Scenic City Rides (Chattanooga)

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by SquirrelyGrl, Oct 29, 2012.

1. MrTwisty

MrTwisty Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer:
    MrsTwisty and I were thinking about camping off the Tenere this weekend. No definite plans yet.
  2. Suppermotodd

Suppermotodd Tag Thief

Oddometer:
    That was the best Monday I have had in years. I can't believe you have a new bike and its not raining!:clap
  3. Suppermotodd

Suppermotodd Tag Thief

Oddometer:
    Dammit man now I have to go find my tent. I know its around here somewhere...:bluduh I would hate to break out the old Hillary Hilton from the 90's. :eek1

4. v8intn

v8intn n00b

Oddometer:
    I posted this in another thread...then rediected here.

(Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so you will have to give me some time to catch up on the in's and out's of it. I'm in the Chattanooga area and i'm loking for some folks to ride with.. that know the area (or farther) better than I do (moved here from FL 3 years ago). I ride a KLX650R, that is DS converted so back roads or single track would be just fine. My skill level on/off road is pretty good so most any terrain. Would love to meet more like minded folks.. )

I was a little intimidated by all the big BMW's with full luggage.. not a lot of plain old dual sports.:huh
    <!-- / message -->
  5. Brown Dog

Brown Dog North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer:
    I've ridden with the Bandit on his Ol' Zooki :wink:
  6. Boojum

Boojum I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer:
    Well, as of this morning, the rain chances have gone up from 20% to 50% on Friday :ddog
    I'm thinking it may just be a Saturday Morning departure for me........ Todd, it's time to shake the moth balls out of your camping stuff..............unless you just want to stay home this upcoming WARM WEEKEND......:augie :brow:dunno

Boojum
  7. TravlinLeoJ

TravlinLeoJ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm up for a local/local-ish ride this weekend. I'm ill prepared for camping right now.

Crazybob...?

SuppermoTodd?

Anyone else?

I'm not setup for any serious off-roading yet, either. Sorry to be a bummer, if that's the case. I'd slip all over the place in the mud.

I'm riding, either way.
  8. Boojum

Oddometer:
    At this point the weather is going to break up by tomorrow morning-ish, and I'm planning on hitting the woods tomorrow afternoon, sometime around 5-6 pm......... I guess I'll camp along N. River Road. I'll be on the Red GS 11 Oilhead. If anyone can make it............. :freaky :kumbaya :ricky

Boojum
  9. Suppermotodd

Suppermotodd Tag Thief

Oddometer:
    We can go up to where the Booj is camping Saturday morning if you like. I will most likely camp but it is only 90 miles from Chattown so easy day trip and nothing extreme. :deal :lol3

10. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Off The Hook

Oddometer:
    If I didn't have a family reunion to attend on Sunday.... I'd crash this party "Tuna Style". :lol3

:freaky
  11. Steez

Steez Prior USMC Infantry

Oddometer:
    Anyone still going to brewhouse? I'm up for a few after class.
  12. SquirrelyGrl

SquirrelyGrl Squirrely Girl

Oddometer:
    Victoria Secret green pj's of Ponies & Puppies
    Lance and I are here currently at Brewhaus will be for a good while.

Tuna ~ !!!!
    I thought I was family? :freaky
  13. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Off The Hook

Oddometer:
    You are babydoll!
  14. Steez

Steez Prior USMC Infantry

Oddometer:
    I was supposed to get out early tonight, but the teacher was late... I'll swing by when we're done. If you guys leave before just shoot me a pm
  15. SquirrelyGrl

SquirrelyGrl Squirrely Girl

Oddometer:
    Victoria Secret green pj's of Ponies & Puppies
    Cool, will do.

Thanks Tuna :raabia
  16. Boojum

Oddometer:
    The skies have parted, and it's looking good for the weekend. I'm heading out after lunch today and taking the back way to Tellico and camp on N. River road somewhere. Probably at Round Mtn. branch on N. River. It's about the last campsites on the N. River Road, on the "left" by a grass clearing..........
    I've not seen anyone posting (other than Todd) that is going........ so, IF anyone comes up that's where I'll be,......at least tonight.
    [​IMG]
    If I'm out riding or not at camp, THIS is the tent I'll call home.......... North Face Rock 22

Boojum
  17. Troutrider

Troutrider Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Might ride up tonight or in the morning. We can have a beer and talk politics....not. Oh sorry, I meant drive up. If the dude comes to get the bike Sunday I'll prolly go on up tonight. Great day for a ride. Be safe.

Troutrider
  18. Boojum

Oddometer:
    Come on up!!!! I'll need someone to drink beer with, or maybe I'll pull out the bottle of "Thunderbird" tonight! :wink: I don't think anyone else is coming... :huh

Boojum
  19. Troutrider

Troutrider Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking like I'll ride up tonight. Nice pic. Looks like that stealth camping spot just outside of Crested Butte.

Troutrider
  20. Boojum

Oddometer:

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner :clap.............. I'll be lookin fer ya later today!!! :freaky