Twin Cities Daytrippin' Week

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by FirstPath, Jun 1, 2011.

1. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey all,
    After seeing all the fun on the trip to Duluth I realize I need to make some serious time for riding. So... here is what I propose.

The week of July 11th... Monday thru Friday. Each day a day ride to various locations from the Twin Cities. Any direction. Since I don't have a dual sport I would prefer to stay on paved roads or well groomed gravel. Food/pie must be part of the destination as well.

5 days of riding, exploring, bragging and learning (for me anyway).

Let's try to get a group everyday. Come one day... come all days. I'm open for suggestions on destinations, routes, and things to see. Departure times and arrival times can vary but I only have one caveat... no overnights and not too late on return as I have to let me dog out (but arrangements can be made...just sayin')

What do you think? Is this a good week? Too close to 4th of July? Perhaps later in the month like the week of the 18th or 25th?

Let me know...

Scott in Shoreview
    '85 Voyager Hack
    '79 Suzuki GS550
  2. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Sounds good - I hope to be around that week (11th). I'll try and attend as many days as possible!
  3. 84blue

84blue Its time to ride somethin Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think it sounds like a great idea but I'm not around that week. I'll watch for the reports.
  4. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey all,
    Finally able to get a cleared week in July so we're looking at the week of July 25th. Would love have some groups each day otherwise I'll do it by myself (insert joke here). Ride together... meet up at destination.... whatever.

Each day a different direction... a different destination.

Even if you can't ride I would love some suggested places to visit. Looking at interesting destinations from the Twin Cities no further than 3 hours or so out. Off beat, nutty, whatever... Would like to stay on paved or well groomed gravel.

Thanks all...

Scott in Shoreview
    '85 Voyager Hack
    '79 Suzuki GS550
  5. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    Neat idea, consider me subscribed.
  6. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool... I'm going to hope for nice weather and throw out a few destinations later this week. Looking for quirky places that are fun to get to so please share!

Spam Museum is probable. Never been so I might as well go...

Scott in Shoreview
    '85 Voyager Hack
    '79 Suzuki GS550
  7. Bos_N

Bos_N Guest

How about ignoring the No Trespassing signs in North Oaks and running ditches? :D
  8. Buggy6

Buggy6 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I won't be able to ride this week but i'm in for some rides down the road. I've been a long time lurker and decided i need to start riding more. I'll keep ya dudes in mind. I'm really looking for a good mix of on/off road. Love going to nemadji.

Doug from Burnsville
  9. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey all,
    Still planning on doing some riding this week but I've got a good problem. My slow freelance month is picking up with several projects coming in this week.

Monday, 7/25 - 8:15 Dr. Appt. then going to ride to Faribault via going through Northfield. Probably stop in and see my folks for a bit in Faribault. If anyone is interested in meeting for a few miles together let me know...

Scott in Shoreview
    '85 Voyager Hack
    '79 Suzuki GS550