Aussie KLE owners

Discussion in 'Australia' started by MadGalah, Jul 22, 2008.

1. MadGalah

MadGalah To infinity and beyond oh and ride hard

Oddometer:
    G'day, just wondering how many Aussies on the forum ride a KLE?

I have an 06 KLE, it has an Eaglescreen after market screen, Staintune exhaust and at the moment a 50ltr Gearsak on the back.

Looking to set it up for weekends away and maybe a few longer trips in the future.
  2. wedge69

wedge69 THE ANSWER IS 42.

Oddometer:
    Hey , i,ve got an 06 model .Its got an home made screen out of perspex cost me about $15 to make , a STAINTUNE recently fitted, grips to the black & brown stuff by MICHLIEN SIRAC'S, waiting for some aftermarket IMS foot pegs, and a top box. :thumbup
  3. Keater

Keater Live to play!!!

Oddometer:
    G'day MadGalah I've just aquired a new but 07 model a few weeks ago just done over 800ks lookin forward to gettin out a bit more once i can spend some money on it! how loud is the staintune exhaust? as the standard is majorly resticted and very quiet. I wont mess with it while under warranty but after...:evil What tyres have you found work well on it off/onroad? Do you find the eaglescreen help as the standard is pretty much a waste of time? Doesnt help I'm 6'3" Cheers Mick
  4. Tagati

Tagati tEAM iDIOT

Oddometer:
    Townsville, Capital of Free Australia (NQ)
    MadGalah's Staintune sounds great! Its loud enough that you can hear it but not crazy loud (Like my KLR is without the restrictor). And it has to be a whole lot lighter than the stock one too
  5. Dirt Diver

Dirt Diver Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Doc_au has one but he's away at the moment O/S.
  6. MadGalah

Oddometer:
    Keater, I'm only about 5'10 and find the Eagle a pearla mate. Keeps the wind from hitting me in the chest and head. I've found that if redirects the airflow just about level with the top of my head.
    Yeah the Staintune is great, take the baffle out and it sounds a lot tougher, but like Tagati said, she sounds pretty darn goon even with it in.
    klrhino likes this.
  7. althasaur

althasaur who sells kle 500 parts?

Oddometer:
    Lol..

I just posted in the other thread...
    GIVI top box,
    BAGSTER tank bag.

[​IMG]

:D
    Hey Wedge, What thickness perspex did you get yours made out of, and how did you bend it?
    And what is the product id for the IMS footpegs?
  8. poppykle

poppykle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've had mine for nine months (11k). I love it, great for commuting (70km per day) and fun on the week ends.

So far I've only added an eagle screen, great improvement. It stops most of the rain and also makes it more comfortable at cruising speeds, you don't feel like a sail at 110.

I'm looking at a new pipe soon but I'm trying too find a full system. Staintune only make a slip on muffler replacement. I'll also be modifying the airbox but I'm not sure it's worth doing without the pipe.

Only annoyance was a rattle in the fairing/headlight but I fixed that on the weekend by repositioning a sponge spacer.

Only expenses so far have been rear tyre (6k) and brakes 7k and 11k.
  9. MadGalah

Oddometer:
    poppykle, i found that front end squeaking on the weekend. I thought that maybe I had loosened something after the first fall.
  10. poppykle

poppykle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MadGalah, mine was a rattle but I found that by either pressing the light unit up from under the headlight or pressing the point of the black centre section of the fairing down towards the light I could stop it. If yours is in the same location try taking the fairing off and remove the headlight unit. You will see a rectangular foam block. I carefully scraped it off and repositioned it using automotive double sided tape (the type they use to stick on the badges on cars). It seems to have worked, no problems since the week end.
  11. KLEaner

KLEaner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Madgalah,

I have one also - saw the photos of yours in the ride report - looks awesome with the 606's on...

Mine is an '06 build and I have added E07's, heated grips, barkbusters, RAM GPS Mount, pannier racks to suit Expedition Pannierz, Givi topbox, and HID light conversion - more mods to come when $ allow...

Done a couple of longer dirt rides and found the bike very capable all round.

Cheers
    Ian
  12. El Toad Man

El Toad Man Tropical adventurer

Oddometer:
    This thread needs more pics, so here's one of my previous rides, a 1992 model:

[​IMG]

I think they're mostly unchanged since, mainly cosmetic. It was a good bike, never gave any dramas.
    Love that engine :thumb
  13. althasaur

althasaur who sells kle 500 parts?

Oddometer:
    More pics... :)
    [​IMG]

Dent in bash plate...

more to come....
  14. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    for the bargain price they are even new i reckon its a great starting point to build a great bike, longer rear shock, longer USD front end, 8L nomad tank on the back. mmmm The possibilities
  15. KLEaner

KLEaner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a familiar AT greg... :rofl

Cheers
    Ian
  16. scottyoffroad

scottyoffroad Trials and Trails

Oddometer:
    I agree with atgreg. Have been looking for a wrecked one to start a project with for about a month now but havn't been able to find one. Dont want to start with a new one as will end up costing to much. If anyone knows of a crashed one (preferably in victoria but would consider if elswhere) please pm me or email scott.terri@yahoo.com.au

Scotty
  17. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    http://www.rallytwin.com/
  18. scottyoffroad

scottyoffroad Trials and Trails

Oddometer:
    Hi atgreg, yes, have already checked that website out. was really pumped until i saw the price........omg that is f*#king expensive..... My project will have to settle for using the original frame with a modified subframe. Not perfect but beggars cant be choosers. If I ever find one that is..........
  19. Kruemel

Kruemel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cheers, got mine in 11/07.

First service at 1500km $220 at the dealership, second service with new rear tire at 7k at a very motivated shop in Artarmon for $420.

Only mod so far is a Givi top box, Scott oiler (great!) and a mount including power supply for a Garmin GPS.

Pictures and ride report here:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352333

Planned mods:
    -Hepco& Becker rear carrier and Gobi 37 Panniers
    -H&B tank and engine guards, maybe too late anyway, already droped her plenty of times :D
    - Center stand ?, droped her once while parked to open a cattle gate
    - larger tank would be nice, suggestions?
    - airbox tuning http://www.dernacken.de/kle-tuning2.html, opinion anybody?

Resources
    - happened to run across a detailed service manual
    - lot of stuff around Kwaka: http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/kawasaki/
    - specific collection of KLE accessories: http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/kawasaki/kawasaki-kle-05-with-accessories-28986
    - tons of acccessories and potential mods : http://michel.erard.free.fr/500_KLE_e.html

Ah, yeah, almost forgot: Just love the bike :clap .

Have fun.
  20. AussieMasada

AussieMasada Worlds Slowest Ural

Oddometer:
    Hi all from sunny Honiara, my KLE is sitting under a cover up on its hoist in my shed and looks like it will be there for at least the next 12 months. I’m planning on getting a new bike on my return to Australia and would love to turn the KLE into a project bike. Subject to ministerial approval of course. Have to see what happens. Glad to see others out there riding this great bike. :clap
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Stay safe
    Doc_au