Sidi Crossfire TA vs Crossfire 2?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by RememberTheFallen, Feb 16, 2013.

1. RememberTheFallen

RememberTheFallen Long timer

Oddometer:
    My old Fox boots finally came apart last weekend and I am in the market for a new set. Pretty much decided on the Sidi Crossfire's. I have noticed recently that Revzilla and a few other online sites I was looking at now offer a newer version of the Crossfire; the 2. Revzilla has a review but it seems more of a marketing thing vs a straight up review.

Has anyone tried both of these boots? Is the new boot that much better? Is it worth the extra $75?

I haven't had a premium boot since I was in high school (tech8's, which I really liked) so I am sure anything would feel amazing over the Comp 3's that I had. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  2. RememberTheFallen

RememberTheFallen Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone?

If you have just the TA's are you happy enough with them how they are?
  3. birdie_xx

birdie_xx Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was wandering whether you bought either pair ( I realize it has been over 5 months ;) )
    There are still no comparisons that I can find. I ordered the older model and I am sure I will be happy with them. :)

Cheers
  4. luckychucky

luckychucky Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought a new pair, loved the look, but you need not have a wide foot. I wore them around the house about 20 min, had to take them off. Too tight, on Barney Rubble Feet. You have narrow feet, they are sweet.
  5. birdie_xx

birdie_xx Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I read somewhere that the SRS model is better for wider feet. I tried the TA and they fit well, I just ordered a different color than what I tried on:evil
  6. squish

squish Waiting to see

Oddometer:
    I got a pair of TA since I ride dual sports and walk a little.
    Plus I dislike Lorica fake leather. And the TA have less of it.

I would buy the TA again.
  7. Endurodude

Endurodude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the SRS model, and they're great! I do have slightly narrow feet, though . . . .
  8. birdie_xx

birdie_xx Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was breaking in my new Crossfire TA boots today :)

Very nice boots :clap ... but coming from the Oxtar Infinity I will have to learn how to shift, break and...walk again :evil

My feet felt VERY well protected though .

Cheers,
  9. Wanted

Wanted Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I tried on size 13 US Sidi Crossfire 2's in the store here in Australia and they fit amazingly. I then went home and ordered these online from Motostorm Italy the same size as I had tried on in store, however when they arrived in the mail they were MUCH narrower than the Australian store ones.

I am going to sell these boots are they're too stiff for my kind of riding and I can't feel anything, I had to shift my gear lever up too far just to even change gear and even then it is still difficult. Let alone being super narrow

Great looking boot though, wish they worked for me
  10. Cberg

Cberg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have worn the Crossfire TA for 2 seasons off roading on single track tough rugged dirt bike terrain and they are awesome!

My bike has titanium raptor foot pegs that are very sharp and the soles hardly look worn, not at all chewed up. Bike is also a kick start and the right sole shows next to zero wear after 1000's of kicks. I will definitely buy the TA's again. I am amazed at how these soles stand up!!

One thing I did hear (not from my own experience) from a shop that sells the Crossfire SRS boots is that the SRS soles wear out much faster than the soles on the TA's, by the time the TA soles are worn your boots will be ready to be replaced anyways.

I can say that after the 2 seasons of use, my soles are the least worn out part of my boot by far.
  11. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    bump.

in 2016 the main difference between the base model sidi crossfire and the crossfire 2 is there are more adjustment options on the higher model which could be of use to guys with wider calves.

i've done 300 rides in my old crossfire 2 boots and they are still in great condition and have only just worn the original soles out now. i'm going to keep them for adventure riding now, and bought a new pair of the base model crossfire for dirt riding.

i have a fairly wide foot but find the crossfires are a perfect fit, a lot of issues arose with the early model crossfire SRS models which were quite narrow but they've changed these now. if you have a very wide foot then you may find the gaerne SG12 boots a better fit.

if anyone is interested i've covered this info and provided a review in the video below.

Skootz Kabootz and GF-kam like this.
  12. duct tape

duct tape Lost

Oddometer:
    I'm on my 5th set of TA's, and plan to buy 2 or 3 extra if I ever hear Sidi plans to stop making them. Passed the older ones down to my 3 sons. Should have bought some company stock! For comparison I've tried and ridden with Tech 8's and 10's and Gaerne boots in the past. The TA's just fit best on me, plus I really like the flexibility at the hinged ankle. I'm not a fan of the inner bootie but this is a very subjective call. You may be different.

RE: SRS soles - didn't like them at all. While the sole is stiffer and probably more protective when I land my bike off a jump, the only kind of real air I get is "inadvertent air". Plus, more importantly, I couldn't feel the shifter and brake lever very well with the SRS version. YMMV> Try them both out. One is likely good for you.

Jon
  13. francs

francs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have Flexforce SRS, best boots for me (I can wear them all day long) , but sole fell off (completly, not only the replaceable part) , I "reattached" it with 2K glue (polyethilene something) . I will most likely buy ordinary boots next time.
  14. spagthorpe

spagthorpe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wanted to like the SRS more, but I wasn't comfortable walking in them at all. Felt like they really were too tight as well. The Crossfire 2 TAs are what I ended up getting. I couldn't get the normal 46 that I have worn in every other Sidi boot, going back 20+ years, I can't remember if I went up one size or two. I just kept going till they stopped hurting.

Walking in the TAs is more natural, and to be honest, I really like that lip around the sole. Useful for kicking up a gear.