Local to Kenya

Discussion in 'Africa & Mid East' started by zulusafari, Jan 5, 2011.

1. zulusafari

zulusafari Malta DualSport

Oddometer:
    Hoping to get a thread started for those who are local to Kenya and more specifically to Nairobi. Anyone else out there? Would love to swap parts and gear, put together group rides and share some chai.

Let's get together.
  2. acrossafrica

acrossafrica Braap!

Oddometer:
    sounds like a plan there are riders in Nairobi however very few ADV riders but many can be convinced. ill be there in two weeks maybe we can do a ride
  3. flying_low

flying_low Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Zulusafari...
    Just joined advrider.. and pleased to find this thread. I'm not in Nairobi very often, but am based in Amboseli, if you know it? Have lots of space to 'play' in.. get in touch? Also, in Nairobi this weekend (12-14th Feb) are you around? Be nice to meet up and make contact. Always looking for other people to ride with in the bush.. much more fun and safer!
    Give me a shout..
    Cheers![​IMG]
  4. acrossafrica

acrossafrica Braap!

Oddometer:
    here is my local number for any of you 0701029589 lets get it going...i will also have a ride planned for northern kenya via maralal to loiyangalani-lake turkana and back via marsabit in june with a enthusiast of a the kenyan outback
  5. zulusafari

zulusafari Malta DualSport

Oddometer:
    Sorry I haven't seen these posts till now. Definitely DM me in the future. I need to change a setting so I get notified when people make a post on this thread. hmmm...
  6. .357Magnum

.357Magnum n00b

Oddometer:
    hey guys,

im also a local kenya rider... this is a good thread...there aint many ADV riders in kenya...:ear
  7. sonnymotox

sonnymotox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys we are a group of four riders who take riding quite seriously. We have travelled alot in tanzania and kenya. This weekend we riding to the mara, outside the park ofcourse. July we do the Loyangalani circuit mentioned earlier. Its good to know that we are quite a few. Will post some pics of the mara tour here.
  8. .357Magnum

.357Magnum n00b

Oddometer:
    how many days are you guys planning to ride for? unfortunately i'll be working this easter but i'll probably be free on sunday...
  9. sonnymotox

sonnymotox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    we are two on this ride, a ktm 640 adventure and a yam TT600
  10. sonnymotox

sonnymotox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    we leave on friday early and back on sunday
    what do you ride?
  11. .357Magnum

.357Magnum n00b

Oddometer:
    really wish i could join you guys... i ride a 2003 BMW f650gs Dakar...
  12. daudichwa

daudichwa n00b

Oddometer:
    just joined this forum after my brother told me about two riders in the mara over this easter. I would love to be part of such adventures. I have a yamaha xt600 which unfortunately has been giving me electrical problems of late. If you can recommend a good mech to have a look at it, i;ll really appreciate.
  13. .357Magnum

.357Magnum n00b

Oddometer:
    hey! good to see new peeps! theres a guy out in lavington. his name is Chris Handschuh. he's located on marsabit road...a place called jungle juction. Take Gitanga road as if you are going towards Kawangware, then take a left onto Marsabit road, his is the 4th or 5th gate on the right side(black gate with a big monkey painted on it). He's a bit pricey but he does a good job!:norton
  14. sonnymotox

sonnymotox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i am selling my year 2000 ktm. Bike is in good nick and ready to roll. Comes with rack and alu panniers for carrying luggage. Clutch was recently overhauled. Sprockets and chain also recently changed. Asking for ksh 450,000. Reason for sale is upgrading to a new 690. my email is sonnymotox@gmail.com if you need some pics and more info
  15. sonnymotox

sonnymotox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    this is a pic of the bike for sale
    lets also see some pics of your bikes
    cheers
  16. GKChege

GKChege n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, great to know there are some riders coming up into a group for adventure. I have joined two different groups on my XT660X and they are both different (one for racers, another for closer to adventure riders).

I want to ride to SA - or at least to Vic falls very soon. Problem is I don't seem to find any people who want to do a long ride. Loiyangalani would be great, but I haven't got the Africa Twin yet and the XTX won't make it that far North.

Stay in touch guys, let's do a serious ride soon - especially if anyone is interested in a long haul, let's chat. 0722 614589
  17. .357Magnum

.357Magnum n00b

Oddometer:
    im planning on doing a ride to mombasa and back in the next few weeks hoping i'll get leave off work. dates will be aroung 27th or 28th may, back by 1st or 2nd june... i'll be going solo so any additional riders are most welcomed! let me know!:ear
  18. RedBallRun

RedBallRun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  19. RedBallRun

RedBallRun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's not a bad country to bike in , is it?

[​IMG]
  20. sonnymotox

sonnymotox Adventurer

Oddometer: