Multistrada tyre pressure

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Maxhr190, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Maxhr190

Maxhr190 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Recommend tire pressures for a 1200s
    M/S for offload use, also a 12v. Pump to get tires back up when the Tarmac resumes.
    Thanks
  2. Willie B

Willie B Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you looking for recommended off road tire pressure or on road tire pressure? I've had mine on several fire roads several times and didn't deviate from my usual tire pressure.
  3. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    I have quite a few miles on dirt roads with a Kawasaki Versys and my Tiger 800XC with the Scorpion Rally tires. I'll run them at 22-25, they grip like velcro, you can't hardy break them loose (well, you could :evil) and the lower pressure really smooths out the ride. Highly recommended.

And yes, you have to air back up for hiway running. But seriously, it makes a helluva difference. Run a little more if you're gonna get some speed on dirt - say up to 60-65. I don't like to run much over 45-50 with low pressure. If you hit a rock wrong you'll bend your rim. The Tiger has the alloy rims with spokes so that's less of a worry. They'll still bend though. The versys runs the same size tires as the MTS, well the back is a 160 intead of 180.

I got a set of Fullbore USA M40 and M41's for the Tiger (they have them to fit the MTS) and they are even better for dirt and still work really well on road. I take them back off when I'm doing all road riding (or mostly) or want to be more aggressive on road.

[​IMG]