2010 Rocky Mountain Adventure Rally

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Big_John, Oct 7, 2009.

1. racetwins

racetwins On the inside line

Oddometer:
  2. skidxr

skidxr Excuses

Oddometer:
    Yeah everyone should bring a pair... :evil
  3. snow

snow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm meeting my brother at the Conoco, Morrison & C-470..leaving at 10a.m. if anyone would like to join us to South Fork please do. Snow
  4. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
  5. grub

grub Requires Supervision

Oddometer:
    that is the MVUM, it is available for free at the Del Norte FS Office or the Public Land Service Center on the west side of Monte Vista. I went in and asked for 100 of them and they just laughed at me :lol3 . If you are coming through either town you could stop and pick one up, the problem with them is that they have no landmarks, no contours, no way to orient yourself. So if you aren't real familiar with the area they can be tough.

Oldtimertc told me tonight that the visitor center in downtown South Fork gives out free OHV maps showing all the trails in the area, I din't know they did that and haven't seen the maps but he says they are pretty nice.
  6. patsue

patsue Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I and my wife and son are coming for the rally and staying in one of the cabins. Is there some organization to what rides are going to happen when or is it just latch on to a group and go for it?

I intend to put some miles on my bike with ya'll!

patrick
  7. HateRyder

HateRyder Schtool

Oddometer:
    Eshcwab and I are heading out at dawn. Stopping in Montrose Thursday evening then heading to the Rally Friday morning. Really wanting to ride cinnamon and engineer pass. Lets do this!
  8. Danno88

Danno88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Snow,

Group meeting at Walmart at I-70 and Evergreen Prkwy at 0830. I imagine we'll be heading on Hwy 73 to Conifer or perhaps hwy 9 to Fairplay. Either way, you should catch up with us on Hwy 285 somewhere if your leaving at 10am. I believe we're taking some time in Saguache or Poncha to see a cemetery.
  9. Danno88

Danno88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Look me up this weekend. In Denver now, but Tucson is my hometown.
  10. Tellydoug

Tellydoug Troubador of joy

Oddometer:
    Look me up, I want to do this loop also on the GS. I will be in a big green van.
  11. tgeliot

tgeliot Topher

Oddometer:
    I've never even participated in, let alone tried to organize such an endeavor, but it occurred to me that if somebody has a big whiteboard and markers they could bring, it would be handy for listing which rides are planned for the next day. But then again I've been known to over-engineer things . . .

I still don't have the fork for my Transalp in hand yet, but UPS says it's in Commerce City, so I'm still hopeful that I'll make it.
  12. Winterfreak

Winterfreak Been here awhile

Oddometer:

We think alike, brought this up about 10 pages ago and its covered. Be nice to have a menu board of rides to choose from. Never rode this area.
  13. Winterfreak

Winterfreak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Western CO / Utard riders. Meeting Thursday 8am at City Market Gas station in Delta. Journey over Engineer Pass and on into South Fork.

Myself, and Ricker meeting so far. WR250R and KLR.

Others welcome.
  14. tgeliot

tgeliot Topher

Oddometer:
    Given the uncertainties around my bike repairs, I may end up wanting to leave Denver mid-day or somewhat later Thursday. Is there anyone planning on leaving then?

Topher

Great minds think alike, and so do yours and mine!
  15. Day13

Day13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Headed to the airport now. Landing in Denver at noon. Then on to South Fork!
  16. _Magoo_

_Magoo_ master of disaster....

Oddometer:
    The Burque gang will be heading up to RMAR at the butt-crack of dawn en la manana!

AbqCookie is planning an early start up on her XT225, Buggs and I will handle sweep with our bikes trailered behind the Magoomobile. Gonna head up 285/84 thru Espanola, Chama, and over to Pagosa, to SF.

If all goes smoothly, we should be hitting camp in the early afternoon. See you FFs there!!!

Let's get to riding!

Magoo:lol3
  17. Downhill Dave

Downhill Dave Busco aventura

Oddometer:
    Just so you know- :deal

I went up 285 from Española to Alamosa yesterday and found 2 pilot car controlled road crews north of Ojo Caliente. One was at least a 10 minute wait.

Also coming back down from Leadville there were deer everywhere :eek1 as soon as the sun went behind the mountains (before dark). I am currently on hold with my insurance company since I was lucky enough to bag one. :cry
  18. KSH

KSH LurKer Supporter

Oddometer:
    For those wondering, this was posted from the campground.
    I don't think it's to fast:evil , but it works:D
  19. KSH

KSH LurKer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good signal in town, barely enough to use at campground.
  20. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Beast Master

Oddometer:
    :eek1 Hope you survived with minimal damage to steed and self! Will you still be riding?