Garden State Mindless Dickery Thread

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by MoBill, Jul 24, 2009.

1. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
  2. docgonzo

docgonzo Great Old Turtle

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    shawn, PM me the details of where and when. South Plainfield is the next town over. I'd love to watch the event.
  3. 71olds

71olds Motorholic

Oddometer:
    In the pines with my little guy

1st time out of the wood in my back yard he did great did about 30 miles between Saturday & Sunday with him & my buddys son.

[​IMG]
  4. johnpitts01

johnpitts01 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congrats haystack. Keep us posted.
  5. NJDirtRiders

NJDirtRiders Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Look like some nice easy in and out boot [emoji106]
  6. DougZ73

DougZ73 Fading off.........

Oddometer:
    Take off the dirtbike style metal toe kick, and they look very much like my Diadora sport touring boots.

Sent from this year's, poor man's smart phone. :)
  7. lousot

lousot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    doc my boots fall apart this weekend do you have a link and how much did you pay for them
  8. docgonzo

docgonzo Great Old Turtle

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
  9. RedPower

RedPower Long timer

Oddometer:
    This Saturday!
    Cars & Motorcycles of England in Westtown PA
    Link:deal
    Looks like an interesting event. Too bad I'm busy that day:cry
  10. KL_ARRR

KL_ARRR Adventure Piggy

Oddometer:
    I spent the long weekend riding up in Vermont and took back roads all the way there and back; including some business with an Adventure Pineapple.

We weren't allowed to ride up Mt Washington because it had rained that day and "there is a mile of gravel that is very slippery" :huh but they let all the cars go up...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dDMOu-vvhz0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    simon, you coming to BYOB this year?
  12. KL_ARRR

KL_ARRR Adventure Piggy

Oddometer:

Sadly, I have a wedding to attend in NH that weekend. I know, lame...
  13. lulo

lulo Cochino Aventurero

Oddometer:
    So my buddy ordered an s1000r a couple weeks ago from cross country but couldn't pick it up today or tomorrow due to work constraints so he asked me to pick it up and bring it back to my house so he could have it for the weekend.

Brief observations after a 50 ish mile ride home of mostly hwy and some local twisties:

Let's start w the bads:
    I was a strong fan of the bike but not the headlight, real life is worse sadly, was also thinking that once you were on it i wouldn't matter much but due to the way the thing is shaped and how the clocks sit it was actually worse, sadly this is something one would need to live with.

For a standard I'd say it's rather aggressive, my knees were pretty up there and how the handlebars sit I needed to crouch down a bit, gladly nothing a set of lowering pegs and risers can't cure.

The pros:
    I was able to whip it's sibling the s1000rr pretty good a year ago and was intoxicated with its power and how flexible the engine was just strolling around, in this case the added torque only magnifies the experience, even though I didn't run the engine past the recommended 7k limit until 200 miles, but the power and torque is clearly all there, ultra smooth delivery w no noticeable fi gaps, I progressively cycled from rain to full power mode as I got more confident of the new tyres and by the end of the ride I made a couple runs from a stop going thru all the gears at full throttle at the 7k shift mark, power again is impressive and the power shifter is by far the best I've tested on a factory offering making quick concise jerk free shifts consistently, suspension was very compliant on even and uneven surfaces though I'd seriously spend the money on a steering damper since the front end gets very light very quick.

All in all for the money I think you can't realistically get a more flexible well equipped bike w such a comprehensive electronic/ suspension package and such a stout powerhouse power plant.

I'm not an inline engine fan but this engine seriously makes you rethink your notions though I'd wait for the touring version in the works.
  14. > 1 BAD HABIT

> 1 BAD HABIT Zadyma

Oddometer:
    Is anyone interested in taking 2 spots at Thunderbolt Raceway on June 9th, or June 10th, or both days?

(I had little mishap on the last day of Roaming Rally in Canada last weekend, and I am not in a shape to go to the track (as of today). The other guy, my riding buddy, has some family commitments that he is responsible to honor..)

Cheers
  15. kjclark7

kjclark7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    that's great!
  16. Sause

Sause Never tell me the odds

Oddometer:
    I wish I had some track gear...
  17. > 1 BAD HABIT

> 1 BAD HABIT Zadyma

Oddometer:
    we also have 2 reservations at NJMP VIP Suites which will become available
  18. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    As an FYI-- Rollin' Fast in Lebanon has the Victory Demo truck tomorrow and Sunday. The bikes are ok, but the free lunches have always been excellent :lol3

I usually do a mixed surface ride to the place, but can't make it this weekend.
  19. bemiiten

bemiiten League of Adventures

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up Walter. They always have good food.
  20. RedPower

RedPower Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great pic 71Olds, always good to see the future riders:clap:clap

Lulo thanks for the ride review on the BMW S1000:clap:clap
    All though it sounded a little biased:huh Since you've been drinking some of that Bavarian Kool Aid for a while anow:lol3

BadHabit, you didn't get the Event Fee Protection? For $15 I always take it
    Good Luck selling them!!