Foot dislocation (Lisfranc Displacement)

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by blaster11, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    Good Idea! If we bring our own power tools and duct tape (to close it back up since we mostly can sew), can we fit into the 85% price? How about if you bend over and offer to assist your own operation, is there any discount for that?
  2. tundra61

tundra61 I wish I had a title

Oddometer:
    Had a similar accident happen but while windsurfing at OBX. Hit a sandbar at high speeds and right foot folded so that the toes touched the heel !

Not fun - good luck with the recovery.
  3. Blur

Blur No It All.

Oddometer:
    "The screws'll come out tomorrow
    Betcha bottom dollar that tomorrow
    There'll be none!!"

[​IMG]
    Vanishing Point likes this.
  4. blaster11

blaster11 Still having fun!

Oddometer:
    That's pretty funny blur! Appointment for 0900 tomorrow for screw removal! :clap I am going to try and get the screws so you and me too can see how big these things are....I am very curious. Pictures tomorrow.
  5. lilsmokey

lilsmokey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What about the carb cleaner? You gotta kill the bacteria somehow dont you? :deal
  6. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Carb cleaner has so many uses! :D
  7. ShopGuy

ShopGuy Gravity hates me

Oddometer:
    Good luck tomorrow, hope it goes well
  8. Blur

Blur No It All.

Oddometer:
    Best wishes for today!!!

Make sure they come out with the same number of screws they put in!!

[​IMG]
  9. manfromthestix

manfromthestix Lost in Space Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow, I just tripped across this thread and now I have sympathetic foot pain. OUCH! Good luck with the final episode.

That hardware in the photo above reminded me of a funky question my doctor asked me when he repaired my shoulder after a crash - I jammed the AC joint (acromium - clavicle, collar bone rammed into the shoulder) so the doctor had to cut out about an inch of the collar bone to restore some clearance. He asked me just before the surgery if I wanted to keep the piece of removed bone as a souvenir :huh. Uh, no thanks Doc, I'll just keep the scars, X-rays, memories, and medical bills, thanks anyway.

Best wishes, Happy Holidays, don't slip and fall on any ice!

Doug
  10. O.C.F.RIDER

O.C.F.RIDER Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer:
    On 12/9 I got high-sided off my 525 at considerable speed and got me my first intraarticular distal radius fracture, and snapped off 2 chunks. But I was much luckier then you.........nothing displaced itself (I didn't even attemp to ride the bike out just because of MAYBE fucking something up even more) and I'm just sporting a cast from my knuckles to my armpit. No hardware.
    Wow! Some story here with your foot. Makes me REAL happy when I folded my foot around my ATK's foot-peg years ago and ran to the doctor's office first thing the next morning, as I thought I must have broke everything there was to break in there. Amazingly..............all that pain and not a friggin' thing was snapped. BTW, I WASN'T wearing my Tech 8's, but a pair of Fort Lewis Danner's. Not much good for riding!
    Hope all goes well getting de-screwed today and I'm sure you'll be back on the bike in no time.
    Merry Christmas!

Chris
  11. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Well the procedure went well with no complications. Screws were removed with what seemed like ease so apparently I didn't bend anything. :clap He couldn't get me the screws unfortunately since they were already bagged and tagged. They only gave me a little juice through the IV with the majority being done with a local. So while all this was going on we were having fun, laughing and shooting the breeze with the Dr. and rest of the staff.....great group of folks! The only thing I really felt was the pressure when he was working the screwdriver...no power tools used. So now I am home with my leg propped up, I will provide more of an update later. So bottom line for now is I got past the milestone and moving forward with recovery and life. :clap It was a good day! Thanks for all the well wishes as well and Merry Christmas to everyone!
  12. Guano11

Guano11 Stop me if you've heard this one....

Oddometer:
    Great news, and a good way to start the New Year!

.....or the end of the world. :huh
  13. ShopGuy

ShopGuy Gravity hates me

Oddometer:
    Good to hear blaster! I'm doing pt foot exercises right now as I post this, it's amazing how weak everything gets in two months of non use. When do you start physio?
  14. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Agreed on the weak part, I started going back to the gym about 4 weeks after the injury but only started mild leg exercises about 2 weeks ago.....definitely lost a LOT of strength! I ask the Dr. right after this happened about Physical therapy and his story has stayed consistent throughout...none needed just walk and lead a normal life. I thought it to be a little odd but he hasn't steered me wrong so I am going with it.

The most pain I experienced throughout the procedure was the IV in the back of the hand.
  15. Blur

Blur No It All.

Oddometer:
    Glad it went well!! :clap:clap:clap
  16. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Decided to forgo the pain pills for a bit to see what I was working with and it looks like 3 to 4 on the pain scale, so not bad but definitely noticeable. Most of the pain is on top where they removed 2 screws from.
  17. manfromthestix

manfromthestix Lost in Space Supporter

Oddometer:
    Several years ago my brother broke the bejeezuz out of his leg and had to get it surgically repaired. He told his doctor that he wanted to be awake as they wheeled him into the operating room. Well, OK, we don't usually do it that way but that's your choice. They wheeled him in on the gurney and as the doors popped open and he saw the stainless steel saws, drills, hammers, stretcher bars, clamps, etc. he started screaming "PUT ME OUT!! PUT ME OUT NOW!!!"

:lol3

It is a very wierd feeling watching a doctor do stuff like that, feeling the pressure, but not experiencing any pain (but you know it's coming...). Glad you're OK! Sorry you didn't get any souvenirs.

Doug
  18. blaster11

Oddometer:
    So here is where I am at for now.
    Minimum activity for 5 days
    No strenuous activity for 4 weeks
    Weight bearing as tolerated
    Progress back to full weight bearing
    Stitches can be removed in 10 days either by primary care doctor or myself, guess which one will be removing the stitches? :D
    Boot for 2 more weeks then start weaning myself off (1 hour regular shoe then 4 hours back to boot)
    Change dressings in 6 days and keep stitches covered and don't get them wet.

Carry on with life!

I am figuring 2 to 3 weeks and then I will give the DRZ a try but only on road for a while. :clap

One of the last things the doctor did was ask me if I wanted a print out of the X-ray for my thread since a certain someone, J4S, introduced him to my writeup. He actually acted like he was pretty impressed with it and liked my description of hanging me by my toes and the pictures showing it.
  19. joints4sale

joints4sale No. Not "That Kind".

Oddometer:
    :y0!:y0!
  20. joints4sale

joints4sale No. Not "That Kind".

Oddometer:
    I had nothing to do with that.