ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Europe, Africa, & Middle East
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 01:54 AM   #1
MATTY OP
ADV RIDER & DRIVER

Oddometer: 183
Question Track and trail route maps for Scotland.

Has anybody any advice on Track and trail unclasified road routes or maps for Scotland.

I heard of Wades roads, they are old military roads but not sure if all parts are accesable to the general public, any additional information please?.

This site gave me the idea to have a closer look at the military roads up there.
http://www.oldroadsofscotland.com/military_roads.htm
And here are Wades Roads. just glancing at it some will be tarmac roads now but not all info on the off road sections would be good.

MATTY screwed with this post 07-14-2014 at 02:17 AM
MATTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #2
Gazz_
n00b

Oddometer: 6
As far as I know all off road sections in Scotland are illegal to ride a bike on, unless you have the land owner's permission. And most of the roads that get 'abused' on a regular basis are sometimes policed with police on off-road bikes. There are a handful of unsurfaced roads that you are legally allowed to use dotted throughout the country but most are lucky if they are a mile or so long and not worth the effort to go looking for them.

Really sad state of affairs since the landscape around here is very good for offroading, etc, but that's just how it is.

There are quite a few motocross tracks with some forest trail riding type stuff springing up here now, probably due to having no where else to go on your bikes.

Off the top of my head, I can think of one near Drumclog and one near Lesmahagow. Both of them about an hour or so ride north of the border (I notice that you are from NE England), but you've probably got this type of stuff down in England and for free.

Probably a lot of reading here, but here's the small print regarding this issue:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1984/54
Gazz_ is offline   Reply With Quote