Triumph Tiger Touring Seat??

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by toolguy1, May 2, 2011.

1. toolguy1

toolguy1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,
    I am the proud owner of a 2005 Triumph Tiger (awesome bike) and am looking for a comfortable seat for both rider and passenger. Your advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated along with links or websites to purchase from.
    Hope to see you on the road,
    Mark Brooks
    TG1
  2. mustang

mustang Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer:
    corbin..............it's comfy and affordable
  3. KF7GTH

KF7GTH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ^^I'm with Mustang^^ I have ridden all day on both the stocker and the corbin and there is night and day difference.
  4. Yukon PER

Yukon PER Blacksheep

Oddometer:
  5. jwray76

jwray76 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Only concern with the Corbin would be if you are a bit short in the inseam. I really enjoy my Corbin, but if I wasn't 6'3" I dunno that I would like it as much. Actually considering selling mine to fund some repairs from a tip over. If you are interested in used maybe we can work something out.
  6. jwray76

jwray76 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. bgt595

bgt595 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm with Mustang and others. Corbin is the way to go. I'm 6'2" with a 32" inseam. I sometimes have to tip-toe, but with the Corbin seat and the Buell dropped foot pegs it pretty damn comfy. I might be in some trouble when the Alaska leather sheep skin seat cover is on though.
  8. moe.ron

moe.ron Pig. Can. Fly.

Oddometer:
    I love Corbins too, but boy are the ones for the newer models fugly. Whats with the pillowy look? Sargents are great too, I may send one of mine off to the for reconstruction.
  9. toolguy1

toolguy1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys for the input, sounds like Corbin is the way to go!:freaky

JWRAY76, Thanks for the tip, email sent.
  10. moe.ron

moe.ron Pig. Can. Fly.

Oddometer:
    You wont regret it, they are pretty much the best thing to happen to butts since the thong bikini! No offense ladies.
  11. Menzies

Menzies Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a Russell Day Long seat on the Tiger and it is the best IMHO. I have never liked Corbin seats, I have one for my Bonneville and had one on my previous Commando, much too hard.
  12. StevG57

StevG57 Rocky Mtn surf patrol

Oddometer:
    I've used Spencers Seat mod's before on a KLR650 and just got a 2001 Tiger done. Quality work, fast turn around, and a fair price. The foam/gel inserts work great, and this is a lot cheaper than getting a whole new seat:

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

Good luck with whatever choice you make!
  13. djpaulie

djpaulie Tigger Happy

Oddometer:
    I have a Corbin on my Tiger. I'll be selling it after this season.

As others have said, WAY too hard for my butt's liking. I mean, it's definitely an improvement over the stocker, but I just can't stand it after about 2 hours in the saddle.

BTW, I'm 6'2" w/ 32" inseam, and I cannot flat-foot the bike with the Corbin on.

I'll be sending my stock seat to Russell for a makeover at some point this summer, then offloading my Corbin.
  14. Northwoods Yeti

Northwoods Yeti Almost house broken

Oddometer:
    Russell day long?
    http://www.day-long.com/

Don't own one, I use an Air-hawk and some Alaska leather sheep skin on top of that. With $ in those two items I was 2/3's of the way toward a Russell.:lol3
  15. EncoreJoe

EncoreJoe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I vote for Day-Long (this is mine)

[​IMG]
  16. slipknot

slipknot Hello Girls

Oddometer:
    Russell Day Long. Nothing compares.

I once had an R80 BMW which had a seat that would embarrass the Italians. Corbin was an improvement but why stop there? And their attitude is shit.

I've never tried a Mustang but my brother had one for one year and was not impressed.

I've used the Air Hawk, good in an emergency, better in the office chair but not a great solution as it is easily stolen.

I've tried Spencer's. It takes a few tanks to break in but it is an improvement. Fast service too.

Not tried the Mayer seats, two brothers, Rick and Guido or Hans or ??, who do not cooperate or speak and have their own shops. Both good I'm told.

Russell Day Long. Nothing compares. :deal