Any good ADV riding on Hamilton Island...

Discussion in 'Australia' started by bend27, Jun 29, 2011.

1. bend27

bend27 by hook or by crook

Oddometer:
    Going to Hamilton Island with the famdamily on Monday for a week and a bit, could I slip of the Island and hire a motorbike somewhere in the area? Suggestions please:nod
  2. Hardhead

Hardhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Suggestion... don't waste your money going to Hamilton Island.... :huh
  3. bend27

Oddometer:
    Happy wife, happy life...next...
  4. rowie

rowie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The only hire bikes in the area are scooters from a mob at Airlie Beach. Not sure about bikes on the island, but I know they have golf carts for hire.

Bring your sea sick pills. A 35knt S/E blowing now and it will be rough as guts in the passage. :puke2 :D
  5. Colonial Mick

Colonial Mick FEMINISM KILLED CHIVALRY

Oddometer:
    Upper Cumbucter West. Armidale/Kempsey Rd.
    Just hire one and make your own way on a ADV ride ! Driveways,footpaths foyers ect!
    I hired a bike on Bora Bora in French Polynesia and rode around and around the Island and had a ball.Had to keep telling myself to keep on the opposite side of the road though and watch out for all the chooks & crabs on the road!:eek1
  6. bend27

Oddometer:
    I don't mind the old scoot, might have to do
  7. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    there will only be hire motorbikes available on the mainland ,scooter i know of but larger bikes i dont know
    the only means of transport on the islands for guest's are Golf carts :clap
    there wild fun , just click her into neutral and see how fast you can go down the hillz .... security frowns on this behavior but hey your on holidays :freaky

I spent 6 months on hammo working ,, great place
    watch out for these buggers tho

[​IMG]

but you get to see this

[​IMG]
  8. Stackator

Stackator F800GS goodness

Oddometer:
    Mate, go to every bar at happy hour, drink mega cocktails, drive a golf buggy to the shooting range and get a glock or whatever takes your fancy. Hamo has plenty to do.

Paddle a kyak at sunset, go to Hill Inlet, go snorkelling.......the list goes on
  9. Coopsdad

Coopsdad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Forget riding on Hamilton mate, nothing but golf buggies and it's not a big island, security all over the island and they got no problem at all with kicking you off for causing a ruckus, great place for a holiday but not that kinda holiday
  10. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    The best suggestion would be to go to Hamilton Island and do what people go to Hamilton Island for.

If you can get on a boat and get to Whitehaven Bay/Beach, then slide down Hill Inlet (as already suggested) where some of the best Mangrove Jack and Mudcrabs in the Whitsundays can be found.

There's a retired couple from Melbourne named Gordon and Bev who live on a little shanty boat down the inlet for 6 mths of the year and they swap the biggest meat filled mudcrabs for a bottle of red - boy did we do some business.:evil

There's also a great little offer of a boat ride over to Dent Island with lunch, a drink, and a buggy tour of the multi million dollar golf course with spectacular views....I think it was about $70 each and a great day out.

Keep your wallet away from the Yacht Club, Oh, and keep a camera handy in case you see things like these.......

Doohen's little runabout.....

[​IMG]

Tourists at play......

[​IMG]
  11. bend27

Oddometer:
    Happy to inform you that we are having a ball!:nod So far done Whitehaven, we have the Buggy for the week:clap, took the boys to the shooting range::shoot:defend:gun2:2guns:gun, gave my daughter a windsurfing lesson:eek1, hired a small boat today and did some snorkling, a few walks with Mrs27 in the evenings:feelgood:crash:rogue:viking:happay, walked to the lookout at Passage Peak and walked to Coral cove:eek1, Still have 4 days to go, lots to do, one of the best holidays we have had. Might give the scooter a miss, it is nice to spend time with the family for a change. I'll save my ADV time for the month of September at Cape York when they are at school and work:clap (motorbike content: I have read lots of RR!)