Unifilter for 1190

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by Stromcat, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Stromcat

Stromcat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if the Unifilter requires a fuelling mod on the 1190? Cheers.
  2. FuzzyDunlop

FuzzyDunlop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As far as I know it does not.
  3. Filterman

Filterman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Stromcat,

Myles from Unifilter Australia here. No there is no fuelling mod required when fitting our kit.
    Cheers
  4. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    Now I just need something to put it in :(
  5. CHRIS_D

CHRIS_D Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Myles,

I Just ordered one today.:deal I'm sure it's going be a long wait to get it here to the US .:cry
  6. dragos

dragos Master of disaster.

Oddometer:
    Is it true that top speed decreases when Unifilter is installed?
  7. Filterman

Filterman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We have not had feedback as such. All feedback has been very positive. We have never tested the bike at the top speed. For everyday riding there should be no issue. The bike is an adventure bike not a race bike. This filter was designed to fix a major dust issue while maintaining the best possible air flow. The filter was designed to suit the original bike. If someone has experienced a loss of top end power I would also think the bike may have had other changes like exhaust. If this is the case you should have the bike retuned to suit. I hope this helps.
  8. Bigem

Bigem Long timer

Oddometer:
    I often wonder where this fucking rubbish starts?

The thing will do in excess of 220kph, why would anyone want it to go faster, unless they have very small balls!!:rofl:rofl:rofl
  9. dragos

dragos Master of disaster.

Oddometer:
    In this forum, it seems.

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22979032&postcount=95
    http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22981721&postcount=96

I've seen this, so I was asking at the source, given the occasion. At least should stop the rumors.

I personally don't care at all about going at 270kph, but if top speed decreases, it means the filter affects power. That's good to know, even if you don't care about it.
  10. GEEZER5

GEEZER5 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My uni filter arrived this morning (Wednesday), great service as I only ordered it Sunday night. It looks a lot better than the standard one and for peace of mind it gives me, it more than compensates for the price which was quite reasonable. So overall no issues and who cares if top end is slightly reduced. It is still plenty fast enough to have the bike impounded for a long while and lose your license for even longer.
  11. coloktmGS

coloktmGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where's the best place to order this kit in the US?
  12. PatSmith

PatSmith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure they are available yet. Another inmate hoped to hear from UNI in OZ and availability for the 2014.
    I think only 13my is available.

13. strider.deano

strider.deano Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unifilter USA is a different company than Unifilter AU. After a call, I found that the USA company did not sell the pre-filter for the Tiger 800XC, so I had to order directly from AU. I wonder if the same is true of the kit for the 1190?

Tapatalk response filtered through the NSA.
  14. Bigem

Bigem Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure there has been no drop in performance, it still reaches the redline in all the gears i have tried so far!!:clap:clap:clap
  15. Master

Master Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Someone knows where to get the Uni filter in Europe? When I follow directions from the AU site, I am redirected to some store in Canada...
  16. Martyred

Martyred Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I bought directly from Australia. In the end it was something round about 65€ with shipping if I am right. Took 10 days. Quite fair!!! :D

Here is the LINK
  17. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    I just got an email about the kit for the 14. They are still waiting for the 14 airbox to come in. They will then design or redesign the filter kit.

"Hi Erik,
    We are waiting for the new air box to arrive. As soon as it does we will be straight on to re-designing the filter to suit the 14 model. I will advise you and organise the replacement parts to be sent asap.

Regards
    Myles Gooch "
  18. JoeyZ

JoeyZ "I'de Like To Take That Ride Again" Might as Well

Oddometer:
    I spoke to ReBecca from uni today. Te new filters are going into production and they may be available as early as friday. She e mailed me a price and she will contact as soon as they are ready to ship. I strongly suggest you contact her.

Sucking dirt is the fasted way to destroy what is otherwise a beautiful machine.

DON'T DO IT!
  19. PatSmith

PatSmith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you mind passing along her contact information?
    Thank you.
  20. mcguyver

mcguyver Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just fitted one to mine. What a pain the ass to fit. Decided to leave the previously fitted k&n filter in and just fit the ram pod filters and the prefilter. Not a big fan of foam filters in my road bikes. The foam filters need regular cleaning and access being the horrible job that it is, I think the K&N will last a little longer before cleaning as they don't dry out like the foam filters.

Love foam filters in my dirt bikes but they have much easier access and can be serviced much more quickly and easier.