Ripped off by a Vendor (Konvoi.ro)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by HolyCannoli, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Simplyred

Simplyred No longer active on ADVRider.

Oddometer:
    You may also want to investigate if there are any options for filing for bankruptcy of this guy.
    Maybe other Romanian ADV riders can chime in on what the rules are about this in Romania, and whether this may sort effect or not. It depends per country and culture. If this is done in Romania, you could already write such a paper and send it to him upfront in copy as a last chance to pay immediately.
  2. HolyCannoli

HolyCannoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, It seems that he can not keep his word. He told me 9 days ago that he would refund my money in 7 days. Big Suprise.
    :cry
    I would like to ask the Romanian members here to please post this link on Romanian sites that this guy is on so people are aware that he is a theif.
  3. Lorretto

Lorretto City Dweller Crushperado Supporter

Oddometer:
    HC

I assume you have seen the 9 videos on Youtube under
    konvoiromania11

If not you may want to post your experience
  4. sailah

sailah Lampin' it

Oddometer:
    I get the feeling his rating is about to nosedive
  5. t6pilot

t6pilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same think happens of other web sites
    Three years ago ordered a Dirty Harry holster from lawman leather in Las Vegas paid up front (my mistake) one email after another holster almost ready shipping soon
    Bull shit these two scam artists fleeced dozens of buyers and were finally run out of Vegas, their now operation their scam operation in Texas. Anyone offering original Dirty Harry holsters stay away from. These guys are total fucking
    Thieves
  6. Kittywhiskers

Kittywhiskers Huh? what?

Oddometer:
    hi nice to meet every one,

not sure what could be done for international problems but what i have done in the past when some one rips me off like this is go to my local court house spend the $30 to open a suite spend an other $30-50 to have them served and bring the case on. if they don't show up you end up with a default judgement then sell it to a collection agency or collect it your self. you may not get your full amount back but you will get a good part back. you would be surprised how often people change their minds about doing the right thing once served with court documents. i have done this a few times, twice with ebay after palpay refused to help and it has worked on every occasion. one paid right after being served the other after the default judgment and threat's of making a stink for none payment. like reporting it to the credit report agencies.
  7. subybaja

subybaja Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey, JD! Welcome to the shortbus!

You did notice that the seller's in Romania, right?
  8. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    :lol3

bump
  9. ghostryder

ghostryder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3
  10. marcone

marcone V-Stromer

Oddometer:
  11. HolyCannoli

Oddometer:

I am not sure how he made things right as I still have no money and no luggage. Istvan emailed me on 9/19 saying:
    7 days came and went with no contact at all. So I emailed again on the 26th & 27th asking why he keeps jerking me around like this. His response came on 9/29 along with 20 photos of luggage...

I am not sure what he was trying to tell me with this and unfortunately, he hasn't emailed me back. I am going to try to post of some of the Romanian sites he is on frequently as he seems to be selling a lot of his stuff in the country now but none of the sites have english translations so it is really difficult.

I know this guy has made a lot of bags for lots of people. I can;t understand why he picked me to rip off but I guess thats just the way it is.
  12. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't know, but I think his brother lives in Morgantown and I hired him to put a roof on my house.

A month ago.:huh

Hope this gets resolved, but I don't know how you would go about it legally. I'm enough of an asshole to fly to Romania, find him, kick him in the sack and return home.
    I'm not sure why he thinks sending you pictures of luggage is supposed to make you happy.

Can you use a translator on any of those sites?
  13. Simplyred

Simplyred No longer active on ADVRider.

Oddometer:
    As far as I see it, this is a well known method of keeping "customers" on a distance. Promises, promises, promises.... that are never kept. Most of the people who encounter this will stop trying and take their loss after some time. He probably knows that and plays the game like that. It does not cost him anything to write you an e-mail, or send you pictures. You can't even rely on ANYTHING he writes being true. In the past, Rumania had a very, very bad name in terms of reliability of vendors. That has changed some since the country became a EU-member.

However, I guess when you tell him to have the panniers ready next week because "a Rumanian friend" will pick them up, he will probably say that he could not do that because "they have just been shipped out". NOT of course. He is just stalling you until you give up.

I think your only chance at some point is to file official charges against him with the local police authorities and make a fuzz about it where you can. Remember, that the country IS a member of the European Union and as such is under control of Brussels to a certain level. They might not want one of their citizens ripping off European or US-citizens. Not that your personal situation would be of any priority of them, but if they receive more complaints, someone might want to go and take a look there.

Keep us posted!
  14. japako

japako Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have been reading this thread and it is a shame you have been ripped off..
    How about asking a few of the Romanian guys to pay him a visit?
    I bet if someone squeezed his balls hard enough, you would get your money back.
  15. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^ Now this is a solution.
  16. subybaja

subybaja Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. HolyCannoli

Oddometer:
    I have already started with google translator an have been signing up for Romanian websites. I have made a commitment to myself to leave him one review per day.
  18. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    :clap Issues with Venders, I'm having one two just a different one. Good luck.
  19. HolyCannoli

Oddometer:
    Spoke on the phone for the first time with Istvan. His spoken english is a bit better than his written. He tried to explain the problems he was having and promised me that he would ship my bags within the next 7 days. I told him I will stop posting reviews for the next 7 days but if he doesn't send me a valid tracking number I would start posting again the next day. We shall see.
  20. melciu

melciu Newbie.

Oddometer:
    Don't know if it makes you feel any better but this idiot was not a ripoff. He's just a plain moron who had a good business and he fucked it up.

I'm saying this because I did see some of his bags and they looked to be good stuff. He started fabricating these manually in a tiny workshop. He did come on to a Romanian Bulletin Board at that time to ask for advice. We've actually seen him design, fabricate and sell his first kit. He's actually a good handyman.

His business picked up, he increased prices (he overcharged you heavily, his entire set used to cost around $800 in the spring) but he got in trouble with the orders he received.

He's just very poorly organised, he says he also has some personal troubles (wife died he says) and it's a total mess. Unfortunately he lives about a day's travel away from me, otherwise I would have met him in person by now. He also screwed up a buddy of mine's trip up north by eventually delivering the bags 5 months late, with no supports. We managed to find somebody to fabricate the bars and that was that, I think he also sent some money back.

Sorry you had to go through this, I think eventually you will be receiving the money. Threaten him that you made friends on the Romanian forum and they're coming for payback. He will eventually cave in, probably with money he received in advance from other people's ruined rides until his business goes truly under.

Cheer up, in case you don't get the money you will eventually get a good set of bags.