The Lil Ninja that could

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Jimmy the Heater, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Jimmy the Heater

Jimmy the Heater Dirt Farmer

Oddometer:
    What a fun lil bike! I admit that I like big engines. 1000 cc's turning at 4k rpm on the freeway is just fine. Cruisers running 1450cc's turning at about 2k rpm is great too. And I love big V8s.
    I bought this lil ninja with the thought of fixing some of it's ills and then selling it.
    [​IMG]

Needed new turn signals on the left side and has a few bits of cracked plastic that we're going to try to fix.

But since we have it, why not take it for a lil spin. Wow...can a bike be this light? Flicks side to side really easy. Freeway? Stop looking for 8th gear it doesn't need it. Let er rev. 9k cruising rpm? OK!!! Yes it really can accelerate at 70! And it can haul me around at 6'0 and 180lbs.

[​IMG]

My lil ride to see what it was like ended up being almost 100 miles of screaming engine fun :)

I never liked the thought of owning one of the 600cc supersports because I like going fast with minimal rpm but I think I kinda get it now. 13k redlines are not necessarily a bad thing.

[​IMG]

Everyone should get to spend some quality time riding one of these for the day. Great lil bike!! :clap

[​IMG]
  2. Gas Hog

Gas Hog Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer:
    Yes those are cool little bikes..always liked the look. Typical Kawi...they did it right :wink:
    Gary
  3. denver_whitest185

denver_whitest185 ironbutt in training

Oddometer:
    they are awesome bikes. ive had mine for 10 months, and i've already done 10k miles on it between touring and canyon carving...
  4. TonyKZ1

TonyKZ1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice bike, and yes I like mine too. 42k miles and still counting. Enough power for me and what I use mine for, ie. commuting-most all year long, fun riding on the weekends whenever possible.
    Tony
  5. nicekid81

nicekid81 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So . . . is it the lil Ninja that *could*, or is it the lil Ninja that *can*? :D
  6. Terrytori

Terrytori Namaste

Oddometer:

Hey Jimmy... you're preaching to the choir with me man.
    Spool 'em up and it's all monkey fun.
  7. Outwardbound

Outwardbound Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Betcha ya could lean that bugger out a bit and get 100 mpg; if you could control your right wrist....... (that leaves me out...)
  8. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    My girlfriend just got one and she loves it. I have rode it a couple times and am seriously thinking about getting one for commuting to work.
    If you are in Spokane, why haven't we met?
  9. Jimmy the Heater

Oddometer:
    Yup I'm in Spokane, currently on the South Hill. But I have not made it to any of the gatherings :( Completely my fault. This last weekends ride that the group did on Sat to Steptoe Butte, I was helping a friend move, and Sunday's dirt ride...well I don't have a lisc dirt bike or dual sport yet.

One of these days I'll get to meet everyone!!
  10. Jimmy the Heater

Oddometer:
    Yes, that is a very important difference. Yes it can :) And still does, rode it to work today...the minivan dodging miracle! hehe
  11. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    Saturdays ride was a little cool in the morning. It was my GF's first real ride on the 250 Ninja.
    Where did you find the Ninja ? Craigslist?
  12. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    I been surfing craigs for a mininija myself for a city bike. The only problem is my insurance is higher on this than my old Pacific Coast. Probably cause it has more horsepower. I like the yellow that came in 04 also. Maybe I'll go over to ebay and see what they have?
  13. Jimmy the Heater

Oddometer:
    Ya I saw the post on your GF's new Ninja...congrats! Yup found it for a steal down in Tri-Cities CL. I've found that some of the prices down there are a lil bit better than in the Spokane area.
    Tho beware...went to look at one bike that said "Torn apart to replace stator" Was thinking they just had that portion of the engine apart. OHHHH NOOOO...Torn apart down to the frame! Engine fully apart, even the fairing had every nut and screw removed. :huh Walked away from that one!
  14. GarageCall

GarageCall Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice to hear that from someones whose had and likes the torque monsters too
    100mpg? Naw....best I ever got was 80mpg! Which is ridiculous, for something so cheap, fun, practicle, easy to ride, and ect, ect.
  15. dillon

dillon Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer:
    dude i love my Ninja 250, 18K miles and still in love. I think i know the route you got those pics off of too. I love that road and usually go too fast on it. Anyway shoot me a message, im always up for a ride!
  16. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    I've sure been enjoying the one adv'er grae313 rode from SoCal to Alaska and left with me last summer. Her bf was on an old Suzuki 500. Both were their first bikes. They had a fun trip and here's their thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352534

Who knew givin up a hundred hp was gonna be SO much fun! :wink: Mark H.

[​IMG]
  17. newride

newride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had a black 07 I just sold. Loved it! sad to sell it. It has its limitations, but not many.
    Bullet proof, cheap fun.
    Cheap damn bolts though, strip easy.
  18. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    It's the name "ninja."

Get a quote on it with the real name -- call it an EX250. NEVER say ninja to your insurance company!!! Also check with State Farm. THey insurce motorcycles based solely on displacement....so 250 is pretty cheap. I use State Farm and pay about $400 a year on the Ninja to insure it.
  19. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    I pay $200 a year for my 650 VStrom thru Farmers. Alot depends on where you live to.
  20. dillon

dillon Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer:
    im paying $270 a year with a speeding ticket on my 250 Ninja...