2015 BMW R1200GS / GSA - Ordered, incoming & received merged threadfest

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by north50, Aug 26, 2014.

1. asnowmobiler

asnowmobiler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone else waiting for the MSC Judith?
  2. n1tr0

n1tr0 Dual Sport rider

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a link to, or a pdf of, the dealer build option sheet (preferably with prices and codes).

I found it really helpful when I was ordering my 2014, now my brother is looking to do the same.
  3. TrickyRic

TrickyRic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My GSA came over on the Judith in November.
  4. slowkid

slowkid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My GSA is arriving in NY on the ITEA in three days. How do I track it from NY to CA? Also, does anyone have a ballpark number on how long to takes from NY to CA? AT first the tracking was neat to check in on from time to time but I think I may have become obsessed.:lol3
  5. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    FYI, all motorcycles now go to Philadelphia, not NY or NJ.

Your dealer can track it for you through the system, once it leaves Philly.
  6. slowkid

slowkid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    BMW said it docks in NY and the tracking web site for the shipping company says they will be docking in NY. Can't imagine their both wrong. Maybe they stop at multiple ports and NY is the first?
  7. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Stops at NY, then moves an unloads at Philly. I just went through this, and verified it with my coworker in Customs.
  8. slowkid

slowkid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    About how long to unload and get through customs? Sounds like your in the position to speed things along. With the customs part anyway.
  9. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Unloading is done by the union loaders, but usually the ship is unloaded in less than a day. Customs generally clears the same day unless there is an issue.

Getting it off the port and to the warehouse can take a few days depending on the schedule of the forwarding company.
  10. slowkid

slowkid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info Jim. Sounds like your enjoying your new bike.
  11. Shma15

Shma15 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My new GS is on the MSC Panama and is also supposed to arrive in NY according to my dealer. It is scheduled to arrive Jan 4th but according to vesselfinder.com the boat is docked in Antwerpen . Don't think its going to make it by the 4th to the US. I also have a container # that BMW USA gave me but have not had any luck trying to track it that way either.
    Oh Well, I think I'll take a break from searching for it a few days and see what happens
  12. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    The online tracking thing for the boats is not very accurate. Mine, according to the online tracker, never left Germany! :dunno
  13. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Thanks, only 300 miles, but looking forward to the next few months. I love winter riding!:clap
  14. Shma15

Shma15 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, That's good to know. Looks like your enjoying your new bike. I have certainly been following all your updates. Wish I had half your knowledge and ability with the electronics. I do perform my own basic service and will be ordering one of your video's soon.

Mark
  15. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mark! Stay tuned, I plan to offer several installs as Youtube free videos that may help you on your bike!:deal
  16. pistole

pistole Long timer

Oddometer:
    you chaps are tracking boats now I see.

:D
  17. asnowmobiler

asnowmobiler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tracking to boat worked well for me, even though the itinerary was not correct. According to the itinerary, it was due in NY on the 15th, then it was going to Boston, Philly ECT. I thought it was strange for it to go to NY first then Boston, then back down south, they must have thought the same thing, because it went to Boston first, it was unloaded in NY on the 18th and was at my dealer on the 23rd, not bad considering there was even a weekend mixed in. My dealer is only about 40 miles from the depot.
    Tracking the container was a complete waste, it still show as "loaded" in Germany.
    My dealer has been closed since the 24th and will not reopen till this Friday, I hope they can get it setup for Saturday delivery.
  18. nl12

nl12 n00b

Oddometer:
    A few weeks ago I started watching YouTube videos of some GS motorcycle adventures. The adventures looked like so much fun I ended up ordering a 2015 GSA! Olive Matte, premium package, keyless, and gearshift assistant pro. Adventure planning has already started, hopefully going to the southwest in the early spring, northwest late summer, AK next summer.
  19. RichieBoone

RichieBoone TheBooneMan

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the order!
    Great choice!
    I love mine:

[​IMG]
  20. nl12

nl12 n00b

Oddometer:
    Very nice! Thanks