Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 07:01 AM   #1801
Floyd111
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
shocks

Well, good news on this side, so far..
If the shocks of the Tengai and your KLR are about the same length (400MM), I can get the job done in time. I checked designs and parts lists, and we can build that shock completely from Ohlins parts, and all these parts are in stock. We could ship all these parts to Taiwan 10 days from now.
It's not a small deal, i just found out; This design is an exact version of an Ohlins prototype for the Tengai, that Sweden never made available to the public(!) Much time and money was spent on development, after which it was shelved due to other priorities.
This would mean you would be the only one to have this unique shock, that cost a small fortune to develop, done by the world's foremost suspension R&D department.
And, by the looks of it..in time.
I would however insist you stick a few Ohlins stickers on your hippy bike to keep the people in Sweden happy!
Floyd111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM   #1802
NomadGal OP
aka SoulDreamRider

Oddometer: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd111 View Post
Well, good news on this side, so far..
If the shocks of the Tengai and your KLR are about the same length (400MM), I can get the job done in time. I checked designs and parts lists, and we can build that shock completely from Ohlins parts, and all these parts are in stock. We could ship all these parts to Taiwan 10 days from now.
It's not a small deal, i just found out; This design is an exact version of an Ohlins prototype for the Tengai, that Sweden never made available to the public(!) Much time and money was spent on development, after which it was shelved due to other priorities.
This would mean you would be the only one to have this unique shock, that cost a small fortune to develop, done by the world's foremost suspension R&D department.
And, by the looks of it..in time.
I would however insist you stick a few Ohlins stickers on your hippy bike to keep the people in Sweden happy!
Awesome! If you include the stickers, I'll stick them on!
Prototype eh?? Any test runs done on it? LOL. I'll try them. If I get stranded in the middle of nowhere I'll cal you!!
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM   #1803
NomadGal OP
aka SoulDreamRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryden_rider_54 View Post
Email and discuss what you want, then send it down, you will pay via check, money order or paypal when it is done and then they ship it back.
http://www.topgunmotorcycles.com/Pro..._to_order.html

As for spring size take their weight recommendations seriously get the one that matches your normal day to day riding. I got the 7.4 kg and with just me on the bike it is a stiff ride.

Model Year 1987-2007
Stock Spring Less than 160 lbs
6.6 kg Top Gun Spring 161 lbs 230 lbs
7.4 kg Top Gun Spring 231 lbs 280 lbs
8.0 kg Top Gun Spring 281 lbs 330 lbs
Thanks dryden_rider_54. I had already seen the weight options.
Not sure if I should go with the 6.6 or 7.4 yet.
I'm 120 with my jacket and boots on. then I have about 100 and so lbs of stuff on me plus a full tank. I think the 7.4 is the safest option, it just makes riding without gear very stiff.
Old Today, 05:37 AM   #1804
dryden_rider_54
Sun Seeker

Oddometer: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadGal View Post
Thanks dryden_rider_54. I had already seen the weight options.
Not sure if I should go with the 6.6 or 7.4 yet.
I'm 120 with my jacket and boots on. then I have about 100 and so lbs of stuff on me plus a full tank. I think the 7.4 is the safest option, it just makes riding without gear very stiff.
Your choice but even at full load you are below the 6.6 weight limit and I am sure there is a "safety margin" built in there somewhere.

Personally if I were you I would go with the 6.6. How about this, if it does not do what you want, I will trade you even for my 7.4
dryden_rider_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:58 PM   #1805
NomadGal OP
aka SoulDreamRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryden_rider_54 View Post
Your choice but even at full load you are below the 6.6 weight limit and I am sure there is a "safety margin" built in there somewhere.

Personally if I were you I would go with the 6.6. How about this, if it does not do what you want, I will trade you even for my 7.4
I do like the color of the 6.6 spring better!