F 650 GS/Dakar rear rack ext and accessories

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by kildala2000, Nov 30, 2007.

1. kildala2000

kildala2000 The GS Store.

Oddometer:
    Hello, :D

I will have one of these back from the powder coat guy next week, if you interested please let me know.
    16in W X 12in D comes in Black powder coat finish and all the mounting hardware. Fits newer style 650 racks, 05 to 07.
    Asking $100.00 inc postage

[​IMG]

First PM with an address gets it when it's ready.
    Thanks,
    Rick
  2. BlackBeast

BlackBeast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is my newest farkle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. jdaniele

jdaniele Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you have the same rack for an 03 Dakar?

Thanks JD
  4. RivahRider

RivahRider Windrider

Oddometer:
    Thanks again Rick for the fast service and great rack.:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
  5. stvzan

stvzan STVZ

Oddometer:
    I would just love to have me one of those rack ext when they become available. This is my first post after 8 months searching for a used bike and "settlin" for a shiney noo 07 gs with 4 miles on it. Up to 529 miles and me back is screamin for a break from that nasty backpack. stevezan
  6. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Aspiring advrider

Oddometer:
    Great workmanship in these too...too bad he doesn't make one for an 03, it would be my first choice. :cry
  7. Ditch

Ditch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just installed one of these and it's a breeze. Now the rear rack has some function to it. :freaky Thanks, Wendell
  8. when the road bends

when the road bends hello

Oddometer:
    rick,

I would love one of those! Huge improvement over the stock joke. Please let me know when its available...

06 Dakar
    David
  9. Cur

Cur Fungawee

Oddometer:
    PM sent nice job
  10. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    are these watercut? I would like one but instead of round holes I would prefer straighter cuts on the rear and side to better accomodate strapping. Similair to the rack pictured below.

Not sure who makes this rack, I saved the image and can't find the source, was it you?

Attached Files:

11. BlackBeast

BlackBeast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    BLM Accessories makes the rack you mention. I have it + Rick's version. Prefer Rick's version as it it shorter if you are carrying a passenger + much cheaper. I have no problem having the circular cutouts for strapping a dry bag or a tail bag dependant on trip duration.
  12. kildala2000

kildala2000 The GS Store.

Oddometer:
    OK, :D

I just got these pictures from a customer showing me how and what he uses his rack for. I have to say that pictures show it all :D :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will be away on holidays from the 14th till the 24th and just leave me a PM if you have any questions.
    Ride Safe,
    Rick
  13. Cur

Cur Fungawee

Oddometer:
    I installed this rear rack last night. It is well built, simple to install, and rugged. I will put it to the test this season. Thanks for a high quality product. Rick
  14. when the road bends

when the road bends hello

Oddometer:
    Rick, its a good rack, thanks

[​IMG]
  15. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers Vespapa Supporter

Oddometer:
    :deal
  16. kaptinkaos

kaptinkaos Just some nOOb

Oddometer:
    Rick,

Thanks again for the rack! It's exactly what I needed for my solo day trips so I could carry an extra 10L of fuel without putting my panniers on. The only thing I did that wasn't included was get some 3M foam/sticky tape and put it between the spacers and the hand hold. That way nothing will vibrate itself into anything else. Cheers!

Joe
  17. Spudman

Spudman n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if this rack does/would interfere with caribou case mounts. If you have seen caribou cases (you can check their website), it almost looks like the cases may come up high enough where the side of the rack would hit. Any input?
  18. Spudman

Spudman n00b

Oddometer:
    That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the input. When's the next batch going to be ready?
  19. Gumbeaux

Gumbeaux The Chameleon Supporter

Oddometer:
    :D

I received my Kildala rack and installed it Friday night in three minutes time. Great fit and finish.

The rack is fantastic. Great platform for a variety of stuff. It will hold my overnight bags, camping gear, etc. just perfectly.

And it also works great for strapping down just a small toolbag, a briefcase...whatever.

Below is a pic of my bike packed up for camping with the Kildala rack.

Great work Rick. Pleasure doing business with you. :clap :thumb
    From Finepix 043.jpg
  20. Spudman

Spudman n00b

Oddometer:
    Installed my rack a couple days ago and have had a couple solid days of use out of it during my commute. Let me just say that this sucker will pay for itself time and time again. It's affordable (compared to others) and very funtional. To people wondering why other racks similar to this have longer slots for tie downs (like the pic of the one on the 1st page of this thread) vs. circle holes to hook into....the slots just leave more room for the strap/bungie to vibrate and wiggle around in. The Kildala rack is super easy to mount and is very solid. I also like that its not as overwhelming as others...in other words it gets the job done without looking like the rack is going to take over the whole bike!!! Thanks Rick, you're the man. Rick is part of a dying breed of easy and amazing people to do business with. AAAAAAAAA++++++++