Hotrodding the GS

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Poolside, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    I'm getting an R12R next week, bone stock.
    Previously had an R1200RT that had a pipe and K&N airfilter on it, and I installed an [FONT=&quot]ACCELERATOR Module from the guy in Europe with good results.
    I reckon your unit works along the same lines as the Booster Plug and the rest. That about right?

Anyhow, I may want to throw one on the R when I get it next week.
    Sorry, didn't have time to read the whole 3220 posts in this thread. :d
    Maybe you can give me the short version....[/FONT]
  2. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Sure thing RD. Here's the short version. (And thanks for putting the private message question in the forum.)

Yes the IICE Air works along the same lines as the products mentioned. One product has a different sensor location. Sensor placement does not change the performance, though many people maintain the intuition that it does. Sensor location has gone through many instrumented tests, and every sensor location on the bike performs in the same way. Science trumps intuition.

As you can imagine, the Air could have been built with a sensor out at the end of a cable. But other than being a gimmick, and catering to what people think is true, there was no point in it. Integrity trumps Marketing. (sorry JJ :D) The sensor location doesn't hurt anything, it doesn't change anything either.

However there is one difference. The Air is adjustable so that it will work with upcoming product. Links to much more data, including sensor location, are listed in the first post of the GSpot thread. Link: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638412

You should be aware that these are not an 'inventory item'. Advance orders are placed, then I build them. This device turned out to be more popular than we ever imagined. And at this point the in-my-spare-time 'community project' is more than a little behind.

So, if you think you might want the future products, and are ok to wait a while as I catch up (and I am catching up), press the add-to-cart button!

p.s.: I love the R model, always have.

<BR>
  3. Rapid Dog

Oddometer:
    Cool beans.
    I make an as they get ordered moto-item as well.
    I'm not in a rush, but how long are we looking at?

And the first question was, this GS deal is a plug and play that will work on the R as well, correct?
  4. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Yes, it's the same for all BMW models. All the fuel-injected models that is.

p.s.: What moto-product do you make RD?

<BR>
  5. Rapid Dog

Oddometer:
  6. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Great work! You make some nice looking bar backs.

[​IMG]

JJ (aka inmate johnjen) heads up the Marketing division of this out-of-control community project. I thought he might answer the 'when can we have it?' question. It seems more natural that way. :D

Seriously though, I was shooting for shipping everything by the end of December. The economy is picking up and I've been bidding engineering jobs, which is a priority of course. I'll be back at the bench Friday, and over the weekend.

<BR>
  7. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    As to when
    Yeah you can call me Mr. Natural Marketing GENIUS. :lol3

As to when well, the stock Marketing answer has and will remain YES!

And since they (the rest of this "out-of-control community project") have taken away all of the sharp objects within reach not to mention any knowledge of what is REALLY going on in terms of production, the best short answer I can provide is 'soon'.

A longer answer is I can only guess. These are labor intensive devices and Poolside spends most of his free time making up batches of 30 of them at a time, so it will be at least a month.

JJ
  8. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    the Ozark, Boston, Kiamichi and Ouachita Mnts
    Perhaps the marketing department can start answering all Poolsides PM's and queries on the forums so PS can stay in the saltmine? :whip :D
  9. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Speaking of saltmines, I'm getting some dinner and a coffee, and after that I'll be swinging a pick until further notice.

(Though I do have one or two responses to some recent technical posts in here.)

<BR>
  10. Ayrshire Bull

Ayrshire Bull why the hell not?

Oddometer:
    shhhh!!!!!! get your ass back into the basement! :wink:
  11. joenuclear

Oddometer:
    Marketing needs to remind him that the the beatings will continue until morale improves! :thwak
  12. johnjen

Oddometer:
    I think you have a distorted perspective of just what Marketing is all about along with the power and influence it holds.

Marketing when elevated to the level we are witnessing here on this project, is NOT about reminding production about the beatings.

No no, not at all.
    That would be wholy counterproductive in any and all ways.
    And not up to the standards we aspire towards at all.

No, Marketing's job is to deeply seat the knowledge that production KNOWS what is expected and what the consequences are for making marketing get out of its comfy chair and HAVE to go down there and remind them of this.

Lets not assign any undue responsibilities to Marketing that it doesn't deserve… I mean it's already got a big enough job as is and inducing it to take on even more responsibility runs counter to its very purpose :evil

JJ :lol3
  13. joenuclear

Oddometer:
    I see JJ. On those rare occasions when Marketing is required to leave it's comfy chair how does it reinforce it's expectations to production? :ddog or :ace or :dhorse or :jomomma
  14. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer

Oddometer:
    Say JJ, does Poolside know about the webcam you put down in the hole?

I can see that he has a neat 'n tidy workspace, but I don't see him there actually getting any work done... :lol3

[​IMG]
  15. johnjen

Oddometer:
    Its more like :fpalm

JJ :evil
  16. johnjen

Oddometer:
    And now the $64K question.

Who can identify what the test unit is, directly under the big spool of red wire?

Bonus points for the unit directly to its left…

17. joenuclear

Oddometer:
    Good one JJ. :rofl
  18. frogy

frogy Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's a loud speaker from the series "Voyage to the bottom of the sea".
  19. dirtyoffroad

dirtyoffroad Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    osciliscope?
  20. johnjen

Oddometer:
    Yeah they very well may have used one of those as a prop in that show. And since it has a nifty visual enhancement display built right in it does make for a good prop. :thumb

But your response wasn't in the form of a question so try again&#8230; :lol3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.