Interlochen State Park, or other Traverse City campgrounds? (MI)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by BigEasy, Jun 4, 2014.

1. BigEasy

BigEasy Fish Eyed Heathen

Oddometer:
    Heading to Traverse City for a fishing trip in a couple weeks, any local intel about campgrounds would be appreciated. Thanks, Keith
  2. Clebner

Clebner Lurkin Slacker

Oddometer:
    Interlochen State park is pretty nice, you can stay on either green lake or duck lake. I stayed on the duck lake side a couple weeks ago and It was perfect for a weekend getaway.
    If you don't need power there are a lot of little state campgrounds around. I like the Lake Ann state campground. The Grass lake state campground is on the Betsie river and has lots of dirt roads right next to it. Lake Dubonnet has a couple campgrounds, one of which is a horse trail camp (no motorcycles allowed).
    I could suggest others depending on what you are interested in. If you just want a secluded spot in the woods to camp on the water I could direct you to a couple of those too.
  3. DIRTSCOOTER

DIRTSCOOTER Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cycle-Moore is a nice friendly motorcycle only campground right on US-31, with a cycle shop on site. Our BMW club has been going there for decades.

<table class="ts intrlu" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"><nobr>
    </nobr>11075 U.S. 31, Interlochen, MI 49643
    <table class="ts intrlu" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"><nobr>(231) 276-9091</nobr></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
  4. BigEasy

BigEasy Fish Eyed Heathen

Oddometer:
    Thanks gents that the kind of stuff I'm looking for. I appreciate your time:freaky