RI & Eastern CT Big Bike Drop-o-rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by mrt10x, Oct 5, 2010.

1. cheesebot

cheesebot I cheesebot

Oddometer:
    I'll see your Tengai and raise you my Transalp

[​IMG]
  2. Turtledub

Turtledub Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is this the start of a secret So. County riding club? :rofl If so, I want in. If not I want in.
  3. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    :clap go get her

edit: mrt10x memorial road has corn on both sides.. which I could have easily ridden into had my mind not been addled by age.
  4. Twilight Error

Twilight Error Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer:
    I think I sprained an eyebrow when I read that.

Decision time....
  5. Compufreek

Compufreek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I like those Transalps, they look like my bikes Honda cousin. I would like to get my hands on an Africa Twin, really like that fairing. Wonder how much flak I would catch for modding mine to run two rounds lights lol
  6. Jerry Withajay

Jerry Withajay Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would be in for next weekend ... need to use the new trailer at least once... I have to squeeze past in the garage about 5 times a day...
  7. Compufreek

Compufreek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hell if it is I'm in! But are the rules gonna be like fight club cause half the fun story telling after the adventure.
  8. Hurricane Bob

Hurricane Bob Long timer

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

:freaky
  9. Drewha

Drewha Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't let Lilolta see this. Block her!:eek1
  10. cheesebot

cheesebot I cheesebot

Oddometer:
    It's okay, we have one of those too

[​IMG]
  11. Compufreek

Compufreek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anybody every try taking a big bike through the rock garden near Sand Hill Rd.? Tried to do some of Pachaug this weekend I am guessing there is a reason why there are some places big bikes dont go lol.
  12. Twilight Error

Oddometer:
    Yes, I did.

Once.

I know better now.
  13. Compufreek

Compufreek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    LOL good I am glad it wasn't just me....I will not do that again....my fairing is like Bakelite so bouncing around through there on the Tengai did not give me the warm fuzzies! Didn't go down but man did I feel like I was gonna! Otherwise those trails are fun...any other sections anybody would avoid on big bikes?
  14. Twilight Error

Oddometer:
    Thats the only one I've found that I wouldn't return to, but I ride my GS a lot harder than many and don't have much trouble taking it places it really shouldn't be.
  15. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    I think I've seen you several times in the past month on 95 and 102 (maybe 295 as well). I mean how many big guys riding Tengai's can there be in RI? You are always going the opposite way I am. I commute from Mass to Twisted Throttle.
  16. Compufreek

Compufreek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah I am pretty sure I am the only one in state....I drive right by the store on the way home lol I live right down the road and take the unmaintained side road to relax after the commute. I am still on the scale of big guy that stands out and not only for my bike so I am easy to pick out...pretty sure I have more video coverage than the last election from all the ignorant assholes that try to phone cam me! It's all good at least I am out there doing it and now that I am setup properly am enjoying the trail rides too. It is amazing what you can do when you really put your mind to it. For all those people with them cams I am sure they would poop themselves seeing me cruising on the trails down Pachaug....well except for that rock garden...I am sure that was hilarious seeing me try to muscle the Tengai through there lol.
  17. alcontrast

alcontrast at least I'm trying

Oddometer:
    is the rock garden by Sand Hill Road the trail that goes up from Sand Hill Road towards Green Falls? If so that got a lot worse in a section or two this past winter.. The rocky hill is more washed out.. A few of the big bike drop o rama rides went through there in years past but I don't think I'd bring big bikes through there anymore.. Not bad on a 650 or smaller..
  18. stromper

stromper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Triple EEE ride ?

Mt Misery is closed until mosquitos are gone I assume after the 1st hard frost

I would have a good load of DEET if you head for Pachuag or at least a friend with a 2 stroke
  19. lilolita

lilolita fahr mit mir

Oddometer:
    w00t! I made Google streetview on the Buddy! I look at this pic and think I need to go back to the high-viz for commuting.

[​IMG]
    <small></small>
  20. LaurenL

LaurenL Was "tmlee"

Oddometer:
    How cool is that!