Looking for riding buddy's

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Gordo DeDog, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Gordo DeDog

Gordo DeDog n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello
    I'm Kenney I live in Hollister CA
    I own a XR650L and I want to do some adventure riding but I have nobody to go with :tough
    I'm a experienced rider and have the right gear
    Thanks
  2. Tyler

Tyler Miss Demeanor

Oddometer:
    Maybe check this out??
  3. Gordo DeDog

Gordo DeDog n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks but it seems more geared to women and street bikes
    Thank you
  4. Tyler

Tyler Miss Demeanor

Oddometer:
    Huh? :huh You might want to look at that thread a little bit more closely...
  5. mongox

mongox ARRRRGH!!!

Oddometer:
    Hey Kenny, Eric here. I live in Gilroy, I also own a 650L (675 high compresion motor) and yes I would be interested in doing some rides in the future. Will be gone riding long distance this weekend but later on I would be interested.
  6. mbrick

mbrick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Also interested in some rides in your area.
  7. Sport

Sport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Many times when out on 25 on my street bikes I see a lot of trailered off roaders taking a left about 40 miles south of Hollister southeast towards Coalinga. Isn't there a dedicated off road area or track out there somewhere?
  8. Tyler

Tyler Miss Demeanor

Oddometer:
    I imagine you're thinking of Clear Creek which, at the moment, has been "temporarily" closed by the BLM because of what they deem a health risk from naturally occurring asbestos in the soil. It is a sore spot with many local riders who have riding there for decades as kids and with their kids with zero health issues. Ask anyone in the area who rides and you'll get an earful. :(
  9. LaPorte

LaPorte Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Kenny

I have the exact same problem, I have bikes, experience and no one to ride with. What makes it worst is, I have a place in northern Cal that I can stay at and ride from, with hundreds if not thousands of miles of back roads, fire roads, trails and single track in the area. I have ridden a lot of the area in the past. If any of this interests you let me know.

Tony
  10. goldentaco

goldentaco Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can ride the County roads. Clear Creek road through to New Idria. You can even do an out and back towards Santa Rita Peak on R11.

I do a loop through there a few times a year.

J
  11. Calikatoom

Calikatoom Norcal Moto Nut

Oddometer:
    Hi Everyone - It has been a while since I lurked around here.... I lead a monthly Adventure Ride up an down the Central Sierra range. I work at Cycle Specialties BMW Triumph in Modesto. I try to aim for the 3rd Sunday of the month. We usually have 10-20 riders each month. Rides are free and something i started doing because there are lots of people looking for riding buds. This is a great way to meet a few!

The rides are not gnarly. I try to make them fun without getting people in over their heads.

If you would like to be on my email list, just shoot me a PM with your email address.

Cheers!
    Gail
  12. Tyler

Tyler Miss Demeanor

Oddometer:
    Excellent suggestion! I know Gail personally and he is a stand up kind of guy... :freaky
  13. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know Gail also. but he is more of a horizontal type guy spread out on the trail :rofl
  14. Hookalatch

Hookalatch Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer:
    Tony, check the Chico Dual Sport Riders thread occasionally. Several of the locals get up to or near you fairly often. You have suggested several interesting overnight rides in the past that I was very tempted to try and join. The timing didn't work but maybe it will sometime.

Chuck
  15. Whammo

Whammo Nature's toothbrush

Oddometer:
  16. Whammo

Whammo Nature's toothbrush

Oddometer:
    That sounds cool. Good on ya!
  17. LaPorte

LaPorte Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Chuck

I have watched the Chico Dual Sport Riders Thread for a while and have posted, Just waiting for an invite to join you guys.

Tony
  18. LaPorte

LaPorte Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I want to go do the Bucks Lake Dual sport ride again, but I don't want to ride it alone. I laid it out a few years back and did the ride with a group. It has been about five years since I rode it. There may be down trees and what ever so some trees may need to be cut. The ride starts at my place in Brownsville and goes through Forbstown, the back of Oroville Res, to the Cascade area, across Milsap Bar, to Bucks Lake, (Half way Point Gas Lunch) Back into the woods, across Claremont Ridge 6,994 ft. back to LaPorte (pavement/dirt then Brownsville Pavement/dirt). About 184 miles. May not be able to complete the whole ride in one day if there are lots of down trees. But can do it over a couple weekends.
    Anyone interested? It's not that difficult mostly Fire Roads, Trails and old log skids. Nothing butt puckering.

LaPorte
  19. StuInFH

StuInFH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Tony, check your PM here or on MLDS. thanks
  20. catfish

catfish Squidicus Adventurous Supporter

Oddometer:

Thanks for the email Tony. If our schedules can sync in October, I'm IN!

Catfish ...