Coastal Empire Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Mr&MrsErnbo, Jul 5, 2012.

1. travlr_45

travlr_45 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tell'em you have " something to do"
  2. Rutabaga

Rutabaga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wish I was gonna be around. Headed out Wed. morn to do a Georgia perimeter ride.
    [​IMG]

Dinner in Richmond Hill sounds better than Ramean eaten out of the Jet Boil. Maybe next time.
  3. SavannahCapt

SavannahCapt Long timer

Oddometer:
    That sounds like fun. Is there a mapped route?
  4. HPTuner

HPTuner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good luck, have fun, & tell us about it! :D
  5. Rutabaga

Oddometer:
    Well, not actually mapped out route but an idea. Leave Bluffton and cross the Savannah River on 119 South at Clyo, turn North and stay as close to the Georgia state border as possible all the way around the state. Post it when I get back.
  6. mr.jadkowski

mr.jadkowski Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry guys and gals, some stuff has come up and I'm not going to make it tonight. Enjoy your dinner!
  7. HPTuner

HPTuner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ain't gonna make it. Y'all eat a shrimp for me!
  8. travlr_45

travlr_45 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone who is interested in the Wednesday night meet speak up. Location to be determined soon
  9. motogirl25

motogirl25 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone riding tomorrow?
  10. Rutabaga

Oddometer:
    Anyone got a chain rivet tool I can borrow or rent for a day? Will also take any advice?
  11. SavannahCapt

SavannahCapt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I don't have one. I've seen some on sale recently on cyclegear.com.
  12. Slider17k

Slider17k Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Rutabaga, how ya been doin'?
    If I had a rivet tool you would be more than welcome to borrow it...but, don't have one. I think Cycle Gear (Charleston) has the whole kit on sale right now for around $39.
    Personally, I use clip type master links...you can safety wire the clip for a little extra "peace of mind :)". Been using them on the race bikes for years...in much harsher conditions than our ADV bikes ever see, with no issues. However YMMV!
    If you decide to use a clip type, make sure it matches your chain (size, mfg., model)!!
  13. mr.jadkowski

Oddometer:
    http://www.kawiforums.com/how-tos-faqs/121549-diy-chain-rivet-tool.html

This is only helpful if you already have the tools (a c-clamp and tubing flare set). I've never actually done a chain with that DIY tool, a one of my coworkers has a complete chain tool set and that makes it easy and quick.

Make sure you press the side plate on to the correct spacing before you mushroom the rivet pins. I use a set of calipers to compare the master link to the next link over; once the dimension between both outside plates is the same, I mushroom the rivets until the width of the rivet pin heads is the same as the rivets in the next link over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Rutabaga

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up.

Yea, I used clips on my shifter kart secured with some very fine safety wire. Just the ticket for easy maintenance. Horsepower was not too different from the G650(45 vs 52?). I think the chain I was looking at only came with the rivet link.

Wow! Calipers. Digital I hope. My shaking hands make a mockery of measuring distances that small.
  15. mr.jadkowski

Oddometer:
    Nah, I have a set of cheapo vernier calipers that do the trick. They are good to .1mm, if you can read a vernier scale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Rutabaga

Oddometer:
    Here is the first segment of the total package. Hope you enjoy it.
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941613
  17. travlr_45

travlr_45 Long timer

Oddometer:
    To all y'all out there in "ADV land" hope everyone has a a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Thanks for all the rides from this year Keep it safe, lots of miles to ride in the new year coming. Spring will be here before ya know it. Be ready to ride. If anyone is interested maybe an ADV ride/lunch could could be worked out for next wknd.
  18. motogirl25

motogirl25 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Travlr_45, do you have a website about the dual sport ride in FL in January?
  19. travlr_45

travlr_45 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Motogirl,
    it.Polar Bear Adventure Rally
    January 10, 11, & 12 - 2014
    A Dual Sport and Adventure Bike Weekend
    A CADS supported Event

Sponsors

BMW Jacksonville

Klim Gear

Thanks to these sponsors we will have door prizes on Saturday Night.

This event is for "GS Giants", "Dirty Dozen Riders" and dual sports of all types. We will have 5 routes, an Adventure Route for Big GS's, KTM 990/950's, Teneres and Tigers. Also Dual Sport "Ocala" routes A, B, and C for the 250's to 650's etc. all bikes need tags. There will also be a sport touring street ride in the Florida back country.

Where: Gold Head Branch State Park, Keystone Heights, Fl
    Phone 352-473-4701 Reservations 800-326-3521
    www.reserveamerica.com

Rally Fee: The is No Fee

You will however be expected to pay for your own camping arrangements with the State Park as well as your food.

Regarding Food - we are planning a dinner Friday night where CADS folks will be bring "most" of the food. Saturday night we are working to arrange a caterer to come in and cook us a meal. Everyone will have to pay the caterer for their meal (if they want that meal). We are expecting cost to be around $10 per person. As we get closer we will be flushing out the details.

There are Cabins for rent from $65 to $100 a night and sleep from 4 to 6 people. Tent and RV camping is $20 per night, and 2 tents are allow per site.

If you are trailering in just for the day their is a day fee of $5. We will have a section where our cars and trailers can park for the weekend or just the day.

There is also 3 group camping sites available if you have a team you are bringing. Those sites are $5 a head.

This area of Florida has several State Forests for us to use as well as Ocala National Forest. We expect to lead rides out on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We will also have routes sheets for adventure or dual sport routes.

Temperatures are expected to be a chilly 60-70 degrees that time of year

Tenative Schedule

Plans at this point look like:

Friday will be an early bird ride for those that arrive thursday night or early friday morning. This will be a nice moderate ride to get warmed up for the "Big Ride" on Saturday.

On Saturday we plan to have 3 groups like at the Turkey Trot for the (small bikes) "Big Ride" on Saturday.

An "A" Group (Fast Burn) "if you are even wondering, this is not your group"
    A "B" Group regular "aggressive" riders and most humans
    A "C" Group this will be those interested in a no pressure ride.

By design, those that start in A group and have trouble hanging can wait for the B group to join them with a much better chance of continuing a "normal" life.

If B is still more than you want to chew on, then you can hang out for the C group.

Hopefully this approach will give everyone the challenge they desire while also offering a nice no pressure option.

There will still be an Adventure ride on Saturday for big bikes as well. If we have a large number of big bike we may split up into A, B groups for safer and smoother experience. A Street Ride will also be lead for those that want to join in but do not have a dirt or adventure oriented bike.

We do plan to send out the GPS tracks when we have the routes figured out. So if you desire you can ride the routes with your own group.

BMW of Jacksonville
    Will be providing the food on Friday.
    They will also have Some GS models available for test Rides

FOOD
    Friday
    We plan to have an afternoon cook out at a CADS members cabin on a lake near the State Park during the friday ride.

Friday evening we also plan to have a simple cook out for those arriving later on friday.

Saturday
    Lunch is being arranged to be on the routes at Foxy's B-B -Que.

Sat night will be the "Big" dinner and festivities at the State Park. This is targeted to be a catered event of some good grub.

Saturday Night will be the drawing for Door Prizes. The Grand Door Prizes will be a Klim Traverse Jacket and a Klim Traverse Pant. In addition, those winners will get a coupon card to use to purchase the other half at a large discount.

Klim Traverse Suit -Must be there to win

Count down has begun

IN

Day13
    D6066
    hawkman
    Mr Guns
    Kaosrider
    SamIam
    Bobby Ginger
    waybill
    Slimy
    Roadking99
    Huzband
    Wolfgang55
    Rambo1
    Dr.Z + fil
    Colemanfu "King of all Manfu"
    Motomike14
    Kubano - out recovering
    Vico 1
    Buzztail
    Sperz1
    Mugwest
    sfront and Team Wanker
    Woodsatyr
    Phillip Kuntz
    Crazy Creek
    Chicken Helmet
    AdamFl
    Seatec and Mrs Seatec
    FLArider1
    Ginger Beard
    Dewaynehasty
    PoolPah
    FastnSpeedy
    Fulano
    CAPEHORN 31 (Terry, Paco and JC)
    Master Chief and Mrs. Chief
    brewmann
    Spaded Ace
    Beach finn
    Swannie
    Milkyway
    SuttoFl
    lilrascal55
    Next40
    Oldbikerman
    4wdzuk
    Eeickey
    SteveWFL ( Maybe?)
    jmal
    gwelsh
    reedo 12
    Zrexrob
    Al Tuna
    Sanjoh
    jub jub
    Ag Streak
    Larrygee
    Bg Dadddy
    yzmaico
    reunice
    Schoals +5
    viclan
    Spikesgs
    Delta61 +4
    Kruser
    Spaded Ace
    Millerman1855
    BlueLghtning
    Dave t08
    Tracker2
    piggy
    drtdigr
    mike
    NDKRomany
    Kelly duke 2000
    Fl Pepper
    Rightspin
    Lawnchairboy
    DRZDIVER + 4
    moderndaydrifter +1
    Kyle B
    tumbleweed
    Peacock12 + 1

Let us know if you can make it. I will be updating this page as we go.

Did I forget anything?
    kaosrider screwed with this post Today at 09:12 AM

09-19-2013, 12:13 PM #2
    Rambo1
    Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
    Count me in. Going to request the time off from work and the wife . can you recommend any campsite #'s where most of you are staying etc... never been to this park.

Thanks

09-19-2013, 12:16 PM #3
    Dr.Z
    6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 8,989
    In!

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff

09-19-2013, 01:21 PM #4
    kaosrider OP
    Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 690
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rambo1
    Count me in. Going to request the time off from work and the wife . can you recommend any campsite #'s where most of you are staying etc... never been to this park.

Thanks
    It is early so pick a spot and we can tell everyone else where to camp .
  20. HPTuner

HPTuner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same here, wishing everyone the best during this holiday season. I have really enjoyed the rides & the eating this year! :D I hope we can do it all again next year!:thumb