -- I just wanna keep it moving right here at the beginning. Who knows, might generate a bit of interest even tho it was 41F out at goose pasture when I took the picture.
  20. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was headed out there in the morning- Thanks for saving my hands:thumb :poser