2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:

See, now of all your tired diatribe, THAT WAS FUNNY! :lol3
  2. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Ive seen Rossi hobble out to his bike on crutches,struggle onto it and go like hell.
    Of course that's Rossi,and Moto-GP doesnt involve huge jumps and whoops.
    Wilson is probably out for this series anyway.
  3. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    hobble...what a puss.. Mick Doohan almost lost a leg and had to be carried on and off his bike. And still won the championship if I recall correctly (correction he lost)

but anyway. Flugs comment was funny
  4. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    No he lost that year.
  5. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Doohan was a badass on the bike,and off. Rossi is more the artist of racecraft,he can beat guys before they start their bikes.
    Hes fun to watch and is still the main draw of Moto-GP.

Who will win the next Supercross? So many guys this year,Barcia could smooth out on the 450 and dust em,Reed could have a good night,Dungey could get the start and set sail again,Tomac could quit tipping over and go like hell,lotsa guys could..

Most likely Villapoto will continue his roll.
  6. 400 KTM Pilot

400 KTM Pilot Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Will JS7 be allowed into Canada considering his impersonation issues a couple years ago?
  7. shocker4her

shocker4her When I am King

Oddometer:
    That's a good question. I'm pretty sure something has already been worked out.
  8. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    1 more criminal in Canada won't make a big difference.
  9. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    LOL, did you go to Toronto? :freaky
  10. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    It would depend on whether the Canuck's classify his conviction as a felony. If they do, he would have needed to apply for an exemption and pay a large fee. Then he would be allowed in.

Be interesting to see if it is mentioned during the broadcast.
  11. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    nein. I'd have liked to but it ain't happening. Outdoor Nationals on the other hand I hope to hit 3. Who knows maybe 4. Unadilla and Southwick are no longer back to back. I'd really like to go to Washougal and see Horsepower Hill. :huh
  12. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Fly out for Hangtown,get sunburnt,check out the freaks from South Sac,its a good time!

Stewart was impressive there last year,The track gets all chopped up and rutted,line choice is the thing.

Bagget was amazing,flat flew up the hills!

(Hangtown was more fun in 1975.)
  13. Tee2

Tee2 I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer:
    This discussion came up last year and he raced, why wouldn't he be able to this year? :ear
  14. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Haters.:deal
  15. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    Washougal and Red Bud (only for the big jump) are tops of the list for road trip Nationals for me. We're really lucky to have Unadilla and Southwick within about 3 hours either direction. The tracks in PA are doable in a weekend as is Buds Creek. Oops. Looks like PA only has one national. Washougal is tops for me as I've never been to the north west unless you count Montana and Glacier National as part of the NW and that track looks really cool. Looks like they go to Salt Lake Utah in August.

Should be nice and cool in Salt Lake in August. :huh

No more outdoor national in Texas?
  16. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    and in some ways not far from the truth. I'm somewhat puzzled by the outrage of my less than ringing endorsement of asterisk. they seem to be a study in the defiance of logic. I'm not an EMT but I do work in an industry that has very close ties to first responders and healthcare in general as well as emergency healthcare. I have some basic medical understanding and I am BLS certified.

what defies logic is the asterisk mode of operation that seems to subscribe to get them back on the bike asap. so if that is the case, stay out of it. if a rider needs attention it will be pretty obvious. if he's had a run of the mill spill, again, give him space you are not part of the race. to swarm over a guy as if the outcome of that riders finishing position is paramount his medical condition be damned makes no sense from a medical perspective. that is why they make stiff neck collars and spine boards. to immobilize. I know a guy who fell off a scaffold and the other guy on the scaffold was all busted up. they both went to the ER but the focus was on the other guy. they finally got around to looking at the lesser injured guy and his pulse was WAY over normal his heart was racing. had been for an hour. asterisks mode of operation makes. no. sense. if they are going to get back on the bike and keep racing than they should stand back and wait until their services are really needed. not jumping out into the track for a routine biff where the rider is already obviously intact and functional. if your main objective is their medical well being you don't pick somebody up like they did with Chad Reed at Dallas last year and run with them. You just don't if an EMT did that at an accident scene he'd be sued and deemed an incompetent quack. my criticism of them is warranted and in the riders best interest and those who take issue with that really are oblivious to the facts. Asterisk clearly has no guidelines, no direction, and defy standard medical procedures on a regular basis. they need to be seen and not heard to a degree and stop acting like they have a monster energy jersey on and start acting like emergency medical technicians.
  17. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Failing to agree with you is not equal to outrage.

:deal

Your perspective is proven cockeyed. :D
  18. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    failing to acknowledge facts and refuting them is the same as outrage. asterisk medical personnel are not in the race and are not part of any race team.
  19. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Maybe some of our local, legal herb would mellow you out a bit too?!? :lol3
  20. Tee2

Tee2 I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer:
    Canard is out for today.