Cat Herders: Shenandoah Valley Inmates

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by HBN, Nov 3, 2008.

1. TriTi

TriTi Tiger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a chainsaw, it could use being run too, so next time you need some cut up count me in. I wouldn't mind picking up some of that coffee that I tried a couple of weeks ago... I'm that guy on the Triumph.
  2. TriTi

TriTi Tiger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If any of you folks up hear are interested, I'm involved in getting a triumph riders association going at the Triumph dealer in harrisonburg. We are having a meeting tomorrow at 7pm at the dealer. You don't have to ride a triumph... Its just yet another good excuse to meet more riders and have some fun and plan rides etc.
  3. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
  4. mtnflow

mtnflow LFC, more pie please

Oddometer:
    Nick and I are planning on heading to Kevins thursday morning to pick up where George left off. Kevin says he has a wood splitter if we can get it going. I'll post here to verify if we will be there thursday.
  5. fragile_this_side_up

fragile_this_side_up Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. eddie bolted

eddie bolted BOING!!!

Oddometer:
    I'd like to help but I'm working away!
  7. KShow

KShow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Count me in for the Thursday saw and maul session if you guys head this way. I'll bring my loud saws and heavy mauls:D
  8. ONandOFF

ONandOFF more off than on

Oddometer:
    Dean, Nick, Ken,
    I'd wait till next week. There's more than enough cut and stacked to last him through the end of next week. The pile and splitter all buried in snow and will be a much bigger job to get into than after the weekend when it should melt down mostly if not completely. Plus, the snow that melted on the first day when it was warm left water that froze the massive logs together, and since it won't be warmed up by Thursday, machinery will likely be required to pull them apart. Next week makes a lot more sense. Drop by on your way through and check it out. His DR could use a push down to the shed if manageable (battery's too low to start it).
  9. OldnoGPS

OldnoGPS Just a sightseer

Oddometer:
    I think I may have found my next dual-sport (maybe AB13 will work on it?)
    [​IMG]

And something to tow it with (I understand you can sleep in these things too).
    I had a Chevy version, complete with tufted headliner. Great hauling device.
    [​IMG]

Thought maybe we needed a little levity :D
  10. WayneJ

WayneJ What?

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  11. XC Rider

XC Rider Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Did the PO ride the Alcan 5000 with it? Quite a few people have done it with Harley baggers now. I've got to say that a big 'ole Harley with TKC 80s on it just looks knarly!
  12. AB13

AB13 Ridge Runner

Oddometer:
    The things people do to a perfectly good motorcycle is beyond me sometimes they even have the shocks upsidedown I guess they don't understand why the oil needs to be in the bottom. OldandhasaGPS I like you a lot but NO!!!! AB:-)
  13. OldnoGPS

OldnoGPS Just a sightseer

Oddometer:
    Both of the above units are on cl today if anybody really needs one of them.
    I keep seeing bikes with no rear fenders, makes me wonder what happens if you slide off the seat and get the family jewels riding those knobbies...
    On the good side, it would make a hell of a roosting machine - better than a big KTM :evil
  14. XC Rider

Oddometer:
    http://youtu.be/MXqjzQOkb94

Check out that link and you'll see...
  15. JaxObsessed

JaxObsessed Aggressively pedantic about objective truth=Woke.

Oddometer:
    Good to have something for your pillion to lean back on. :lol3
  16. mtnflow

mtnflow LFC, more pie please

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up. Thursday is the best day for everyone involved due to scheduling. So I will probably still swing by, if nothing else, just to get his bike in the shed.
  17. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    did you read RTWdoug's TAT RR? :wink:

[​IMG]
  18. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    A friend of my parents used to own an old hearse. This was back in the late 60's. They were all members of the North-South Skirmish association. He trailered a civil war era Cannon behind it to events!
    They would also pile into it and go to a restaurant in Winchester on Saturday nights to dance. My parents said the looks on some of the patrons faces when they all rolled out of the hearse in Civil war uniforms and hoop skirts was priceless! :lol3
  19. XC Rider

Oddometer:

:nod. RTWdoug RRs are always entertaining.
  20. ONandOFF

ONandOFF more off than on

Oddometer:
    Cool. I'll be happy to join you guys next week but in the meantime I've got my own cutting and splitting to tend to.

You and Nick have any coincident time off next week? I don't want to speak for Ken of course but I imagine he has a bit of flexibility and I have a bit of flexibility.