New Tools for the road...

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by FixItSticks, Dec 12, 2013.

1. FixItSticks

FixItSticks FixItSticks

Oddometer:
    Howdy...
    I had a customer purchase a set of my bicycle tools for his BMW set up and told me I should introduce Fix It Sticks to y'all.

I created Fix It Sticks, a made in the usa multi tool out of my frustration with crappy travel tools.
    We are offer Steel (strong) and Aluminum (light) versions of our tools all of which are fully customizable.
    Torx, Socket heads, Metric Hex, Phillips, ect ect ect...

check out out at www.fixitsticks.com
    Enter "ADVRIDER" at check out for a 10% discount anytime.

Thanks and be on the look out soon for a replaceable bit version to service home, motorcycles, bikes, boats, atv, ect ect ect
  2. 2kool2be4gotten

2kool2be4gotten Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi All, ran across fix it stickes, ordered a set and suggested they post up here in vendors. The guys building these are very responsive and quick with replys and suggestions when specking bits / configurations. Here is a little eye candy…

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

(no afiliation or financial conections here - just thinking this is a good fit with our community)
  3. sdd04

sdd04 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Ozarks....SW MO, NW AR-great place to play!
    Very neat! Glad he told you to post here. Going to try and order some tomorrow.
  4. rufus

rufus We're burning daylight...

Oddometer:

Looks really really neat............ but I got a couple of questions.

By your above comment I assume that the bits are fixed. If so, I WON"T buy them.

Are the sticks all the same? ...besides being steel or aluminum.

IF I can buy 2 sticks and then pick the bits I want I WILL buy. I WON"T buy a kit that someone else thinks I need. My needs change.

Lots of us may want 2 sticks and a complete set of bits with the ability to replace worn or broken bits. Give us a price on this.

There are lots of tool junkies out here that will buy IF we can buy what we want.
  5. FixItSticks

FixItSticks FixItSticks

Oddometer:
    Good feedback, thank you!

Glad you like them and see the potential as a good tool that is Portable AND Functional. I get your question a lot and am working on the solution you need.

1. Current model-the bits are fixed so you should NOT buy them now if you prefer flexibility. The cycling world is split, some people like them fixed because they never get lost and some like them to flexible. Fixed was/easier to manufacture given my scale and resources so I started there.

2. Soon a replaceable bit version is coming...send me an email to info@fixitsticks.com and I will email you when that tool is available, that design will allow you to put in any "bit" from a hardware store (like 1/4 drive, 3/8 drive socket heads or any other bit)

3. The current design is customizable as it is, but you need to know what 4 bits you want (or buy more sticks). They are not all the same. The next design is more what you are after and will offer a lot of flexibility.

4. Please keep a few things in mind...I work out of my garage. I don't have unlimited product development funds. This tool was not originally intended to service other sports besides cycling, which is my passion, but obviously people have seen the potential in other sports, so I am doing my best to learn what people want and provide it. Working with magnets is harder than you might think :), the tools are made in my hometown, Appleton, WI and assembled in my garage by me. Bits are all high quality steel (they do come from overseas).

5. Price is $29.99 for the current version of our 11 "STANDARD SETS" and $35 for a custom selection in Al or Steel versions.
    Price on the replaceable bit is not determined yet as they are still being tweaked in design.

Example, one of the gents who purchased got a custom Steel set with a 1/4 drive socket, 5mm, 6mm and 8mm hexes. (of note: the 8mm and 1/4 drive do not fit through the corresponding center hole, but as long as they are on opposite sticks the system still works just fine)

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it and look forward to it, just thought a little background on who I am would help explain why things are the way they are at the moment.
  6. rufus

Oddometer:

Thanks for the reply. I understand your situation. I Like dealing with small vendors like you, Someone who is trying to make a good product. Not just cranking out a bunch of junk to make money.
  7. rufus

Oddometer:
    email sent.
  8. DeepSea

DeepSea electronically challenged

Oddometer:
    Rufus has some good points. I like the idea of being able to swap out the bits.

I still ordered a set to try out. I too like to support the small business man.

Please post up when/if you get to the removable bits. :deal

Steve
  9. FixItSticks

FixItSticks FixItSticks

Oddometer:
    thanks for understanding gents, I look forward to the feedback on the order leaving tomorrow. I will certainly be in touch when I get the replaceable version out. Hoping to pick up 2nd prototypes this week or next to test out. Things seem to be falling into place, so we'll see!
  10. 2kool2be4gotten

2kool2be4gotten Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ordered a custom set of 'Sticks' in steel and i have to say they are very cool.

Went with a 5mm, 6mm, 8mm & 1/4" drive custom combo. With the 8mm & 1/4" drive ends you can only insert one side of the sticks to make a 'T' handle, the 'other side' works more like an 'L'. (Brian, the inventor, told me this before he sent them, so i'm cool with it). The inter tube carry case is a nice touch, i have to figure out how it was stitched, heck, this could be a full product line on it's own :)
  11. Railbender

Railbender Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    How about just putting a 1/4" Magnetic Nut Driver in one position, then you can use any 1/4" hex bit you want.
    A 1/4" square bit in another position would allow use of 1/4" drive sockets.

:freaky
  12. Smoke Eater 3

Smoke Eater 3 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a Torx set. I'll buy another when the bits are changeable too. I like the idea of one magnetic nut driver.

This is a really cool product.