KTM turn signal cancel, running lights, brake flash - Kisan special deal for us!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by mphoppe, Apr 6, 2011.

1. mphoppe

mphoppe Hops

Oddometer:
    ■ Automatic turn signal cancellation
    ■ Running light option built-in
    ■ Brake flash and override option built-in

I have been doing some testing working with Andy over at Kisan Electronics to set up there "signal Minder" product for my KTM 690R https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=4

I've been using the signal minder products for years (mostly BMW's and a KLR) to primarily have the ability to use my turn signals as running lights. When I went to buy one for my 690, there was no KTM's listed in the application chart...so we started a project to change that...

If you have a KTM adventure bike with turn signals (like the 690) and the turn signal relay (located behind the headlight next to the left fork on my 690) looks like this:

[​IMG]

...then the Kisan Signal minder SM-3S is a plug & play!!!!

Since this is the FIRST KTM application, Andy has set up a special deal for KTM riders;

Discount Code AN40511 can be used to type-in the 'Comment' section during checkout and the discount will be rebated the following day. Or, call their sales guys 888-464-5472 and they will take care of it.

4/8/11 update per Kisan:
    AN40511 code is setup as 15% off for the whole order. So, if someone purchases SM-3S and LPC-16: the rebate will be $34.48.

I just got permission from Andy to post this info, so I'm not sure if they will have the install pics I sent them available just yet, so you can look at them on my website here: https://mikephotos.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/KTM-Kisan-Signal-Minder/16508610_HoNPc#1242602582_RFJeb

One last thing, the stock bulbs on my 690 are incandescent BAU15s. They are a bit uncommon but share the exact base as a standard 1156. To make an 1156 work you just have to file off one pin on the base. I changed out my bulbs to AMBER LED 1156's (clear lens) on my 690 to get the life and durability of LED's especially when used as running lights...and minimal power draw. You can get them here http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2F115x-x12x19.htm or go the e-bay route direct from Hong Kong for half the price ($16 for 4 delivered) and 3 weeks wait.

The Kisan Signal Minder is a smart circuit, so it detects resistance and adapts...NO PROBLEM running LED's!!!!

Bottom line, running light's make a HUGE difference in your nighttime profile, especially from the back...and the BRAKE flash mode is an eye catcher day or night! I'm also installing the Licensce plate LED/turn signal frame that Kisan makes on my 690...more is better!! https://www.kisantech.com/view_product.php?product=LPC-16

I've had signal minders on a dozen or more bikes ever since they have been making them (I was making my own hardwire circuits in the 90's) and they are GREAT products... ZERO issues in well over 350,000 miles!!!
  2. Bartron

Bartron 'Tenacious B' the Bike Punisher

Oddometer:
    A few of us are interested but what is the discount? The unit retails for $110. I'm not to keen on buying it to see what I've saved. So far, with the gear in the shopping cart it wants my credit card without the option to see what this discount coupon will do for us.

Great idea and product, looking forward to more info.
  3. mphoppe

mphoppe Hops

Oddometer:
    I just got this info from Andy this afternoon...the discount is "manual" for the time being so give them a call in the am for pricing. I believe the discount is going to apply to any of their products when you purchase the Signal Minder, but I'm not sure...
  4. Bartron

Bartron 'Tenacious B' the Bike Punisher

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the quick reply. Wonder if he'd like to source some bulbs to make this a one-stop transaction?
  5. Grizzler

Grizzler Gas Passer For Hire

Oddometer:
    Yeah - I'm interested too. Will keep in touch here to find out...
  6. mphoppe

mphoppe Hops

Oddometer:
    Best bet is give 'em a quick call today...

From above and per Andy's e-mail to me...
    Discount Code AN40511 can be used to type-in the 'Comment' section during checkout and the discount will be rebated the following day. Or, call their sales guys 888-464-5472 and they will take care of it.

I'm doing some "test riding" today so if you get some helpful info, please post...
    Thanks,
    Mike
  7. mphoppe

mphoppe Hops

Oddometer:
    Per Kisan:
    AN40511 code is setup as 15% off for the whole order. So, if someone purchases SM-3S and LPC-16: the rebate will be $34.48.

Sweet!!
  8. Grizzler

Grizzler Gas Passer For Hire

Oddometer:
    The plate frame would be OK in black or aluminum. Not digging the chrome look on my Enduro.

On t'other hand, I see a signal minder in my future.

9. rickypanecatyl

rickypanecatyl SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer:
    So would this give you the option of having "flashers" on while riding or even just having your blinkers on solid while riding on the road on dark foggy nights?

How are they controlled?
  10. Duckhams

Duckhams Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Interested but Do you have any video samples for KTM adv?
    Would Greatly helps. :ear
    What are the unit to buy, Rather confusing if its a seperate unit.
    Any combo unit so it wont mess up my circuit.
    Please Advise.
  11. resqdoc

resqdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I realize this is an old thread but....I have purchased this to set it up on my 2013 690r. Everything seems to match up to you pics. All wires were tested prior to and after tapping them for the Running Light Mod.

Epic fail, doesn't work at all.

The turn signal cancellation did work on the fronts only. No other functions are working.