MotoGP:Gran Premio bwin de España (Jereth Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    This. Whining about Pedrosa's rookie mistake at Estoril in '06 just makes the (usually American) posters making the remarks look like petty-minded fools.
  2. kyns

kyns Long timer

Oddometer:
    Simo didn't make a move on Pedro back in 11... It was Pedro who overcooked and hit Simos rear tire...
  3. mike25

mike25 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here we go again.............
  4. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    I agree,having a brilliant 20 year old racing Moto-Gp and putting moves on established big boy stars can only be good for the sport.

All the fast guys were young and hungry/brash at some point.
    I like the way MM repeatedly comes in hot on the verge of locking the front...over and over,he wants it bad.
  5. jktpa

jktpa X-Troller

Oddometer:
    I never was under it like Dave said it was a rookie mistake I just said it reminded me of it ."lighten up Francis"
  6. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is no similarity. Pedrosa wasn't attempting a pass in '06. He just crashed, taking Nick with him.
  7. bk brkr baker

bk brkr baker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

That's what I thought as well.
    But to to that would have taken a Rossi , in his prime , level of situational awareness.
    J-Lo didn't show it and paid the price.A little harder bump and they both would have been in a pile.
  8. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
  9. Frostback

Frostback Frostback

Oddometer:
    At the risk of micro examining a single incident,

There are a few things that seem evident -
    1. JL can go fast as stink.

2. His consistency and smoothness are a potent weapon, but may also be a weakness. If opponents have the speed to catch him, he may be more predictable than most. It sounds like others have done this sort of move before on JL.

3. I am wondering where MM found the speed or brakes to hustle up on JL's rear tire repeatedly and still find his way through the corner?

4. I am wondering if JL is a technically perfect rider who is untouchable on a fast bike with a decent start but maybe not so much of a slice and dice racer when confronted with someone of similar speed levels. If that is the case, we are in for a wonderful season of clashing riding styles. I see camps forming (DP, JL and maybe Bautista (?)) being the porpoises and VR, MM, and CC being the sharks.

Lee
  10. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spoken for truth. I'm tired of My fellow Americans hating on DP over this.
  11. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Check out Brno last year. Dani Pedrosa can fight for victory, if needed. And JLo used to make some moves a lot like Marquez (good AND bad!) in the smaller classes. Now he's mr. Smooth, because it's fast on these bikes. But he won't tolerate it, if a rookie tries to spank him again, true he got a bit caught out in Jerez, but will be better prepared next time.
  12. bxr140

bxr140 Flame Bait

Oddometer:
    You guys need to lighten up! There MIGHT be one or two people here that legitimately hate on the C'apn for 06, and mostly--like the stoner jabs--because others on the Internet get all bent. The rest of the peeps don't care, and/or have plenty of other reasons to dislike Pedro. Its all good man, its just entertainment. Let it go, get over it, or employ whatever other cliche you deem necessary to move on. :rofl

:freaky
  13. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    I have to think we just joke about it these days. There's no seriousness attached, at least with me.
    Riders make mistakes all the time.
  14. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Think of it this way: its the same joke every week for six years. Its gets old and lost any relevance a long time ago.

Crutchlow comes up with fresh jokes every week on Twitter. How about running those into the ground for a change?
  15. Lurky-Loo

Lurky-Loo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    But you touched my stuff.

Point taken, it was an offhand remark, but like Dogboy and others said, after 6 years it's time to move on.
  16. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    One major difference between the '06 DP shunt, the old JL shunt, and MMs move was that both those others occured during corner entry, while the MM contact was mid turn. MM was even during turn in with JL, but inside, effectively putting him ahead already. JL still committed to an outside line through the corner in parallel with MM, not a good plan IMHO!
  17. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
    :rofl

Yes, a mini me dictator. :lol3
  18. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    Can anyone translate?.. I think he said something about taking Poland.
  19. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Marquez has certainly added some spice into this championship. I'm also glad that so far he's been more clean than was maybe expected (the JLo pass was a bit in the 'gray area', but last lap last corner, you see an opening, you go for it - I'm more surprised JLo screwed up his tactics there, but it happens).
  20. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Why would you make the assumption that I don't give Dani credit? I am highly complimentary of his riding. I don't think I am a detractor of his in any way.

I am not even a big Marquez fan. I am highly impressed by his talent, but he is far from one of my favorites.

:dunno