Video game addicts...

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by EvilGenius, Feb 23, 2009.

1. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    Black Ops II is free for the weekend on steam, and looking awesome maxed out @ 1920x1200 60 FPS.

And I'm almost 1:1 in my 2nd game using the 360 controller.
  2. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately it's MP only.
  3. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    It's full of n00b's from the free trial so it's not that bad. I do wish it included zombies though, I've been playing that mostly on my friend's XBox.

One weird thing VS COD on the XBox is close combat is hard as hell. On the console it's pretty easy to knife someone, but on the PC I've seen/been in situations where it's 2 people running in circles basically trying to knife each other and failing multiple times due to the incredibly fast rotation rate.
  4. tserts

tserts Chaotic Neutral

Oddometer:
    Just played dead space 3 for about half an hour... I didn't like the way the enemies take damage, it looks stupid, especially the dead bodies behaving like balloons... The physics of the game generally feel "old"..

So far I'm far from impressed... :deal
  5. UnderNewOwnership

UnderNewOwnership Thread Slayer

Oddometer:
    "QVINTILI VARE, LEGIONES REDDE!"

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7fqb3cPPfuM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  6. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    SimCity is out today, but I have to work first :cry

For some odd reason my 6 year old is really wanting to play this game. I'm cool with that. Good bonding time and I can use it to teach her a few basic life lessons such as money management. This is of course assuming she does not get bored with it after 5 mintes :deal
  7. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    Is "tearing" (parts of the screen doesn't rotate at the same rate making it look like part is tearing away from the other) normal on AC Revelations for XBox? Not sure if for some.reason my Xbox is messing up since I've been having FPS issues with Skyrim.
  8. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:
    That's V-Sync. It's not normal behavior for any game. For PC there are settings within both the game and the drivers for it. I'm not Xbox fluent but it would indicate to me a hardware issue, especially if you've started having framerate issues where there were none before.
  9. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    SimCity is the first game I have owned that requires you to be online to play. So far, I do not like it (not the game, the online DRM). I was not able to play much yesterday due to issues, and I can not play now. All games are saved to their servers, not on my PC. I started three games last night, then had to start over due to their server issues when the games did not save when I closed the game. I know this is not the first time a game has had this type of DRM, and every other example I know of has had these same issues upon game launch. My question, is why? Everyone knew this was going to be a popular game, its not like the initial server load was going to be a surprise. In a few weeks I am certain the resources allocated to the game will suffice, but for now...
  10. YakSpout

YakSpout Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer:
    I have a buddy that works for EA (he's on the C&C team) and he was lamenting about this just this morning. EA does this to themselves with every big game launch.
  11. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    I went with ARMA 3 Alpha instead of getting Sim City or Tomb Raider. Though I'll be getting one or both later.
  12. tommyg

tommyg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pick up tomb raider today, good game, I havent liked the last few ones. The game plays alot like the drakes fortune series.
  13. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:
    SimCity will not be on my list, ever, because of the always online requirement. It's not the first EA game I've ignored.

It won't be the last. :lol3
  14. UnderNewOwnership

UnderNewOwnership Thread Slayer

Oddometer:
    If you folks don't want situations like ActiBlizzard's Diablo III "Error 37" or this latest shit from EA to become commonplace, stop giving your hard-earned cash to companies militating for always-online, server-based DRM and other such idiotic arbitrary restrictions.
  15. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Ah good old Error 37... Yeah I hate having to be online when I'm not playing online. I also hate Origin as well. I haven't played Diablo III in months. It was a good game though.
  16. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Same here......EA is welcome to stop by my house and blow me. I used to buy Tiger Woods Golf every other year or so, until they quit putting it on the PC. Played Battlefield as well. Didn't bother with BF3, nor do I plan on buying Crysis 3 thanks to their current business practices.
  17. Squelch

Squelch Everyday People Supporter

Oddometer:
    The thing is, over time they will still get the numbers they need to keep producing games and making profits. And eventually everything will be online. I'm not advocating piracy and am at work so I can't look, but is there a crack to play SC offline yet? How long did it take to make a crack to play Diablo III offline, if ever? It's a pisser when pirates have an easier time playing games than normal folks who pay. I remember getting a bunch of cracks for games I owned before deployments, just so I wouldnt have to bring my game discs with me, worried that they might be scratched by sand, or destroyed in some other way.
  18. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer

Oddometer:
    I haven't bought a PC video game since Sim City 2000. And I think my parents bought that, to be honest.

I was all excited for the new one, but the server issues are just a massive load of fail. :bluduh

I was able to get on and play yesterday, and once people give up or things stabilize (next week? :lol3) I think it will be really enjoyable.

Maybe.
  19. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    Yep. It's crossed off my list now. We don't have internet service at our weekend place. We'll take the Xbox so me and the boy can play, but I guess this one is a no go.
  20. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    It crashed with Skyrim once which I think is the 2nd time it has crashed in 2 years. I'll need to try out some other games since Borderlands has always had FPS issues when I use incendiary weapons.

I've basically been just running through those 3 games trying to finally beat them since I've had Borderlands/Skyrim over a year, and AC III is waiting.

But of course I bought more games :lol3, there's a new humble bundle so I had to get that.