Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by 16873, Jan 15, 2013.

1. 16873

16873 Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. InlineSkate

InlineSkate Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very nice scooter. Just some questions though. How fast will one of these top out at and can we get a picture of the instrument cluster?
  3. Nihon Newbie

Nihon Newbie Weirdo

Oddometer:
    Bitchin cool looking scooter!
  4. tbonestone

tbonestone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stock once it's broken in you should see about 50 indicated. Interesting factoid, the engine management has a fun feature. Find someone with an old school game boy and the correct cable and you can unlock" dealer test mode" it's fun and adds a little more snap to the ride without the expense of parts and labor.
  5. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice looking scooter. It looks like it's a blast to ride.
  6. tbonestone

tbonestone Been here awhile

Oddometer:

You're a better person than I am. I can't seem to leave anything alone. Rock on with the Sr it's one amazing ride
  7. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sweet looking scoot. I prefer to leave scooters stock for reliability, and get a bigger one if I need more speed. To each their own though. I notice it has the same ugly looking (to me) ducktail rear fender as the Zuma 125. Mine still has it, it is not easy to remove, it holds part of the rear bodywork together. I really hate to take a hacksaw to it, as I can't find out what a new one costs. Have fun with the new toy.
  8. greg531

greg531 greg531

Oddometer:
    We have a couple of SR50's in our club, one that had a 70cc kit, and it went 70 mph!, This winter, he is putting on a 95cc kit on!
    No variator spacers in USA models....just game boy the computer to go to test mode....
    A aftermarket pipe, some Dr. Pulley sliders, and you should be up to 55 mph, with the 50cc engine.....
    A good forum for aprilia's are at AF1 Aprilia forum, with a active sub-forum there......
  9. kiznile

kiznile Scooter Commuter

Oddometer:
    I looked at these before buying my Scarabeo 200..I was talked out of the SR50 as soon as I said I planned to drive 40 miles a day on it.. obviously settled on aprilia for the same quality bits! :)