Missouri Adventure Riders Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ThumperDRZ, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ThumperDRZ

ThumperDRZ Bouncing off Rocks!

Oddometer:
    As Noted - Calling Eastern Missouri Riders (though all are welcome!)

How about a thread where we can post upcoming rides to go exploring, call out for some riding partners, or discuss good ole Missouri dual sport riding opportunities? Hopefully a thread like this can catch on because I don&#8217;t (and won&#8217;t) claim to be the best or fastest but I do like to ride. I&#8217;m always looking for some upcoming long day riding events whether it&#8217;s a blast through the Ozark gravel roads, forest roads, and creek crossings :evil or a twisty ride to get something to eat somewhere. I&#8217;ve been on a few excursions with some knowledgeable and talented riders that have opened my eyes to some awesome dual sport and sometimes challenging riding in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Missouri</st1:place></st1:State> (Just when I started thinking there was no where to ride a dual sport bike around here). This could be a place to share GPS files and get together for a good 300 mile day once in a while. Of course I&#8217;ll be including the <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Illinois</st1:place></st1:State> folks because I&#8217;ve met and rode with a few of you guys and it&#8217;s always a blast.

Whatcha guys (and gals ?) think? :ear

:lurk <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    jebrown6261 likes this.
  2. iyeager

iyeager I lost my avatar...

Oddometer:
    Land of Dorothy and hesitant slave-owners
    This must be an Eastern Missouri thread, cuz us Western Missouri guys have to go into Kansas for good DS ridin'. But hey, if y'all ever head westerly aways, I'm always down for riding.

Ian
  3. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:
    I thought about making it for Eastern Missouri except we've rode down past Rolla on backroads and it was a great time....which would be right in the middle for us....I'm hoping to spark a once a month ride or something...

4. unknown1

unknown1 At Peace

Oddometer:
    Maybe it should be a MoKan titled thread?
  5. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:
    or MoIll because I'm near St. Louis..............:deal
    314ADV and Scribethedirt like this.
  6. G.Gordon

G.Gordon Nation of Frustration

Oddometer:
    The Kansas thread is made up mostly of members from the KC area save Bake/Wichita and McB/Topeka. The rest of the responders live pretty local. Well there is IMoney in Springfield and Bender in Sedalia also.

A Missouri thread could be for things outside KC area maybe?:dunno
    What say yea?
  7. begeberg

begeberg Let it burn....

Oddometer:
    This is a good idea! I am up near Peoria but can always be convinced to stray South a bit!
  8. jtgreens

jtgreens Steamer

Oddometer:
    I'm game for a MO thread. Always looking for folks to ride with in the Eastern MO area - from St. Louis. Fun rides like Lost Creek Rd or Manassas Creek Rd and looking for more ideas.:ear
  9. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:
    Lost Creek and the surrounding roads are a great time.....I wouldn't mind doing a quick tour on an upcoming weekend soon....I also still have a route I planned to Bixby. I'll upload this weekend. We rode down there last Saturday but went a different way via Potosi to hook up with honz and a few other riders....The best way to start a good thread is to plan a ride....

I'll check the calendar when I get home this evening and throw out some proposed dates and routes......:deal . Feel free if you guys have some ideas.

We need to get Buzzez to post where to find those ATV trails just south of Eminence he took us to. We hit them on the way to Arkansas.....we got lost in the Mark Twain Forest for a little while and swallowed by a few mud holes but that was one of the highlights of the trip..........

another possibility could be the Tram Trail :evil I do believe which is around Van Buren
  10. yard dog

yard dog cheap but not free

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good idea to me. I am open to ride suggestions for Sunday 6/10. Ken
  11. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:
    Whatcha got in mind Ken? Maybe a quick Little Lost Creek tour with lunch in Hermann? That's always a good run. I'll check the calendar tonight and post but I'd be up for this. If you have a better idea let me know.

12. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Buzz is in KC this week. We fed him BBQ last night. :D
  13. jtgreens

jtgreens Steamer

Oddometer:
    I would be good for a ride 6/10 - Lost Creek to Hermann would be great - weather looks great and I'm itching to ride.:clap
  14. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:
    Keepin' it real...

Citgo at 47 and 70.....I'll be there at 8:00 am Sunday

You got something better for a beauiful day on Sunday please post..........

15. yard dog

yard dog cheap but not free

Oddometer:
    Count me in for Lost Creek. Ken
  16. btl68

btl68 Turmoil and tinfoil

Oddometer:
    I'll keep an eye out here for rides that I might be able to attend...:wink:
  17. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:
    See you there :nod

Anyone else feel free to come.
    Meet at the Citgo in Warrenton...0n 70 heading west...get off at the Warrenton Hiway 47 exit. Make a right heading north and the Citgo is not even a 1/4 mile on the left.

314ADV likes this.
  18. jtgreens

jtgreens Steamer

Oddometer:
    C ya there
  19. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer:
    I hope you guys waited for the rain. That would make the creek crossings more interesting. :evil :lurk
  20. btl68

btl68 Turmoil and tinfoil

Oddometer:
    I bailed just an hour ago...it rained basically all morning. Creeks were fine, as the rain wasn't too heavy. Slimy-ass concrete bridges were another matter...

I had a blast and it was great meeting everyone...Definitely do it again!:D