Vapor Recovery Nozzle Tool,aka GasCard

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Kai Ju, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Kai Ju

Kai Ju Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    This tool is designed to hold the spring loaded boot back for you while you're filling your tank and or gas can.
    The tool is the same size as your drivers license/gas card and being only 1/8" thick will fit in your wallet or a jacket pocket.
    It is made of ABS plastic to prevent damage to the paint finish on your fuel tank
    It's easy to use and makes filling up a cinch.
    Slide the tool over the nozzle, depress the boot past the ring that holds the nozzle in place on a car fuel filler, and slide it over to lock the boot in place.
    Yes I know that they are already out there, but I'd like to think that mine is better than the others and cheaper to boot, i.e. $5.00 shipped.
    That price is for the lower 48 since I'm simply slipping the tool into an envelope and slapping a stamp on it. Anyplace else will be $5.00 plus shipping, i.e. whatever it actually costs me to do the same thing to places outside the lower 48.

It was just pointed out to me that I wasn't savy enough to advertise the Five for $20.00 special on page one of this thread, doh...
    Anyway, that's exactly what it is.
    One for $5 or Five for $20.00

Please pm me for payment information.

And here is another way to buy the GasCard:
    Aerostich liked the GasCard and has started carrying it. So while you're shopping their online catalog, you can throw in one, or more, of the GasCards. Here is the link to the site: http://www.aerostich.com/gascard.html

and that led to a bit of press: http://www.cyclenews.com/9/24853/Racing-Article/Product-Showcase--Aerostich-GasCard.aspx

I'm stocked up on a new batch, so buy away. And thank you for your business.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a video clip showing how easy it is to use the tool.
    The first couple of seconds show how you have to hold the boot back to activate fuel flow, followed by the EFN Tool in use.

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/3Ph_CUbnHVQ?hl=en&fs=1 allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

And here are reviews by happy customers so you don't have to go through the whole thread to read them:

<TABLE id=post23142065 class=dg-post border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD id=td_post_23142065 class=dg-post-content>The New Year
    <!-- #dg-post-title --><!-- message -->Let's start the New Year with some good news: This great tool is still for sale, and at last year's price.
    What this means is that all of you that forgot to get their friends something for Christmas can now make up for it at the same old price of 1 for $5 or 5 for $20. What deal.

Or just treat yourself to one, or two...like this gent:

"I just ordered five more.

My last batch I gave four to friends...then I lost mine when I left my pocket open. So got some more coming and I am gonna keep some spares for ME because once you have this thing you don't wanna be without. "

Here are some more Testimonials
    <!-- #dg-post-title --><!-- message -->Thanks to all of you who liked the tool, and said so:

Just tried this today and it worked really well.
    I have a KTM 990 Adventure and filling up its dual tanks is always a hassle. Its easy to have gas spray back if you don't get the correct combination of nozzle angle/gas flow and vapor boot pull back.
    The tool was easy to slip on and gave plenty of visibility when fueling up, especially since I now can now do it one handed.
    I keep the tool in my glove box. Well worth 5 bucks.
    A metal version might be nice.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Mine showed up right away, mailed fast.
    Only tried 2 gas stations so far but it fits right. Made the Chevron a lot easier and nicer to be able to see into the tank when topping off.

And with my ST1100, I stick it under the fuel door so i don't have to dig it out of a pocket when I fill up. A little spot of velcro might hold it in place for other bikes...
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

Anti Vapor recovery tool
    Yepper, happy camper here. Works great. I also used it on my gas can.

Good Luck
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

I received my order. Thanks for the quick service.

This gizmo is so light, it would only need a small piece of velcro to stick it to something. Also, it would be easy to drill a hole for a lanyard of some type. I say leave it as is, inexpensive and simple, and let user make their own mods if needed.

If you decide to make a metal version, I'd suggest experimenting with the shape of the slot - there might be a way to make it double as a bottle opener.

Thanks Alex, I got mine today. It only took 13 days to get here due to Canadian customs and the great mail system.
    I'll let you know how I like it sometime in the spring.

Cheers

Okay, I finally got around to trying this thing, awesome. I like the hole design over the Aerostich version, it is less likely to fall off the nozzle. Held the vapor thing back perfectly. Heavy construction yet lightweight. At this time I can't think of any needed improvements.
    You should mass produce these babies with ads for cycle shops,mags, etc. Much better than keyrings. Let me know if you want someone walk these around the SF bay area.

I used mine today for the first time...works GREAT!
    I had put it in my wallet next to my credit card so I'd remember to use it.
    It also fits perfectly in the little pocket on the right forearm of my 'stich.
    Two thumps up!

I got my tool today. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Its the size of a credit card and about 4 cards thick. I haven't tried it out yet, but I am impressed by the design. I'm hoping I'll need some gas this weekend to try it out on. I learned last weekend how much of a pain it is to fill a tank on a GS with the nozzle's foreskin, so hopefully this will make it easier.

I have used mine a few times now, works great.

Works great with our "advanced" California nozzles. Thanks for coming up with these Kai Ju.

I used mine on my airhead which has always been a problem when trying to top-up. Wished I'd had one o these 30 years ago...

I reviewed this tool a month ago. Originally only tried it on an old pump and the nozzle didn't allow it to lock in place. Now that it has been over a month, I have used this tool a bunch. It works fantastic on all modern pumps. I use it everytime I fill up now.

I bought one of these for my fly & ride from Seattle to SE AZ, it worked perfectly.

At my last gas stop in California I filled up and then watched a herd of Harleys across the lot doing the same thing. They were having issues holding the pump sleeve back so I went over and popped this tool on their pump and told them to go at it. They were completely amazed and wanted to know where I got it. Karma being the rule I gave them mine so now I'll have to buy another if I end up going back through CA.

Great tool and highly recommended.

Great for your gas can fill ups!
    I use this product when I fuel up my Rotopax gas container, and it works great!

No more overfilling the gas can, I can see inside the neck of the can to judge when to stop the flow.

Thanks for a handy and useful product.

Ordered two more. Can never have too many Xmas stocking stuffers.

Just used mine again an hour ago, this thing just plain works.

I lost one and my life is incomplete without all three. PM sent to acquire another one of this life-affirming miracle product.

Well I finally got a chance to use the Vapour tool..........we took a trip to NorCal and it was needed there.
    I drilled a small hole in mine, attached one of those retractable key ring thingies to the tool and a pocket on the AeroStich..........and it worked great!!
    All the guys I travelled with wanted one.
    Do yourself a favour and get one or two.

Cheers

Just did a ride thru California on my K1600GT. Your tool worked fantastic.
    My suggestion, especially in California......Don't leave home with out it.

Thanks again

Just got mine today and tried it out. Worked great!! Thanks for making a great inexpensive product.

Looks like a great idea for the CARB nozzles we have to deal with in California. I'd like to get one or more and sent a PM.

Thanks

I bought ten of these little wonders as gifts for my riding buddies, think I should buy some more, great tool super price
    Thanks again

Got It!
    Thanks a lot....great product and cheap!

Been using this Nozzle Tool, and it helps alot!
    I like thats its plastic cause if you bump the tank during fill-ups, it won't scratch it.

Great tool, and great idea.

I got one of these gadgets and tried it for the first time yesterday. It's dead simple and works great. If you live where you have to deal with EFN nozzles do yourself a favor and have Kai Ju send one to you.

just used mine, like I do every time I get gas, awesome.

These are great tools, have given many out as gifts
    Alex see you at the swap meet this month for another purchase of ten. Also if you haven't tried his funnels out, they work super
    Happy holidays
    Jim

You just saved yourself from reading seventeen pages. If the above comments don't make you want one, or several, of these
    I don't know what else will.

Belly up to the bar and spend some money, would you ? .:d

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    <!-- / message -->

</TD><!-- #dg-post-content --></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>[​IMG]
    <!-- #dg-post-mod -->[​IMG] [​IMG]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  2. Walterxr650l

Walterxr650l Long timer

Oddometer:

Why do you feel that is better than this?

[​IMG]

Walter
  3. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    Because the tines of the fork can catch the boot while my tool slips over the nozzle itself and is then slid across beneath the ridge, capturing the boot. Once my tool is on the nozzle you can't drop it, while fumbling with the open tool and heavy gloves invites dropping it.
    I tried the open tool, which is why I looked for a better solution.
    Mine is also cheaper, the Aerostich sold tool is $8.00, plus shipping.
  4. Menasco Pirate

Menasco Pirate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll bite!

Where do I sign up?

Steve
  5. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    you have mail.

That's a nice line-up,btw.
    1990 CB-1
    1991 CBR400RR
    1993 CRM250R
    1993 NSR250RR
    1994 XRV750 Africa Twin
    1994 RVF750RR RC45
    1995 RVF400RR NC35
    1996 CBR250RR
  6. Menasco Pirate

Oddometer:
    Paypal sent

Thanks

Steve
  7. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    Thanks Steve, it'll go in the mail tomorrow.
    Once you've received it please let me know how it works for you.

Alex
  8. RVDan

RVDan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hate to sound pessimistic, but how does this thing help?

The vapour recovery boot fit fine around my tank filler neck and the pump switched on just fine

I was annoyed by the loss of fuel capacity, to get the tank full I had to compress the silly thing by hand so I could pull the nozzle out far enough to fill all the way and still have the pump run.

putting a piece of wood on there will only gain the height of the threaded portion, an inch maybe? not a substantial difference in fuel capacity.

Is there some factor I'm missing here? I only bought gas in California twice so maybe there is another reason.
  9. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    "I was annoyed by the loss of fuel capacity, to get the tank full I had to compress the silly thing by hand so I could pull the nozzle out far enough to fill all the way and still have the pump run."

That's what the tool is designed to do. It holds the boot back for you so that you can actually top the tank off.
    It just makes it easier.
    I've used mine for about two years now and when we go on group rides my buddies always ask me where I got it and if they could have one. That's why I decided to start making them for sale.
  10. Menasco Pirate

Oddometer:
    In the Peoples Republic of California we've got these POS vapor recovery foreskins that limit the volume you can get in the tank. They work on a automobile gas tank with a lengthy filler neck. But are a PITA on a bike. You can try to pull the foreskin back with one hand so you can see if you can fill the remaining volume without squirting yourself in the face while holding the nozzle with the other. These devices free up one hand so you can hold the nozzle and still look into the tank.

Some of us have bikes with marginal tank volumes like the Transalp, so I like to get the tank as full as possible. Many of my older bikes have a hump in the middle which prevent proper insertion of the nose into the tank. No fuel will flow unless you compress the foreskin.

I like his take on the idea and wish the creator good luck.

Steve
  11. RVDan

RVDan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Okay that makes perfect sense, the pictures above showed the pump nozzle all the way in, essentially having little effect.

If the tool will hold the boot compressed so you can pull the nozzle out to top off then its a great idea.

Acting just as a washer like in the picture, meh

I'm going to write a letter to the Governor now, explaining that their recovery nozzle reduces tank capacity for us and therefore requires us to fuel up more often, causing more chances of releasing dangerous fuel vapours into the atmosphere.

Perhaps a motorcycle adapter can be supplied at each gas station. It would have to be nothing more than an extenstion to the existing vapour recovery boot to reduce the effective nozzle length.

come to think of it, we had a vapour recovery system here for a short period of time, it was nothing more than an accordian hose attached to the existing pump, and it did in fact reduce the effective nozzle length.
  12. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    Sorry about the crappy pictures but I was by myself and trying to hold the nozzle with one hand and taking pics with the other.
    The second pic shows the tool holding the boot which allows you to lift the nozzle out of the tank for a full fill up.
  13. RVDan

RVDan Long timer

Oddometer:
    thanks it makes perfect sense now, I wasn't realizing that it would hold the boot compressed on its own
  14. the_gr8t_waldo

the_gr8t_waldo Long timer

Oddometer:
    when i saw that device in the areostich catalog, i thought "crap-ola". so this is deja vue all over again. yes these days,the foreskin nozzles are used in more than just calif. and i've personally have been able to outsmart 'em ( although from now on i'm going to feel a bit gay pulling it back).... maybe the next generation of foreskined nossels???- i'm going to pass- i'm fine on crap
  15. Kai Ju

Oddometer:

Bully for you , but outsmarting 'em is having a tool to hold it back for you....
  16. Menasco Pirate

Oddometer:
    Thanks

Off to try it

Steve
  17. Boingo

Boingo Comfortably road numb

Oddometer:
    I’ll take one....or two if there is some sort of discount for multiple orders.

Being in California, with these stupid nozzles the Aerostich one was a godsend. Do you NEED it, no, but it does make it a hell of a lot easier. I usually clamp the nozzle end between my legs when I put it on, making the foreskin description close to the point. This looks like it is made out of plastic, reducing the chance of scratching the tank. Also, eliminating the tines is a good idea in case you have a crash test. I’ll probably drill a hole and attach some sort of leash to reduce the chance of leaving it behind after filling up (easy to do after a long day). Great idea, hope you become rich beyond your wildest dreams.
  18. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    With my tool all you have to do is slide it down the nozzle, depress the boot past the knob (sticking with the foreskin theme here)and slide it over. I've been using mine for about five years now and have never had a problem.
    It's made of ABS and I chose white to make it obvious against the black of the nozzle.
    Mine is already cheaper than anybody else's so I can't really justify a discount at this point. At this time every one is handmade by me and I'd be loosing money if I sold the tool any cheaper, sorry.
    So let me know if you want one or two. I'll drill the holes for free. Let me know where and how big.
  19. Boingo

Boingo Comfortably road numb

Oddometer:
    No problem, doesn't hurt to try :evil Still an awesome deal.

I'll take one. I am not really sure how I want to do the leash thing yet, so I'll pass on the hole, but thanks for the offer. PM where you want the paypal to be sent.
  20. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Moved to Vendors.. no selling in Equipment.