Mexican 1000 2013 BIKE TRANSPORT THREAD

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Maineroot, Oct 11, 2012.

1. johnson357

johnson357 Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer:
    :lurk :ear

I've been trying to figure out a way to get to Baja more from IN. All my friends from here seem to be a little flaky when it comes to commitment. We made it in 06 and 08 but nothing since :cry
  2. MexiHonkey

MexiHonkey n00b

Oddometer:
    Baja Bound Moto would be the only one I would trust. He's the only motorcycle guide/race prep/race & chase services that has been at every NORRA race. Learn from experience, don't let others learn from your mistakes.... it will save you $$$ in Baja.
  3. johnson357

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah I left that part out because that who we used both times.....I think we met you in 08.......just can't afford to go solo.
  4. Maineroot

Maineroot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds like we have some interest mounted. Baja Bound has the complete package laid out to me. We are working on getting the wants/needs sorted out.

I just need to start getting a list together of who wants to do this and what warehouse they are going to use.

Once I get that together I can build the loads going to Calexico.

Costs are going to vary according to how many bikes we can get on the trucks. Then those costs will be split between everyone whose bike is on that truck. I'll handle all the rest.

So- I can help with getting bikes and gear to the race start, and help connect the racers with a support network via Baja Bound.

PM ME TO GET ON THE LIST!
  5. SurlyPete

SurlyPete n00b

Oddometer:
    If any of you guys are on the fence, I hope to push you on over to the fun side of it. I can vouch for Matt, he is on the ball and can get the shipping and containers all dialed in. I am in as well, shipping out of Texas. The more, the merrier. And with greater headcount, it works out for each of us a cheaper deal on transport. If you have been wanting to race a rally, the logistics are being all sorted out right here for you. Come and join us.
  6. bajaboundmoto

bajaboundmoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So now that NORRA has (yet again) changed how they are doing the BofLA hotels and select hotels aren't even on the "available" list (yes, I know C.delSol is NORRA Hdq) I think it's time to get the wheels turning (faster) on this possible Moto Malles support dealio.

MainRoot and I have a decent plan figured out that IMO is completely affordable at about $800-$900 per team if we get 7-ish or 12-ish bikes lined up. I can't see how it can be done more simply or for less $.

Basically:
    Ship bikes to San Diego or my place. Fly to San Diego. Get picked up and transported to Mexicali with your bike. Hotels all arranged by me (you don't need to figure that out, I already know it, and it will be affordable places). Your gear & supplies to each hotel by us. Work on your own bikes out of our trailer. You fly out of Cbao to home. All your crap transported back to San Diego and shipped back to you.

A few interested parties have emailed or PM'd me who don't post much, plus Johnno(?), MexiHonkey, maybe ol' BC61, and that Monkey guy. Also whoever MaineRoot has been talking with.
    And....?

So let's get the ball rolling. Who might be interested?
  7. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    sounds good !!
  8. johnson357

Oddometer:
    Let me say ditto here! We used Baja Bound in 06 for the 500 and in 08 for the 1000 (actually a buddy raced I just pre-ran all week and fought off the man crush I had on MexiHonkey...he's dare I say Adorable! :huh Oh yeah and a bad ass for Soloing the 1000 at a wicked pace then standing around like he just did a 20 minute moto.) Tim knows his stuff and has more knowledge of down there than he knows what to do with. All his people are super and the whole bunch is great fun to hang out with.:clap
  9. Locker43

Locker43 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    But Tim has an issue with Toyota Prius's for some reason?
  10. johnson357

Oddometer:
    Nobody likes a bed wetter! :lol3

Sorry fought the urge for a day and couldn't help it.....I give our local Parts Unlimited Rep shit for his all the time.
  11. Racer20

Racer20 East West Racing

Oddometer:
    So has everyone worked out their transportation?
  12. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    I'm loading the 690 in the back of my van and driving to MX.
    The Maine root plan is great, just won't work for me or my schedule.
    No brainer for you though I figured.
  13. Maineroot

Oddometer:
    You are an ANIMAL! Let's hope you pack some extra JB weld for the crank case this year.

Had the bike out in the neighborhood today doing a little hooligan riding to keep the carb in shape. My old lady neighbor was all fired up (in a good way) to hear that I was doing hot laps around the block. She want's me to "go get 'em" !!!

14. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    HA, JB weld.... you mean a machine shop:lol3 That side cover exploded, never seen anything like that before. I'm heading to the Dyno on Monday to get my EFI tuned and with luck doing hot laps on the ice the following weekend!

The prep is the most fun I think!
  15. Maineroot

Oddometer:
    I think we have 2 or 3 spots left in the truck.

Looks like we are about 10 strong.

Look what awaits you at the finish......

Attached Files:

16. BC61

BC61 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Has this option gotten any movement? I've been trying to get a hold of Tim, I'm sure he's riding in Mexico.
  17. johnson357

Oddometer:
    I think he has about 8 or 9 in right now. 4 or so shipping bikes and I'm driving to his place and some others getting bikes there that are already there or something. I know he has def. been working on a plan. I think he posted something on Face-tube that made me think you're right and he's on a ride down there.
  18. BAZZER450

BAZZER450 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do they come with every entry ??:eek1

19. azcagiva

azcagiva new orange flavor

Oddometer:
    To a real man, it does not matter if they do:lol3.

-John
  20. BAZZER450

BAZZER450 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    absolutely !!