Yooperbikemike's 2013 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired at the beach

Oddometer:
    Mine streams MotoGP live just fine off my iPad when I'm home. But, You are watching an online channel somehow? That would be cool here in the US. The hotel has crappy analog channels on a crappy HD, so everything looks like it's scrambled and out of focus, including the local over the air channels. I just stream my iPad and ignore the hotel TV.

2. Zeekster

Zeekster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What is this "jail breaking the apple-tv? y'all be talkin about...:eek1:deal:lol3 If'n ya give me a link I'd be happy I don't wanna get off topic.
  3. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Or MotoGP 2010 at Motegi. Best bits start at about 50 min. A couple of Yamaha teammates going at it. A preview of this coming year??
  4. Dagofast

Dagofast Owner of one clean o-ring.

Oddometer:
    Well crap. I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Unfortunately, we have version 3 and as far as I know, there isn't a jailbreak for it yet. :cry
  5. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Meh. The Rossi circlejerk is beyond boring.
  6. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Yamaha circlejerk is worse. It's annoying. I think they fade again for a few years. Not hungry enough in management right now. Rossi should have went to HRC if he wanted another championship.

Yamaha is good for some podiums, though. Maybe three or four. :D
  7. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dean.
  8. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:

Search XBMC and Navi-X and some people have video's sort of explaining it. But yes I watch live streaming of the good MotoGP channels or other channels are stored. The online database is immense and there is a Red Bull Chanel that Red Bull Rookies Cup series on Demand and most big events they've ever shown as far as I can tell.
    For instance I like Ancient Aliens, They're listed under "A" along with 50 or so other series that begin with "A", then they're listed by season and every show is there to watch when I want it.
  9. Zeekster

Oddometer:
    They will be doing the Apple TV 3 in February
  10. Zeekster

Oddometer:
    Thanks mdubya,I watched the moto2/Arragon/2010...on the freekin edge of my seat...the way ya supposed to be while watching good racin...:clap:clap:clap
  11. Pilbara

Pilbara In the flow...

Oddometer:
    NEWS
    THE YAMAHA FACTORY RACING TEAM TOUCH DOWN IN INDONESIA

25/01/13 - 13:49
    Yamaha Factory Racing superstars Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi made their first appearance together as reunited teammates today in Jakarta, Indonesia. The two riders will spend two days attending a number of activities.

Today they helped to launch the new logo for one of the factory team’s key sponsors, Semakin di Depan (Yamaha Motor Indonesia) at a morning press conference in Jakarta.

Lorenzo and Rossi were joined by Yamaha Motor Racing’s Managing Director Lin Jarvis to reveal the logo to the assembled international media.

They then went on to spend the afternoon shooting a television commercial for Yamaha Motor Indonesia.

Jorge Lorenzo : Yamaha Factory Racing Rider
    “I like the new Semakin Di Depan logo, I think it’s quite special and even better than the one before. I love coming here to Indonesia, the weather is spectacular and it’s very warm. The people are also very sweet and warm; it relaxes me to be in the country. I’m feeling very positive about the 2013 season, I think the arrival of Valentino is good and we have a very strong team now. I know he is a very talented rider. We will start trying the new bike in Sepang at the next test; I think we have a great chance to be World Champion again. It is going to be very difficult as always, it’s the toughest category. We are confident with our possibilities though and we are one of the favourites. ”

Valentino Rossi : Yamaha Factory Racing Rider
    “I am so proud to wear the new logo and am very happy to be back in the family! I cannot wait for another opportunity to ride the M1. I think the Yamaha Factory Team will be very strong this year with myself and Jorge. For me at this moment I have to be a little quiet and try to understand what my level is with the bike after the first test. My last Grand Prix victory was in 2010 so my first goal is to come back onto the podium as soon as possible, and to try to win a race.”

Lin Jarvis : Managing Director, Yamaha Motor Racing
    “It’s really nice to be here in Indonesia and seeing so many friends of Yamaha and supporters of the team. This year of course we have assembled our new team for the challenge of the 2013 MotoGP season with Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi back together again in Yamaha’s ‘super’ team. This is a wonderful occasion for us to be here for with our riders together for the first time this season and also to have the fantastic new Semakin Di Depan logo, I love the new styling.”

Spanish stars in attendance at Campus Repsol headquarters in Madrid, for Repsol Honda Team 2013 official presentation.

Campus Repsol today hosted a very special event: The unveiling of the 2013 Repsol Honda project. Riders Dani Pedrosa and Marc Márquez —the lineup for the coming season— Repsol Chairman and CEO, Antonio Brufau, and Executive Vicepresident of Honda Racing Corporation (HRC), Shuhei Nakamoto, pulled the covers off the new Honda RC213V to reveal an impactful new livery design. The event was also attended by Director General of Communication and Presidency, Begoña Elices, Dorna CEO, Carmelo Ezpeleta and President of the Royal Spanish Motorcycle Federation, Ángel Viladoms.

For the 19th season, Repsol and Honda presented the bike and riders with which they will fight for the MotoGP World Championship. Dani Pedrosa and Marc Márquez will contest the 2013 campaign on a Honda RC213V that has an all-new colour scheme this year, adapting to Repsol’s new corporate identity and giving prominence to a striking white.

Three-time lower cylinder category World Champion and reigning MotoGP World Championship runner-up, Dani Pedrosa, joins forces with reigning Moto2 World Champion, former 125cc titlist and MotoGP debutant Marc Márquez this season. The duo form a dream combination as part of the most powerful team in the series. Repsol has backed both riders since their formative years on the world stage.

Campus Repsol was designed so that those who work there can enjoy a comfortable atmosphere that facilitates their work. In the headquarters, the possibilities to promote a working culture based on innovation and transparency are used to the fullest.

Dani Pedrosa: MotoGP rider

“I am very happy to have been here at Campus Repsol today, and to have been the one unveiling the bike and its new livery. We'd run with the old design for a long time and I think that now is a good moment for a change. This year's bike has a fresh touch to it, which can give us a boost at the races. I hope the fans like it too.

I'm starting this preseason really keen. I can't wait to get to Malaysia and to have a few days to put the bike through its paces, enjoy myself and see which parts we are going to use for the opening race, as in the Valencia test after the last race of 2012 we had so much rain that we couldn't do much.”

Marc Márquez : MotoGP rider

“I have really been looking forward to this moment. I am very happy to have presented the new colour scheme for my move up from Moto2 to MotoGP. Seeing the bike painted with the Repsol and HRC logos makes you feel very satisfied with this new step forward —it makes you realise what a dream-come-true it is. I'm like a kid with new shoes!

I enjoyed the atmosphere of the presentation at Campus Repsol a lot, and I was able to see that the press attention for MotoGP is light years ahead of that for Moto2. We'll adapt to this, little-by-little. In the end, the important thing is what happens on the track, so I can't wait for the Malaysia tests to start."

Antonio Brufau : Repsol Chairman and CEO

"The Repsol Honda Team and the MotoGP World Championship are great ambassadors of our brand, and a great showcase for Repsol's values: Teamwork, technological innovation and the spirit of taking on a challenge. These values fit perfectly with the philosophy of Campus Repsol, and make our headquarters the ideal location for this presentation. Honda are a perfect partner at the highest level of competition —a world which allows us to develop our fuels and offer a better service to our clients. We face the 2013 season with two exceptional riders and the same excitement as on day one."

Shuhei Nakamoto: HRC Executive Vice President

"We again have a strong lineup in 2013. Dani Pedrosa had a fantastic 2012 and will start this year even more motivated. Marc Márquez is a great talent and I am sure that it will not be long before we see him on the podium. I am very happy with our new team structure and everyone in HRC will continue to work hard on the development of this bike, in order to give the riders the best chance of victory.”
  12. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    :thumb:thumb:thumb
  13. dsilver1007

dsilver1007 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rossi has won more championships for Yamaha (4) in the past ten years than Honda has in ten years (2)
  14. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
    Here's a kleenex... clean up after yourself.
  15. dsilver1007

dsilver1007 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So you support HRC as opposed to Yamaha or do you just dislike Rossi? I could have also put that Jorge Lorenzo has won the same amount of championships as Honda in the past ten years. (if that is more acceptable)
  16. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
    Who I support us irrelevant to my comment... stop spewing statistics and results from the past.. ... I couldn't care less about what happened last year let alone the past ten.
  17. dsilver1007

dsilver1007 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You are correct the past is the past, that being said in 2013 a YAMAHA rider will hold the number one plate! :clap
  18. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
  19. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    And also an interview with Earl Hayden in that same Cycle News.
  20. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    Good article, gives me hope for Ducati and MotoGP in general. But then I always clap for tinkerbell too. :D