breath gaurds

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Renegade_Azzy, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Renegade_Azzy

Renegade_Azzy Kamen Rider

Oddometer:
    My shoei quest supposedly came with a breath guard. How that tiny piece of plastic was supposed to do anything but exist, I have no idea. So, I picked up a respro "Foggy" guard a bit back, and it worked OK for a few seasons.

When my strom got stolen, the foggy was in my bags. So Im in need for one in what is left of this season, and what may come of the next. is the Foggy the best choice, or is there something better now?

http://www.aerostich.com/review/product/list/id/506/
  2. squish

squish Waiting to see

Oddometer:
    someone stole your Vstrom?!

I thought those bikes were just about as theft proof as they come.

As far as fogging stuff,
    I've had zero luck with anything I've tried.
  3. Renegade_Azzy

Renegade_Azzy Kamen Rider

Oddometer:
    har har... Yeah, stolen from my driveway, and replaced with my R1100

Shame is I had a perfect one.. but it only worked with older HJC helmets. Had a light soft foam lip, which worked ass a nice seal on the face. the Respro has been the only once I found that is universal.
  4. pHudson

pHudson still riding

Oddometer:
    Lots of threads on this general topic, but none on my specific question. What is it like trying to use a Respro when there is a communication device installed in the helmet? I've got a Sena 20 with the microphone velcroed to the front of the helmet, in presumably the exact spot where the Respro goes.
  5. allowishish

allowishish Boof Master

Oddometer:
    they all just make my glasses fog.
    the shoei one is also great for irritating my nose.
  6. Dyn Blin

Dyn Blin Irn Bru Lover

Oddometer:
    Somewhere out there, there is Buff that will work for you. My personal go-to is a hi-vis Pro Polar
    Jim K. likes this.
  7. USAIR

USAIR picking and riding

Oddometer:
  8. kenstone

kenstone worn out

Oddometer:
    My newest helmet came with a breath guard, and it was mistaken to be the bike's (down) kickstand :baldy
    I'd give to you, but once I picked myself up off the ground, I ripped it off and thru it away.
    :lol3
  9. Drycht86

Drycht86 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My helmet breath guard is a joke and stabs the tip of my nose. The pinlock fogs after a short while in stop and go. I just tuck in my bottom lip and breath down haha.

I tried a buff and neck warmers (I actually created a thread not too long ago asking about this) and nothing works. The best those buffs or neck warmer/wind deflector do is delay fogging a short while and every time I breath out the air gets shoved up by the gap created at the base of my nose and the air blows up irritating my eyes.