ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #541
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWValley View Post
Hey Guys and Girls, If it helps any, the date for the 2013 Whitehorse Gear Open House has not officially been announced. BUT, I would be willing to bet you my last can of Original Spirits Spray Polish & Cleaner that it will be Saturday May 18th, 2013. It's (almost) always been the Saturday before Victoria Day, a major Canadian 3-day holiday weekend. Also the same weekend as the iconic Downeast BMW Rally.
So what was the official unofficial turn out this year?
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:29 PM   #542
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,287
Thumb

For what it's worth, I'm not really too concerned about where we end up... if it's even half as good as this year, it's worth it ! It's on the caledar already .

In!
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS
NHBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #543
AndyCap
Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer: 1,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbill View Post
for what it's worth, i'm not really too concerned about where we end up... If it's even half as good as this year, it's worth it ! It's on the caledar already .

In!
+1
AndyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #544
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,327
Greetings from the Isle of Man....

'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:45 AM   #545
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Greetings from the Isle of Man....

and, oh, by the way... you suck!!!

I am so jealous ! Have a great time and post lots of pics, please!
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS
NHBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #546
theothersean
dirty boy

Oddometer: 896
A video from a maine trip last year but it is one of the excuses in the WHACO video credits

04 prairie 700 (plow duty)
theothersean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #547
AndyCap
Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer: 1,374
I just love that saying, "Ran out of talent" Classic
AndyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #548
Liza
Dirty Girl

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymartin View Post
Guys, I'll just circle back to the "other places" discussion we had earlier.

No for Greenfield state park. I spoke with the state and they won't give a group rate to bunch of middle age guys on DS bikes. Go figure The only way to reserve would be through Reserve America (major PITA), at 2 vehicles per site, and there would have to be a different occupant/reservation per each site.
Same applies to all NH state parks. If we were a youth group they would deal with us, but they don't accept the "young-at-heart" as a youth group.

There is still the place in Fitzwilliam near Laurel Lake. An open field, at $10 per person per night. have not seen it personally (yet), but that's what the owner told me over the phone.
Hey guys! I am an ADV lurker, but have I got a deal for you for next year! My husband and I are both dual-sport riders and are in the process of purchasing a piece of property on the Harrisville/Hancock, NH town line (on 137). It has been a public campground in the past, currently it's being used primarily as a weekend "event" location for off-roaders as there are 4x4 trails on the property. (Don't hate us because we're off-roaders...we're the responsible ones. ) As it happens, one of our goals is to branch out to include the ADV rider community for those weekends.

The property has a huge open field as well as traditional treed campsites, some with water and electric. Granted, at the moment, the bathhouse is "rustic", we do have indoor plumbing and showers.

Needless to say, we're motorcycle friendly...and encourage the "young-at-heart".

We're there most weekends if somebody is interested in checking it out. I can post some pictures if you like.

Liza screwed with this post 06-05-2012 at 09:10 AM
Liza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #549
Cromoth
I've been cloned

Oddometer: 491
camp

Welcome to the asylum & good luck! Have you heard of http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782956 ?
Search for a thread on bike friendly sites & add yourself, when ready. Maybe you want to host an event like http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=790766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
Hey guys! I am an ADV lurker, but have I got a deal for you for next year! My husband and I are both dual-sport riders and are in the process of purchasing a piece of property on the Harrisville/Hancock, NH town line (on 137). It has been a public campground in the past, currently it's being used primarily as a weekend "event" location for off-roaders as there are 4x4 trails on the property. (Don't hate us because we're off-roaders...we're the responsible ones. ) As it happens, one of our goals is to branch out to include the ADV rider community for those weekends.

The property has a huge open field as well as traditional treed campsites, some with water and electric. Granted, at the moment, the bathhouse is "rustic", we do have indoor plumbing and showers.

Needless to say, we're motorcycle friendly...and encourage the "young-at-heart".

We're there most weekends if somebody is interested in checking it out. I can post some pictures if you like.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #550
Liza
Dirty Girl

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromoth View Post
Welcome to the asylum & good luck! Have you heard of http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782956 ?
Search for a thread on bike friendly sites & add yourself, when ready. Maybe you want to host an event like http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=790766
I'm not that new here, I just don't say much...but thanks.

I have read both those threads. Plans are to host our own bigger events at some point, but we'll also be open on a regular basis to other groups and events starting next spring.