Big Bear Bash - Part 2, The Plan of Attack

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by K6OST, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Luv2putt

Luv2putt RETIRED!!

Oddometer:
    Head count for Saturday evening's Taco-fest needed by Wednesday! Mike wants to know what time we want the food ready, is 6:00 pm good? :dg
  2. K6OST

K6OST Adventurer

Oddometer:

6 sounds good to me! I have the headcount as it stands, but I'll wait to give it to you till tomorrow afternoon in case there's any add-ons.

If you emailed or PM'd me, I have you on the list.

Anyone else want to add on? Let me know
  3. CollinsB

CollinsB Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was a tad early... I Rode up to Big Bear over the weekend thinking the bash was on the 10th-11th. :huh
  4. K6OST

K6OST Adventurer

Oddometer:
    DOH!!!

it was a good weekend to be up there, so will this weekend. You coming up again?
  5. CollinsB

CollinsB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yea, I'll be up early Saturday.
  6. Moraflex

Moraflex Banned

Oddometer:
    OK here's my deal;

Friday I'll be at the top of Cajon pass at the Outpost Cafe around 8:30~9:00ish AM for a hardy plate of Hamsteak and eggs. After the great breakfast, I'll go 138 to 173 to Rock Springs to Round up way to Bowman to coxy to 3N16 into camp. This route will be very nooooob & Beast friendly for all those that want to tag along. Just look for the big orange beast loaded down, that'll be me:1drink
  7. K6OST

K6OST Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got a feeling we're going to bump into you on Coxey, our trail dumps onto Coxey just up the hill a mile or two from where you and I came out onto it before.
  8. Moraflex

Moraflex Banned

Oddometer:
    Thats what I was thinking. It's to far for me to blast to Mill street so I'll just relax with breakfast and see you guys up there.
  9. focallength

focallength Certifiable

Oddometer:
    anyone want to meet for b-fast friday morn?

Ill be heading to the meeting spot to drop off my gear and join the crowd for the ride up. Ill stop and get some grub before heading to the meeting spot, I live in riverside so anything along the 91/215 is good, itll only take me 10 minutes to get to sanberdoo so Ill probablly leave home around 7ish get b-fast and head to the spot around 8. So if your heading down the 91/215 and want to get some grub PM me. I was going to go to dennys :puke2 but if anyone knows a better place to eat in sanberdoo Im all ears:ear

:dg

this guy wants to know if theres still room for late comers?
    [​IMG]
  10. kj7687

kj7687 KJ - just KJ - okay :)

Oddometer:
    I was only going to meet up in Big Bear on Sat. But seeing as how I just quit my job, I'm planning on meeting up Friday morning, riding all day, going home, and going back up for another day of riding on Sat morning! See you guys in SB.
  11. kj7687

kj7687 KJ - just KJ - okay :)

Oddometer:
    I was just there last saturday. I started there and rode up to big bear, then back down. There's a nice bit of single track and some sweet rock crawling in a couple of places. Other than that its mostly flat and wide open though.
  12. K6OST

K6OST Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Always room for more
  13. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    whats the plan or loose plan for sunday?:deal
    i can only make it on sunday and i'm just curious if everyone will be eating breakfast, then riding home, or going on more rides in the area?
  14. doubleoh7

doubleoh7 AKA Chief FallsAlot

Oddometer:

6 sounds good to me as well.... :jkam :beer :slurp :dutch :dg :bert :pot :spam :lurk :photog :freaky :kumbaya
  15. K6OST

K6OST Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm up for another ride on Sunday and I can't be the only one. :clap
  16. Moraflex

Moraflex Banned

Oddometer:
    My sunday ride is 131 miles back home fighting traffic. Fun Fun Fun
  17. Luv2putt

Luv2putt RETIRED!!

Oddometer:
    Perfect weather shaping up for the weekend! Mid 40's at night, mid 70's in the day and clear clear clear! :clap
  18. mole

mole Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Kj7687,
    You gonna be riding the TW200? If so, maby some us "small displacment" bikes could tag up for a ride?:krusty
  19. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm riding Sunday but the trails that I will be taking are all westbound and down the hill which eventually take me to the FW15! The last segment is Cleghorn.

This is great, we'll get more dirt on the way down!

From there on, cross FW15, and head out to Wrightwood, to Mount Emma, AFH, and finally home.

Joel
  20. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    sounds like a plan.:deal
    i'll head out to the campsite EARLY sunday morning for some dirt back to L.A.!!!:ricky hey joel, what do you ride, color, etc so i know how to find you in the early morning fog of drunken campers.:lol3 i ride an all black KLR 650 with black gear and a black/silver arai XD.