Motorcycle trip from Zambia around the world to raise awareness about Zambia Orphans

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by wearenomadbikers, Mar 27, 2013.

1. wearenomadbikers

wearenomadbikers Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys,

I am new here.

My wife and I live in Zambia (we are Canadians, but spent most of the last 20 years here), developing the only Sports Academy for Orphans in this area. In a few months we are starting a RTW trip on our Yamaha Super Tenere to raise awareness and funding for our orphans. Details about the trip can be seen on several sites:
    www.horizonsunlimited.com
    www.motorbikeeurope.com/en/john-nomad-fundraising-expedition
    www.bikerguide.co.uk
    and our website: www.nomadsportsacademy.com

We have done some trips by bike before (Congo - Namibia, on a 125 cc Shineray, Cape Town - Zanzibar - Cape Town on a Yamaha V-Star 1100, Mekong Delta to the Sapa Mountains, Vietnam on a 125 Chinese Cubtom bike), but this is the ultimate.
    Nice to be on Advrider, we look forward to contribute our bit to the amazing knowledge of adventure and motorcycles found here.
  2. RTLover

RTLover Long timer

Oddometer:
    Didn't have any luck on nomadsportsacademy and couldn't find you in HU.
  3. wearenomadbikers

Oddometer:
    I know, give it few more days, I am uploading the nomadsportsacademy.com soon, as we are working on it.
    on the Hubb you can see my article under "Make a difference" forum, also as wearenomadbikers

Our trip starts in December that is why some of the stuff is still under construction.

Thanks for checking
  4. Tebpac

Tebpac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We sponsor a child in Ndola through Haven of Hope which the church we attended helped to start. Godspeed.
  5. Ducati7444

Ducati7444 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I always admire poeple that devote their time, life for a great cause. Please share your trip with us. :clap
  6. wearenomadbikers

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the replies, friends!
    The website is operational now and it has a blog as well to keep everyone up to date on our journey. Photos and news both from our trip and about our orphans and the Sports Academy for them will be regularly uploaded.

www.nomadsportsacademy.com

Thanks

John Nomad
  7. llelik

llelik n00b

Oddometer:
    Just to give some news from the trip. John successfully left Moscow today and now keep going to Russian Far East.