2013 Sandblast Rally - March 2 - SC

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Anders Green, Sep 26, 2012.

1. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    I think Gilkey is coming, so your plan is working:lol3
  2. johnson357

johnson357 Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer:
    Ok, what's the entry fee etc.....now.....I thought last year it was going to be around $500 or so. Not saying it's good or bad just can't afford that and still make the Mex1K
  3. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    It all starts with a box of latex gloves:lol3
  4. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    Thanks man! Sign up as a Volunteer with the Sandblast rally site but connect with me in February to see if my evil plan is going to happen. We're testing this weekend!
  5. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    Anders,

In the interest of getting more racers it might be helpful to update the rallymoto.com site. The latest press release on that site is still about Sandblast 2009. I would be happy to volunteer to help keep it updated if you are looking for volunteers there. I am no web developer but would be happy to help update with relevant info like 2012 RallyMoto points.

Or, perhaps even better would be to include bikes on the very cool updated nasarallysport.com site (which looks awesome by the way!). My concern is riders outside of ADV probably wonder if RallyMoto still exists if they were to look there for info.
  6. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:
    Anders: Good Idea, the main reason for not entering I hear from guys I try to get into RallyMoto is the entry fee. I'll reach out to past Pine Barrens Rally Team members and the local adv guys.

Jack
  7. scholz

scholz bush league

Oddometer:
    In!
  8. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do we need to create an account and print out a membership and a competition license application and send them in before registering online?
  9. AnyDay

AnyDay Wants more time off

Oddometer:
    2012 Adventure Class speeds were 27-37mph. That seems possible (maybe) for me (I'll work on it). Can I sign up in Adventure Class and then decide which bike?
  10. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:

you will quickly find that going slow on sand is a lot harder than going fast on it. The faster you go the better you float across the top...its sort of like water skiing. When you slow down you sink in and things get interesting.
  11. Boatman

Boatman Membership has it's privileges ;-) Supporter

Oddometer:

<TABLE border=1><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD>Rally Cars</TD><TD>RallySolo Cars</TD><TD>Motorcycles</TD><!-- <td>Adventure Bike Rally</td>--></TR><TR><TD>Reserved Entry Fee</TD><TD align=middle>$475</TD><TD align=middle>$400</TD><TD align=middle>$240</TD><!-- <td align="center">$80</td>--></TR><TR><TD>Early Entry Fee</TD><TD align=middle>$515</TD><TD align=middle>$450</TD><TD align=middle>$260</TD><!-- <td align="center">$80</td>--></TR><TR><TD>Regular Entry Fee</TD><TD align=middle>$595</TD><TD align=middle>$495</TD><TD align=middle>$300</TD><!-- <td align="center">$80</td>--></TR><TR><TD>Late Entry Fee</TD><TD align=middle>$695</TD><TD align=middle>$595</TD><TD align=middle>$350</TD><!-- <td align="center">$80</td>--></TR><TR><TD>Missing the Paperwork Completion Deadline</TD><TD align=middle>$20</TD><TD align=middle>$20</TD><TD align=middle>$20</TD><!-- <td align="center">$0</td>--></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://sandblastrally.linaracing.com/2013/index.php

Plus you need a NASA membership and Racing license. About $100 combined.
  12. Some Dude

Some Dude what attitude problem???

Oddometer:
    Just signed up for Sandlapper Enduro on that Sunday,..........now to pay for the Sandblast entry :deal
  13. rudyunknown

rudyunknown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This seems interesting.....hmm i really dont want to race, but ride the route...seems like the adv big bike group is just that...now can a 690 be in a slow group :)

still have to see what my schedule says
  14. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like its working, Anders.:thumb!!!!
  15. AnyDay

AnyDay Wants more time off

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the shimmy-shake dance. Look ahead and keep going is what I try for...
  16. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    sorry for repeating this question, but what is the order of sign up? Can I pay the membership fee online and pay the entry fee online? Or do I have to first mail in the license application then do the rest?
  17. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:

You should be able to do everything online, and order isnt crucial. You can probably go ahead and fill out a sign up for the SAndblast rally, even without all your documentation in place. Noneo f it will be valid until the entry fee is posted anyway.

EIther/or, also get the NASA membership and racing license in the works, and fill out htat stuff when it comes in the mail. As long as the numbers get there before onsite registration, you'll wont have to pay any late paperwork fees :D

For example, right now I have signed up, but still need to pay the entry fee. ALso, my nasa card and racing license expire in Jan, but after Xmas I'll buy new expriation dates and list em in the doc's. As long as it all gets in before you go, thats the order of events :D
  18. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks, Stage. To make sure I understand this, I should go ahead and sign up online then wait for NASA to mail me all the paper work to fill out which will include the 2013 membership form and the racing license form?
  19. rudyunknown

rudyunknown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    read the pdf from the website...didnt get the answers to these question..

IF I ride this event, it will be my first official rally....how is it for newbies

if i ride the 690, can i still be in a slower group of the adv riders? or maybe at the end of the fast pack, so that i dont get run over

Cars, how many motorcycle have been run over by them....i mean i will be scared to see a 60mph rally car in my rear view...are the roads wide enough?? or are the motorcycles faster?

My experince with sand has been Pine Barrens....did 2-3 PB300 in the last few years.

Support vehicle, why do we need one? i mean this event is for one day (right) are there chances of break down...i have a new well maintained 690....other than tires what else i need to be aware of?
  20. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    In.

Was able to pay the membership fee online, and signed up for the race.