2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    speaking of Canard's wreck anybody know how Ryan Morais is doing ?? he came out of the deal pretty bad.
  2. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:
    They'll only reflag the race if someone is seriously injured and can't be moved off the track before the group comes around again. Esspecially if they are in the racing line. Most cases the injured rider can be moved or actualy walks or crawls off the track so that he doesn't get hit by a bike. The track workers do a good job in removing all the bikes before the pack comes back around.
  3. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Team manager for this year.
    Not sure what team but its with Yamaha.
  4. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    On the red flag question, the paucity of red flags compared to road racing mostly has to do with the slower speeds and the ability of the flagmen to warn riders of a problem and route then around the accident. But it also has to do with frequency of crashes - if you red-flagged the race every time someone went down on track, you'd be constantly interrupting the race.

- Mark
  5. GotMojo?

GotMojo? Long timer

Oddometer:
    Late to the party here... just watched the 250 and 450 mains on my DVR while everybody else is watching the super bowl. Awesome ride by Dungey... I guess that outside gate pick kept him away from an out of control Chad Reed :lol3

Good to see Bubba riding near the front. With the knee issues, he's probably not able to train very much and he seems to be fading throughout the race.

And I guess RV showed how important starts are this year... with this years deep field he was only able to get up to, what, 8th or 9th? Last year he probably would have had a chance to win it.
  6. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    >"And I guess RV showed how important starts are this year... with this years deep field he was only able to get up to, what, 8th or 9th? Last year he probably would have had a chance to win it. "

RV dropped the bike in the finals... that part wasn't shown until later on in the broadcast. (I think he went from 8th to 17th ?) I suspect if he hadn't dropped the bike... he would have gone up to the front.

He was the fastest rider on the track... but luck was with Dungy last night.
  7. retroone

retroone Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought Reed got stood up by the guy behind him. Even the replay look the same to me. :huh
  8. DestinationUnknown

DestinationUnknown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The races this week were great as always. So much talent this year, 10 different guys could come out the winner any week. Villipoto finishing where he did, and Dungey coming back from the heat and lcq troubles shows this.
  9. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

Fastest guy on the track???

You mean ON the track, as in laying in the dirt :lol3
    He's pretty good at that, falling down when he goes faster than anyone else.

10. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Ya, he was pretty fast at picking up his bike :rofl

Dungey has done that outside gate start before and got to the front of the pack...maybe he should just start there all the time :evil
  11. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Reed crash

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/45y2fkQ8MgI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/45y2fkQ8MgI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  12. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Not according to this:

1 5 Ryan Dungey Belle Plaine, MN KTM 450 SX-F Factory Edit 20 Laps 53.236 Red Bull/KTM/Motorex/Dunlop/Foremost/WP/Akrapovic
    2 18 David Millsaps Murrieta, CA Suzuki RM-Z450 +02.586 53.424 Rockstar Energy Drink/Motosport.com/ONE Industries/Bel-Ray/Bell/FMF/Dragon/Rockw
    3 51 Justin Barcia Pinetta, FL Honda CRF 450 +03.381 53.540 Team Honda Muscle Milk
    4 7 James Stewart Haines City, FL Suzuki RM-Z450 +07.878 53.498 Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing
    5 22 Chad Reed Dade City, FL Honda CRF 450 +13.238 53.407 Discount Tire Americas Tire/Shift/Fox/Mophie/Outride/Etnies/Honda/Factory Effex
    6 29 Andrew Short Smithville, TX Honda CRF 450 +22.919 54.132
    7 41 Trey Canard Shawnee, OK Honda CRF 450 +24.763 54.067 Team Honda Muscle Milk
    8 1 Ryan Villopoto Poulsbo, WA Kawasaki KX 450F +26.196 53.699 Monster Energy Kawasaki
  13. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

You can be sure that the second time he fell, backmarker800 wasn't going out of his way to avoid nailing his bike. :lol3
  14. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Reed crash video...

Looks like Reed did it all himself...too hot off the jump into the corner. I think he has to collect his thoughts and not try so hard. Like Ricky and Jeff say, you have to slow down to go fast!
  15. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:

Something must be wrong here, that doesn't match the qualifying times at all. :deal

Sometimes qualifying order means something.....
    Sometimes not. :wink:

16. Lappeman

Oddometer:

Race times slowed down dramatically due to the rain that started just as the 250's finished their main. Rained thru most of the 450 main. Milsaps is good in the wet...maybe Daytona this year will be a mudfest again :evil
  17. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    Wasn't really referring to the actual lap times, but the rider order, doesn't correspond to the qualifying order too well.

18. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Dungey got a shock that works for the main. And Poto crashed twice. That will slow you down a bit. He probably didn't have a great rain set up. :dunno

I didn't see his second crash. Here it is:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JDQfhneno98?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JDQfhneno98?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  19. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    They finally showed that crash a long time after it happened.

About like a lot of things in that race.

20. BadDogMax

BadDogMax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I thought the camera coverage was better than previously. They had multiple camera angles on most incidents which I don't remember in past SPEED coverage.

Now if the director would just keep with the action on the track, and jump off of a group when they start running single file...