KTM rally jacket...

Discussion in 'Australia' started by guymcfly, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Micl

Micl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ive got the model before the ones pictured and its got 25000 km over the last year. Great all purpose jacket had no problems. The only thing i don't like is air/water gets in through the front gap where the collar joins onto the jacket. In cold or rain I wear a push bike nylon spray jacket under it or you end up with cold/wet spot in the middle of your chest.

I use mine a fair bit with the leat and it works well. I bought a KTM leaat cover that goes over the neck brace and zips up around your neck works great adds some warmth and keeps bugs out :lol3

MicL
  2. BigM

BigM Hello :-)

Oddometer:
    Well the two black zips on the front center chest broke, first ride out. They zipped down fine, zipped up a bit fucked. :cry

So well done on the quality control KTM. The rest of the jacket however works a treat as did the other zips. Didn't notice many wind issues with the leatt fitted either. Quite a comfy jacket. Wore it yesterday in 1, 9c weather and it was pretty warm with a shirt and pressure suit underneath but not too bad, with sustainedriding (not at 5kph in sand) it was good.
  3. Dr AT

Dr AT Long timer

Oddometer:
    ummm, I told you so.... sorry, couldn't help it.

I got a refund on mine- KTM oz would only replace the jacket but the shop did the right thing and gave me a refund, so I spent the $ on 640 bits to say thanks.
  4. BigM

BigM Hello :-)

Oddometer:
    :cry

I will just stick some silicon spray on the zips see if it helps make them slide any easier, as they are rather stiff. I may be able to resurrect the zips, we shall see.

I already spent thousands on 625 parts, so don't want to be giving them much more cash to say thanks at the moment. ;)

Bloody Germans :D
  5. el spiderman

el spiderman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    BigM, where did you get the black leatt collar? Is that a ktm part?
  6. AdventureDave

AdventureDave MMMMM Bundy!

Oddometer:
    it comes with the jacket...well it use to, I assume it still comes with 2 collars.
  7. Mudguts

Mudguts when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer:
    Just to let every one know that Kenny racing is now available in Australia
    I'll be picking up a new jacket next week

Kenny-racing.com.au

I have nothing to do with them just like their product
  8. Crash77

Crash77 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wear one of these jackets and was at Boltons looking for a plain pair of duds to go with it. Old mate there said just try the matching pants on, he was right, they are that comfortable that I bought them also. I know look like a lolly but I'm bloody comfortable.

Tried a decent stack in it all yesterday and I'm laid up in hospital and the gear is fine, helped by the fact that it was in deep sand.

I wear neck brace, body armour and pods and it all fits well once you get it on.

Crash