BEWARE - XPC Racing Motorcycle Seats

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by 06Z, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Ciampa

Ciampa Long timer

Oddometer:
    <br>
    I just picked up my CRF450X from Crank's shop in VT a couple days ago on my way to drive cross-country to SF where I am moving. I usually refrain from getting involved in these pissing matches but since it was my seat in question I thought I would stop while in Wisconsin to post something.

I just finished building my bike and I plan to solo Baja on it next year. I have only ridden a few miles on the XPC seat so far so I can't speak to how it will hold up, or how comfortable it is on long distance rides. I will provide a proper review once I have put some distance on it. I can say that I was very happy with the process. Jim worked with me to get the seat dialed in for my kind of riding and with racing Baja in mind. I have never owned a seat like this so to me it feels plush and definitely better than my stock seat. As a designer aesthetics and quality are extremely important to me and I have to say I love the way the seat looks on my bike. Beauty is subjective and everyone has different expectations and riding needs, so what works for one may not be the best solution for another. Luckily there are many great seat options out there and now we have XPC to choose from as well.
    <br>
    [​IMG]
    <br>
    I will share more pics once I pull my bike out of my trailer.
    <br>
    [​IMG]
    <br>
    Cheers from the road.
    <br>
  2. Craiger

Craiger Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I have seen this seat in person... The pictures that I hosted were taken with a cell phone and then I resized the pictures and in doing so distorted the detail... I really never looked closely at the resized pictures but after seeing this thread I realize how distorted the picture is... I have no dog in this fight other than hosting the pictures that Jonny Cash sent me from his cell phone... I had every intention of getting by Jonny Cash's with my digital camera to take better pics but have not had a chance as weather and other oblications have gotten in the way... The seat looks VERY GOOD on his GSA... I am not a seat expert but talking to him his reveiw of his seat is very positive... I feel bad because I resized the pictures that caused the distortion that is being used now in subject 10 to slam the seat quality and XPC. I have removed the distorted pictures from another post... The picture above is a POOR representation of the XPC seat quality.....
  3. husky123

husky123 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ciampa,

That bike looks bad ass in white.
  4. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well Holy $hit,

I dont check this thread for a few days and look what happens. I started this thread and that is my berg on the first page. I do have a ranazco on my 950 SE and the XPC on my berg. I can say both are great quality. I am very picky when it comes to aftermarket products that I install on my bikes. They MUST be high quality or I would not put one on my bike. I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with my purchase. This seat is a high quality seatand on par with my renazco. These pictures do not do these seats justice. My renazco seat has wrinkles on the sides but I have seen it on at least 5 other renazco's as well . Just par for the course.

XPC is a company who is passionate about the product they make and it shows. This is a company who DOES stand behind their product just like renazco does. Both offer a great product.

You can see there are several posts in this thread with positive results. Satisfied customers. I happen to be one of them.
  5. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you serious. My seat is a nice comfortable seat that's going to last many years. Made in USA. All this and just over a week and it was back in my hands. What more could one ask for?
  6. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Positive feedback!
  7. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Positive feedback!
  8. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you ridden with a XPC seat on your 950 SE or Berg?
  9. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Positive feedback!
  10. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another Happy customer.
  11. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since you posted this in a thread I started, I will answer.
    I had a corbin on a Ducati 1098 that was very comfortable, But HEAVY for such a little seat. I had a 2005 DR650 and it took almost 4 months to get that seat from renazco. 2 weeks after I got the seat, I sold the bike.
  12. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you ridden 10,000 miles on a xpc seat on your 950 ADV? A few more weeks, try 3 to 5 months! How than can you say it is Skimping. That $100 could have been a couple of Steak dinners! Now that is a better trip in my book.
  13. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Positive feedback!
  14. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now tell me, Is this being objective?
    [/QUOTE]
    Need I say more!
  15. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Look another positive feedback!
  16. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And this stitching?
    [​IMG]
  17. Yzlvr

Yzlvr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Both seat companies are top notch. These seats are hand made and not machine production made. As long as your a$$ is comfortable, its all worth it. I have 2 Renazco seats and would not hesitate to try the XPC seats. Both are excellent companies with satisfaction guaranteed. What more can you ask for?
  18. prowler1

prowler1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure what all the complaints are about. Even in the pictures, the XPC seat looks darn good to me.......maybe it's my eyes. If the stiching is not absolutely perfectly spaced, no big deal, just goes to show that it's a hand made seat (I. E. not off the shelf). I'd buy one (in fact, I've e-mailed them to get a price).
  19. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    No argument on your XPC decision, the quality of their seat, etc.

I did want to clarify, however about the Renazco wait time. They (Renazco) don't keep the seat for 3 months. You send it to them the week before its build date, and turnaround time is much shorter. In my case it was 10 days from the time I shipped it off until it returned.
  20. CodyY

CodyY ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer:
    :nod

Those of you that are late to the party might want to re-read this part. James has a backlog of work, however he does not keep your seat.

XPC looks ok, but i've sat on Renazco's and they are worth the extra $100 to me. I've got one ordered for my 640 as we speak. I'd have to try out the XPC before I was willing to give them a shot.