F800 GS Pricing

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by halo15, Aug 24, 2010.

1. halo15

halo15 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking for a new 800. What's a good number to shoot for? One place wanted MSRP + all taxes/fees. Another took $500 immediately off MSRP. How much wiggle room is there on these bikes. I really want the bike - just don't want to leave the dealer feeling like I paid more than I should have.

Thanks
  2. itsforrest

itsforrest Ugly bag of mostly water

Oddometer:
    Most dealers don't have much room to deal on new bikes. Unless there are factory programs or discounts of some sort, $500 off MSRP is probably the best you're going to see on the F800GS.

Because the margin is often better on accessories, you might be able to get a higher dollar amount in free accessories or maybe in addition to the 500 off the bike, ask for some percentage off of accessories at the time of bike purchase.
  3. CheckerdD

CheckerdD Long timer

Oddometer:
    These bikes are selling really well so there is not much give. I got $500 off the bike and a break on the Adv. bags and, a free t-shirt and hat. That is really common, but I have seen worse. When I bought my 1200 GS in 2005 their was a 6-9 month wait for delivery due to demand. The salesman pointed to the price on the sales slip and said thats it, and don't ask for anything because the answer is NO. Dave
  4. halo15

halo15 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. I'll probably be going back to the dealer with the $500 off and see what discounts are available on acc. 10% was what they were willing to part with on acc when I first asked with a max charge of 4K on the card. Wish they would take more on the card. It would be easier to ride out with the bike on the same day.

Thanks Again
  5. YamWOW!

YamWOW! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I saw somewhere that the 2011 F800's were $60.00 more then the 2010 models. I don't know if the 10's will be discounted if any are left. If not I will just buy a 2011 or stumble across a used one.
  6. Nevada

Nevada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Utah Valley, Utah, USA - unless out riding.
  7. itsforrest

itsforrest Ugly bag of mostly water

Oddometer:
    If you are financing the bike and really want more add-ons or accessories, there is usually an allowance for including accessories or gear in the loan.