Divide Ride

Discussion in 'Americas' started by ttrider650, Feb 28, 2013.

1. ttrider650

ttrider650 n00b

Oddometer:
    Continental Divide, July 2013, any dual sport riders able to go? It will be north to south ride, looks like it is usually done in about two weeks give or take. 2500 miles of mostly gorgeous countryside and spectacular scenery, and most importantly fun fun fun. Don't want too big of a group, that seems like tooo much waiting if the croud is too large. Join up and let's go!!!:evil
  2. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    I'll be going in July as well. No set dates and I had originally planned north to south even though I'm only a day ride away from the southern end of it.
  3. ttrider650

ttrider650 n00b

Oddometer:
    Great, we don't have a committed date yet either but thinking just after the 4th. So if that sounds good just let me know and we can chat further..
  4. spotlight

spotlight Noob

Oddometer:
    Hey TT I'm game got the whole month of July off. I and a friend of 25 years had been planning it until he decided to jump his DR-650 motocross style and imploded his L-1 he thought he was 17 not 47.

I got a 2013 DR-650 all decked out with all the goodies for the trip last mod left is the 5.3 Acerbis tank and locking cap....and I plan on installing a fresh set of Heidenau Scouts k-60-140 style right before I leave.

I live in Knoxville Tennessee and plan on taking back roads from here to Montana. I have no desire to get the photo at the border station I hear you have to enter Canada to do so and I plan to pack a 9mm so i will start in Roosville MT......inbox me and lets trade numbers.....I am rock solid in my plans. Some company would be nice either way or I will do it alone....cheers:freaky

5. spotlight

spotlight Noob

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  6. Islanderbychoice

Islanderbychoice n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm driving my pick-up with three trailered bikes from Demming, NM to Eureka, MT on August 23rd to ride the divide north to south. Curious if anybody is headed north on the trail who could use the truck/trailer to return their bikes to NM? I cannot change the date forward, but you would have a week to drive south beginning on the 25th.

Appreciate any and all ideas.
  7. pescarr

pescarr Banned

Oddometer:
    Following Tourdevide.org the worlds hardest Mt Bike race, starts June 14th in Banff and end in Antelope Well, NM. I'm leaving Pensacola, FL around the 1st of June and will follow the race until I get tired of watching and may take the Trans American Trail home. Anyone interested is welcome as long as they are not a pain in the a...
  8. ttrider650

ttrider650 n00b

Oddometer:
    Well we got some takers and we got some fakers so far, but will leave Rooseville 1st half of July, exact date when all collaberated. Any more takers ? Speak up soon. :deal
  9. r'elise me

r'elise me Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for some inmates to do the Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route from July 7-20. It's an adventure route (wide dirt roads and double tracks) that looks real interesting and there's a lot of info available for the ride. Any interest? I may be interested in your ride on those dates too (and I can only do those dates unfortunately.) Do you have route plan i can see?
  10. ttrider650

ttrider650 n00b

Oddometer:
    R'elise; here is a sample of the ride done by others.Great Divide Intro. we will be starting on the 15 th, it looks like so far.